I am still experimenting with the porting of some of my aircrafts from FSX/P3D to AF2... and this time I tried the T-45C, which is looking quite good in this simulation, and it is probably worth completing.
...which makes me think that AF2 would be a quite nice platform for virtual naval aviation...so this is more of a "feature request post". I believe the FSX:A implementation in that respect is quite good:
From the carrier side:
- moving boat
- up to 4 catapults (with arm/disarm functions)
- up to 4 arrestor wires (with possibility for the sim to tell which one has been engaged)
From the aircraft side:
- Launch bar (inhibits nose wheel steering)
- Possibility to arm/disarm the catapults (if in the proper area)
- Possibility to toggle catapult assisted takeoff (which may be helpful for gliders)
....then, of course we would need a nicely rendered, dynamic sea (which I think it is already in the to-do list).
Sorry if it is a bit off-topic!