Steam update has caused floating objects

• ...Unfortunately have not been able reduce the bmp using screenshot. "file too big" Still working on it....

irfanview.com is a real freeware 64bit program. When you save images, you can easily set the max file size as an option.

• Thanks to all who have given me some help. Will try to use all of your comments and do a better job on pics. I agree they looked horrible. Learning a lot from "you all" as we say down south and pushing 80 years. Oh, yes the glider was floating.

Regards,

Carl

Laptop I7-7700HQ - 2.8/3.6hz, Nvida GeForce GTX 1050 4g, 16gb mem, ssd256 GB +ssd 2.0TB, Win10

• ctiger: I do not understand that you dare to keep people here busy with a problem that obviously occurs due to your old equipment and nobody else reports. It seems that Aerofly FS2 runs very well on your laptop but you try constantly to have it running on almost ten years old stuff.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Well I really do hate to have some folks try to help. But this old computer has been running Aerofly for well over a year with no problems. Frame rates have been great and I have purchased almost every software from steam and Orbx and had no problems. The 24" monitor add more realizism than the 15". I only used the 15" laptop sparingly. And yes I do feel guilty in continually asking for help for so long. I have truly appreciated their help.

Regards,

Carl

Laptop I7-7700HQ - 2.8/3.6hz, Nvida GeForce GTX 1050 4g, 16gb mem, ssd256 GB +ssd 2.0TB, Win10

Edited 2 times, last by ctiger (October 24, 2020 at 2:27 PM).

• This is my final note on this problem. Thomas made some good sense that having so many trying to help me with this issue. I fully agree as I look back on all the questions and assistance from many in trying to help me out of this problem that I could not fix. I too have spent many days/hours in trying to figure out what in world caused this. This is by far the best flight simulator out there especially for some of those that may still have an older computers like me. Rather than using any more of your time on this problem, I decided to call it quits. Will uninstall and just start using my 15" laptop. Just too much pressure on an old man reaching 80.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Sincerely

carl

Regards,

Carl

• Carl, now I feel kind of guilty.

I guess you never tried what admin recommended: change to Vulkan renderer instead of OpenGL. This is a setting in Aerofly FS2.

However my recommendation is to use your well equiped laptop and connect it to the 24" screen.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• @ctiger: It really looks like a 3D driver issue here. Especially since your 3D graphic card is old, Window update has probably overriden your previously installed driver. If you could try the suggestions in my above posting, you would help us as well to identify the issue. Let me repeat the recommendations here again:

But it looks like we have a 3D driver problem here with our shaders. As a test, could you please activate the 'Vulkan' renderer in the graphic settings and see if that improves anything on your side? Also we recommend to install the latest 3D driver from AMD for your AMD Radeon HD 6770. It might be that a Windows update has overriden the custom AMD 3D driver. The HD 6770 is a very old card and it's no longer receiving driver updates, the latest we saw is from 2016.

• Ok I am back,,,

Just to give a little more information, while I still have Aero installed. Checked the latest driver which is 7/6/15. It is stated best driver for device. I have been using this driver as you can tell for some time with no problems including Aerofly, FS9, and FSX Steam.

I have used “Vulkan” on several occasions in the past with no problems. Now Vulkan shows no change in problem.

Downloaded irfanview as suggested by Rodeo. Unfortunately I never could find the area to set file size to get the images at lower KB. I am sure it is there somewhere. Will keep checking for it.

Also noticed when you go to “location” for airport and zoom in all of the airport area is shown but lacks clarity or washed out. (planes still float above airports on take off. ) When you start at any aiirport it looks like they aren't even installed. "you might could get that impression on the pic I tried to show.

As you mentioned it could be a windows update override. But again this started with the latest Steam update. Everything was fine prior to that update. I checked windows update but none occurred when this problem started.

Recap: back Sept. 30 is when I noticed the problem with Beta was installed. “ AOB” suggested to uninstall “B” beta. It worked everything started working again. When Steam installed the lastest update is when the problem reoccurred. I wanted to uninstall but could not. And there is where we are today. This is not a problem with my laptop.

I am sorry I could not provide any more explanations what is happening on this PC. I do appreciate your help but you have already spent enough time and effort. At least it is only one person that has this problem.

(As maybe one last resort I may try an update that was not recommend)

Regards,

Carl

• Ok I am back,,,

Downloaded irfanview as suggested by Rodeo. Unfortunately I never could find the area to set file size to get the images at lower KB. I am sure it is there somewhere. Will keep checking for it.

Hi Carl,

in Irfanview do this after having an image loaded:

File - Save (Original Folder)

Set File type to JPG, then it offers you the options menu.

Greeting from another Karl

Rodeo

• IPACS et all I finally can say it is fixed thanks for your continued help. Jan and the rest that help "it was the DRIVER". My AMD catalyst control continued to state there is no updates. The driver in 2016 worked and it appears that was the problem 3d driver issue. Many thanks and yes Thomas you are correct on this old computer. I will try to talk my wife of 50 years to let me consider buying a new computer,

Carl

Regards,

Carl