Scenery Loading Distance

• yeah i have the same issue, can you please explain more Phil what needs to be done ?

Will have to look later when I'm at my FS2 PC. I just found the section in the wiki, but I think its out of date in terms of masks. There's so much been asked about and written on geoconvert the whole thing needs an up to date guide. I'd do it myself but I don't fully understand it yet.

• I would love to see an easy tutorial on adding adjoining scenery. I still don't know what files I need to keep and don't need to keep (throughout the conversion process) - I know a lot is covered in the WIKI but it's not simple enough (for me anyways)

Step by step without missing anything :)

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• I would love to see an easy tutorial on adding adjoining scenery. I still don't know what files I need to keep and don't need to keep (throughout the conversion process) - I know a lot is covered in the WIKI but it's not simple enough (for me anyways)

Step by step without missing anything :)

+ 10,000

There is now so much information that I can't sift through it all. I have the same issue with scenery not popping into view until it is a few miles away, and I would love to know what the easy way to stop this is.

• The developers and moderators have grown with the sim and understand it, I am learning, I am not young and struggle with some of it.

We do need a SIMPLE, STEP BY STEP GUIDE and do not want to be told go to the WIKI it's all there. Yes, there is a lot there, but it's not in a simple step by step format.

PLEASE make one for those that struggle with this, I am sure I am not the only one.

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• The developers and moderators have grown with the sim and understand it, I am learning, I am not young and struggle with some of it.

We do need a SIMPLE, STEP BY STEP GUIDE and do not want to be told go to the WIKI it's all there. Yes, there is a lot there, but it's not in a simple step by step format.

PLEASE make one for those that struggle with this, I am sure I am not the only one.

Just general photo ground scenery? I can probably do that. I will write it up using masks, as that seems to be the issue. Once you have done it a couple of times, it is really not that hard. The first time feels daunting. Let me see if I can do up something this evening.

Andrew

• Just general photo ground scenery? I can probably do that. I will write it up using masks, as that seems to be the issue. Once you have done it a couple of times, it is really not that hard. The first time feels daunting. Let me see if I can do up something this evening.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

That would be great mate, what is killing me is adding adjacent scenery (tiles) - I am not sure what files I need to keep after initial conversion. I get gaps/missing tiles and it's a pain. Also issue with coastal scenery, still getting rough edges near shoreline. No problems with cultivation though.

Thanks in advance :)

Handy cultivation tools

• Hi Andrew,

That would be great mate, what is killing me is adding adjacent scenery (tiles) - I am not sure what files I need to keep after initial conversion. I get gaps/missing tiles and it's a pain. Also issue with coastal scenery, still getting rough edges near shoreline. No problems with cultivation though.

Thanks in advance :)

I probably can't help with shorelines and such, I have not done that yet. I have done adjacent, it is just remembering where you left off mostly. I know that gets hard for some of us that are reaching our downhill years. LOL

Have you successfully added any photo scenery yet, or still having issues with that

Andrew

• I probably can't help with shorelines and such, I have not done that yet. I have done adjacent, it is just remembering where you left off mostly. I know that gets hard for some of us that are reaching our downhill years. LOL

Have you successfully added any photo scenery yet, or still having issues with that

Andrew

I have added scenery, just struggling to add adjacent scenery.

Handy cultivation tools

• OK... Just a few tips that worked for me.

First, clean out everything, the FSET Work directory, the directory for conversion, etc.

Open Aerofly and look at "Location" and find the two corners of the scenery you have already made. Let's say the left upper and lower corners. Either write down the coordinates or find a couple of ground objects to use as landmarks.

Go back into FSET. Find the location on the map. Now move the corner slightly into the area you have already done. Make your box to the other corner and as wide as you need. This way the new files you are making overlap the ones you already have. Use FSET as usual, process and convert. Copy the files over to the working directory. It may say some of the files already exist, just go ahead and overwrite them.

I have done it this way about 10 times now, and have not seen any missing textures yet. Basically have the overlap, and you should be good.

Does that help at all?

Andrew

• No, once I overwrote I lost the first tile?

Handy cultivation tools

• Hmmm.... That is interesting. I have not seen that effect yet. So far, when it overwrites, I don't loose any tiles. I have done about 100nm x 100nm so far.

I will try a few things, see if I can replicate your issue.

Anyone else have any suggestions to help him out?

• Hmmm.... That is interesting. I have not seen that effect yet. So far, when it overwrites, I don't loose any tiles. I have done about 100nm x 100nm so far.

I will try a few things, see if I can replicate your issue.

Anyone else have any suggestions to help him out?

I am most likely doing something wrong, though I have tried everything...

Handy cultivation tools

• Are these .tmc settings correct:

Code
    <[bool] [write_raw_files][true]>

<[string8][folder_destination_raw][./scenery/images_raw/]>

<[bool] [write_images_with_mask][true]>

<[bool] [write_ttc_files][true]>

Handy cultivation tools