While we wait for LOWI - DTG's FSW will be free to us Flight School owners

• I was pointing out over at Avsim that while this is very generous, it also nicely inflates their initial "purchase" numbers when trying to entice possible third parties with how many potential customers there are.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I was pointing out over at Avsim that while this is very generous, it also nicely inflates their initial "purchase" numbers when trying to entice possible third parties with how many potential customers there are.

Very true, but users are users no matter how much or how little was paid for the game.

Regards,
    Ray

• They didn't really have a choice after retiring Flight School. It would have been real news if they hadn't done this. Retiring a game is very bad news already but leaving your customers in the cold is killing. So yes, you can call this excellent and nice but I'd call it mandatory. Their whole strategy doesn't give me confidence in what the future might bring. Before you know it they retire this new one also.

• Honestly,

I confess I am enthusiastic about the upcoming DTG offer, and wish them the best. It would be great to be able to have there a Game platform to continue on the FSX track, which is still, after all, a good one for many users.

I am waiting on AEFS2 though, although I fear the progress around here might be rather slow compared to what will probably be offered at the start for DTG's flight simulator.

Only "problem" is that both DTG FSW, and P3D share the core flight dynamics of MSFS, which not being bad at all is, nonetheless, inferior in potential to what I've seen as being already available to model aircraft and flight in AEFS2.

AFAIC, major problem with AEFS 2 for me is the absence of a perpetual daylight and Moon phase and ephemeris model. Just as X-plane it is restricted to some date / year and can't give us, based on any date and time, a proper daylight, including Moon position and phase, model. A mandatory requirement for me in any flight Simulator...

Limited by Main Thread...

• Oh well that's quite good news, I probably would have bought a copy anyway if it hadn't been too expensive, but getting a free copy is very cool. Competition is a very good thing for sims, it makes everyone up their game, so having several new titles out will be good for us. What I would have spent on the based game I can mentally put aside for any nice add-ons (or maybe just get Innsbruck for FS2). Only thing now is that if it comes out at the same time as DCS Normandy 1944, which one will I give the most attention :rolleyes:

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals