can not change video resolution

• It is not running in compatibility mode for me. It's obviously just confused by the high DPI setting. Then again, as this isn't an issue for any other game or fullscreen application on this planet, the Aerofly developers must obviously call the wrong interfaces to get the actual screen resolution.

Oxdeadbeef, could you be so kind as to post your latest tm.log file so we can see that RC8 is not switching to win8 compatibility mode. Thanks.

As an aside, if I run the RC8 exe in win10 compatibility troubleshooter it recommends to use either win8 or vista plus updates compatibility settings. Still not sure why this is the case but I guess we will need to wait a little longer for RC8 support to sort this out. At least I still am able to work around this for now.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Thanks for sharing that Ox. Looks like you have the same compatibility issues with rc8 that many of us have. Hopefully rc8 technical support will fix this, and other issues like Oculus VR startup in the near future.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• We are currently looking into this. Please keep in mind here, users in this specific thread here report actually two different issues, so don't mix this up please.

On our various Windows 10 test machines, we can simply start Aerofly RC 8 in VR mode by choosing the correct start option in the Windows program group. Aerofly RC 8 automatically loads the Oculus VR app and switches to VR mode.

Also when Windows Font scaling is active in Windows 10, we can properly choose fullscreen mode.

We just need to find out why Windows decides to run aerofly RC 8 in compatibility mode on a few customer machines.

• We are currently looking into this. Please keep in mind here, users in this specific thread here report actually two different issues, so don't mix this up please.

On our various Windows 10 test machines, we can simply start Aerofly RC 8 in VR mode by choosing the correct start option in the Windows program group. Aerofly RC 8 automatically loads the Oculus VR app and switches to VR mode.

Also when Windows Font scaling is active in Windows 10, we can properly choose fullscreen mode.

We just need to find out why Windows decides to run aerofly RC 8 in compatibility mode on a few customer machines.

if it can help you ... I have tried RC8 on different machines and various builds of windows 10 .. graphics cards Nvidia and Amd ... and with different drivers ... but unfortunately the problem remains .. RC8 with any configuration start in Windows 8 compatibility

Yes you are correct, there are a few extra issues mixed into this thread. Maybe because some like me think they may be interrelated. These seem to me to be;

- inability to change video resolution

- startup problems with Oculus Rift, and

- rc8 running in win8 compatibility mode

I'll try to briefly address each of these.

For me, I do not have any problems changing video resolutions between windowed and fullscreen. My default monitor setting is 1920x1080 (= 1080p). The only problem I have is that with my Oculus Rift the fullscreen setting is not remembered and I need to remind it by adjusting it in the startup settings view settings. If I do not do this then I cannot see the full RC8 menus later. For me, this is no big deal.

If you startup your pc without previously using Oculus Home then select the RC8 VR-mode shortcut (with -othervr in it's properties) then it all starts up fine. Albeit you may need to hit the space bar to centre your VR view. If you try to startup rc8 in VR when you have previously used another Oculus Rift app then it will crash. Also, if you try to use Oculus Home after exiting rc8 then you may get an error message saying that your Oculus Server is not connected. This is not big deal for me because Oculus will then restart and all will be fine (except for restarting rc8). I have found a workaround to this. After using Oculus home with your touch controllers you need to close the Oculus app, then bring up win10 task manager, go to services, right click on ovr runtime, select stop. After it is stopped, right click and start it again. then restart RC8 and all should be ok. Pretty simple, lol! I might as well also add that the audio switcher for RC8 does not work. If you want to hear sounds through your Rift headphones you need to select/change your Win10 taskbar audio setting from your PC speakers to your Rift headset prior to staring up rc8. Actually, I would not recommend doing this because the audio seems to very quickly go from both headphones to all right or left and this is kind of annoying. There does not seem to be any proper doppler effect like there is in other apps.

The Win8 compatibility issue seems to me to be a common problem with all tm.log files I have seen so far. I'm really not sure if this causes any other problems (like no Vulcan beta options) but in any case it should not be happening if rc8 has been designed for win10 to begin with. Hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

So, I will try not to mix these issues into this thread from now on and I will discuss my Oculus Rift VR startup issues in more detail later in my Oculus Startup Procedures thread. With a few current workarounds I am really enjoying RC8 in VR. Thanks Ikarus!

• Yes, this seems to have fixed the win8 compatibility issue and my log file (see attached) now properly shows win10. Also seems to remember my VR fullscreen settings now. Also, does not crash if you select US units in general settings but the only units that seem to get changed for metric to US is the vario (shift+v). The speed (shift+s) still shows up as metric (km/hr). Also, I am still having some difficulty in starting up VR with my Oculus Rift by just using the rc8 VR shortcut. Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes. Also, I still do not see any Beta Vulcan options even though my gtx1080ti card and latest nvidia drivers (417,34) support this. No big deal since OpenGL (4.5) seems to work well anyway. Thanks for the update and I hope that you are able to sort out why rc8 crashes sometimes happens during Oculus startup. Thanks.

tm.log

• Is it possible to disable v-sync ??

Yes, first of all go to your nvidia control panel 3d settings and turn off vertical sync. Then go to rc8 graphics settings and select limit frame rates = off. I also select lens flare effect = off. I have not seen any advantage to using either of these in VR or non-VR.