Posts by drassaud

Mon PC tient la route pourtant (I7 7700K, 1081TI, 16Go de ram et SSD) et je vole toujours sans les nuages qui sont de toutes façons très désagréables en VR. D'habitude je vole sans ralentissement en Ultra, ombres médium et supersampling 1.60 sans aucune saccade, en tout cas quand les drivers Vulcans marchent ce qui n'est plus le cas actuellement. Il y aura donc surement de l'amélioration quand ces problèmes seront réglés. La suppression des ombres fait du bien et c'est tout à fait volable en OpenGL Supersampling 1.20.

Pour répondre à ta question, oui tous les petits bugs repérés l'étaient en Ultra et ombres Medium, en supprimant bien tous les mesh qui auraient pu être en conflic avec la scène.

A+

Didier

Bonjour Antoine et d'abord tous mes remerciements et félicitations pour cette magnifique scène qui dépasse de loin ce que l'on a pu voir jusqu'à maintenant tous simulateurs confondus. Il y a vraiment un énorme travail souvent même dans des petits détails que l'on découvre au détour d'une forêt, d'une ville voir même d'une rue. J'espère que beaucoup achèteront et que tu pourras te consacrer à un nouveau projet, je pense évidements à nos Alpes qui seront forcément sublimés par la 3d automation et ton talent, et qui nécessiterons certainement un peu moins de ressources que Paris qui met à genoux mon PC, particulièrement en VR.

C'est d'ailleurs le plus gros problème de cette scène (pas qu'elle mange énormément de ressources, vu la qualité et la quantité des objets il ne peut pas en être autrement) mais par l'impossibilité de gagner des FPS en baissant certains niveaux de détails. Je n'ai pratiquement pas d'écart en VR entre l'ultra et le medium, seul la baisse du super sampling me fait gagner en fluidité. D'où ma question serait-il possible d'avoir des choses désactivables comme le textures de nuits, je penses aux lignes électriques par exemple ou à plusieurs niveau de densité de batiments (je me trompe peut-être mais je n'ai pas vu de différence en changeant les options graphiques).

Sinon, voilà quelques petits bugs que j'ai rencontré ici ou là si jamais ça peut t'aider. Les coordonnées sont sur les photos mais si tu as besoin de choses plus précises dit le moi j'essayerai de faire mieux.

Batiments volants :

Deux bâtiments avec des textures qui se chevauchent et qui donc clignotent :

Et peut être le plus visible l'antenne dont les textures sont transparentes et sous laquelle on distingue sous certains angles une autre antenne

Voilà, je ne sais pas si ça te sera utile, en tout cas encore merci pour ce superbe travail.

For those who are interested in integrating objects from Google Maps into your favorite scenes (as here for my scene Issoire Clermont-Ferrand), here are the links I used, and some useful info.

Here’s the video that allowed me to do everything, especially since there is now no need to use an earlier version of Chrome.

For clarity I also copy above the information it gives on youtube.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

NOTABLE CHANGES ON FEB 17, 2020! (now add-on version is v0.2.0):

- Use RenderDoc 1.6

- Use Blender 2.82

- Use the last version of Google Chrome (you no longer need an old version)

- In the shortcut, copy paste the whole next line, colons included (instead of chrome.exe --disable-gpu-sandbox --gpu-startup-dialog --use-angle=gl):

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c "SET RENDERDOC_HOOK_EGL=0 && START "" ^"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe^" --disable-gpu-sandbox --gpu-startup-dialog"

TROUBLESHOOTING: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir…deo_description

Add-on source code and releases: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir…deo_description

Deeper information available in the blog post: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir…deo_description

Support thread on blenderartists: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir…deo_description

After creating your Blender object, all that remains is to export it under Collada and use ModelConverterX as usual.

Personal Tips :

- When you import your object in Blender you have often to increase the "Max Bloks" to have the entire scenne. (2000 or more)

- When you export to Collada in Blender choose X foward in the global orientation

- In ModelConverterX prefere to reduce texture at just one (two max) to avoid offset problems by choosing a quite big resolution (4096 is most often suffisant but sometimes I have to use 8192)

Hello !

I worked a lot on the Issoire-Clermont-Ferrand's scene, but this one takes on a new dimension with the insertion of 3D objects recovered by Google Maps.

Of course, up close, the buildings are rather diform, but from 100 or 200 m of altitude they take all their interest.

Take a look at this.

(And for those who are interested in some explanations I opened a thread here : Import Google Maps 3D objects)

The Auvergne Zenit

Aulnat Clermont-Ferrand airport

Aulnat and its ugly sugar refinery

Aulnat "center"

School of Engineering

CHU Estain with its helipad

part of the Michelin plants

Prefecture and cathedral of Clermont

I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this overview of Oahu for Aerofly FS2. It may look like it's complete, but there's a lot more work to do as the guys keep on coming up with new ideas, and adding more custom details. That's why we cannot give a release date yet, we simply don't know when that will be either!

It will be a real pleasure to fly there, but why don't publishing a beta version for the most impatient like me ? ;)

Not true, as we said many times before: A new mobile version doesn't mean we abandoned the desktop version. They go hand in hand and we're already looking forward to pushing out that next big update! :)

Regarding the other things, we're quite busy with our next big features. If we go quiet it is because we're hard at work. :)

Glad to hear that, I hope you’ll make me lie fast.

Completely agree with you, it’s really disappointing and discouraging.

Ipacs is gone for the mobile version, probably more financially profitable, but guys, a mobile version this is not simulation, sorry.

Have you try to modify the tsc file and choose autoheight off, like chrispriv explain to me :

<[vector3_float64][position][6.988578 46.256478 0.2]> ---> relative ground-level + 0.2 meters

<[float64][orientation][25]>

<[int32][autoheight_override][-1]> ---> -1 = autoheight On

<[vector3_float64][position][6.984387 46.259110 399.9]> ---> absolute altitude 399.9 meters

<[float64][orientation][-1]>

<[int32][autoheight_override][0]> ---> 0 = autoheight Off

>

It works most of the time for me.

Check whether the faces are "reversed". I can't really see what your problem is on your pict, but it seem like some ghosting surfaces. We have that a lot when we convert from sketchup.

From sketchup the process is basically three fold (we haven't fully figured out why, but it seems to work like that now):

Make sure that there is no reverse face showing

Use texture on both sides of all faces (I think that is only a sketchup thing, i.e. only for sketchup models)

Convert with alpha off (although that part would need more testing as sometimes we want a transparent texture, but anyway)

This model is homemade with Blender. I don't find the option to have textures on both of all faces...

But I not sure that is the solution, because I see that if I use only one or two textures there is no problem :

And if I use three the problems begin :

or

It's like modelconverterx can not convert correctly object with more than two textures...