3d Buildings - textures needed

• Hi,

my intention is to make the scenery as slim as possible.

Drawcalls can be reduced dramatically with MCX and I don't see a disadvantage there.

The AC3D jobs remove errors in the drawing, mainly duplicate vertices.

In the meantime I had some cases, where surfaces dissappeared after surface optimization.

So you may skip this point, but have to take into account, that there are irregular faces in the 3D object.

• Hi Rodeo,

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Thanks Rodeo. Will take that into account.

Cheers, Ed

• Could you please explain a bit why in your video for adding 3D objects to AFS2 you recommend to reduce the drawcalls within ModelConverterX (...)

In addition to Rodeo's answer, minimize drawcalls also allows replacing used colors by textures, which appears to be mandatory in AFS2. That's very useful since many objects we designed for other sims aren't necessarily fully textured.

There's a key to estimate the result before minimizing, that's a very nice feature

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• In addition to Rodeo's answer, minimize drawcalls also allows replacing used colors by textures, which appears to be mandatory in AFS2. That's very useful since many objects we designed for other sims aren't necessarily fully textured.

There's a key to estimate the result before minimizing, that's a very nice feature

Cheers

Antoine

Thanks!

• Why don't sending a PM to Rodeo?. He surely could be of help. Keep us posted.

Cheers, Ed

I think Rodeo is busy enough without me asking to many questions.

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

Edited once, last by Kloot (April 28, 2018 at 6:57 AM).