More good news - this time from ORBX

• https://digitalflightwire.com/orbx-acquires-…th-simulations/

excerpt (my emphasis on AFS2)

I wrote some scenery reviews of these products when Earth Simulations were marketing them. At the time, they were the best of the best, just outrageously large files.

The sceneries will be split into four products:

• Alderney
    • Guernsey
    • Jersey
    • Isle of Man

Each will be priced competitively based on their land mass and features, and all will be completely rebuilt from the ground up using freshly licensed imagery from 2015 and 2016. We will add a vast selection of Orbx library objects and completely overhaul the performance of the autogen and models in order to provide state-of-the-art destinations for simmers.

John added, “Our colleagues at Turbulent Designs have been tasked with these projects for FSX and P3D and I am confident their team will produce a rock solid set of products.”

Following the FSX/P3D releases, the scenery will be ported to XP11 and AFS2 and the usual 40% cross-platform discount will apply for Orbx customers. Because this project has involved a substantial investment in new imagery, contractor, and other license fees there will be no free upgrades for previous owners of the ES versions of these islands from 2015 and earlier. These titles will be exclusively available from OrbxDirect.

Regards,

Ray

• That certainly is good news but it was first announced 1 August 2018, or am I missing something?

4.6GHz OC, Windows 10 home, 16GB RAM, 780 Ti SC 3GB
    Thrust master HOTAS Warthog, Virtual-Fly TQ3, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, 40 inch 4K Philips screen, CV1, P3DV4, Aerofly FS 2 for pc and iPad.

• That certainly is good news but it was first announced 1 August 2018, or am I missing something?

The only thing you are missing is for JV to follow-up and make it happen. 8o We are all waiting.

Ray

• Haha, yes your correct as he did say 3-4 months for Alderney to be released for FSX/P3D, and and then ported to AFS2 and XP11 😊

4.6GHz OC, Windows 10 home, 16GB RAM, 780 Ti SC 3GB
    Thrust master HOTAS Warthog, Virtual-Fly TQ3, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, 40 inch 4K Philips screen, CV1, P3DV4, Aerofly FS 2 for pc and iPad.

• From ORBX :

I know many people are waiting for TrueEarth GB for AFS2, so here are some very early alpha preview shots to let you know it's making progress and we hope to have GB South available in the first half of this year (but don't hold me to it, since it's a new team of developers)

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17…comment-1497772

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• From ORBX :

I know many people are waiting for TrueEarth GB for AFS2, so here are some very early alpha preview shots to let you know it's making progress and we hope to have GB South available in the first half of this year (but don't hold me to it, since it's a new team of developers)

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17…comment-1497772

Not to diminish anything that's come before, but this will be a milestone release for AFS2 and, I'm certain, a clear demonstration of the power of the AFS2 engine against the competition. As someone commented on the OrbX forum, it'll be the first time most people have been able to fly over central London at anything more than a slideshow framerate!

The 3rd party support for AFS2 seems to be increasing by the week, and the ingenuity and determination shown by just a small group of "enthusiastic meddlers" to allow us average folks to create our own detailed scenery and even add "life" to the world means this sim is going from strength to strength. We all know there are some big ticket items still being worked on, but already this really feels like a golden age of flight simming to me.

Better 'phone the bank and prepare them for some action on my credit card, I think!