Global offline?

• Ok thanks for letting me know cheers

Oh and is this streaming service free or is it a paid thing?

Oh and can i still use current DLC that i already have offline?

If you disable streaming then you can use DLCs that you have and you can continue to fly offline just like before.

Streaming is currently free, we are evaluating how much data is used and how much that is going to cost us.

• If you disable streaming then you can use DLCs that you have and you can continue to fly offline just like before.

Streaming is currently free, we are evaluating how much data is used and how much that is going to cost us.

When this content is paid for, will it require a monthly subscription or a one-time purchase?

Thousands of lights such as day, such as a dream, the end of the world at this time. :)

• Streaming is currently free, we are evaluating how much data is used and how much that is going to cost us.

Introduction: I don’t have problems with a subscription.

This should explain why the network button is only available via a Steam launch of Aerofly. The eventually subscription would be managed by Steam, wouldn’t it?

Thanks.

By the way, I like how things are taken care of: global via internet or local DLCs.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Ter um cenário global offline não é realmente uma opção, pois o total de dados excede 1 TB. Poderíamos oferecer apenas os aeroportos e algumas imagens aéreas básicas, mas você estará basicamente voando em um espaço bastante vazio.

Por enquanto é necessária uma ligação à Internet, mas posteriormente isto poderá mudar para que os dados já descarregados possam ser utilizados para voos offline. Mas isso só aconteceria em áreas que você já visitou.

Airports could also be transmitted via streaming, that is, they would be stored on an IPACS server and would only be downloaded if the user requested them. This could be implemented in the mobile version. In X-Plane mobile, for example, the number of airports is gigantic (around 36 thousand worldwide) and to overcome this immense volume of data, the developers stored everything on a server. All of these more than 36,000 airports are shown on the global map but are not downloaded unless the user requests them for a flight. Below is a screenshot from X-Plane mobile showing a specific region of the United States with several airports that are still stored on the server and have not yet been downloaded by the user.

• I was offline for one day -- and already there are big changes. :D For me the update went within a few seconds. :thumbup: :)

I have just noticed with me with the MacBookPro that FS 4beta WITHOUT STEAM always works exactly as I left this WITH STEAM:

• So if I leave FS 4beta WITH STEAM in network online mode, then FS 4beta WITHOUT STEAM is also in network online mode -- only the Networking button is missing.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• What I find unfortunate is that when you first click on NETWORKING you only see "I agree" / "Decline" and when "I agree" is selected, then when you click on "Networking" again you see "Date streaming" with "off" / "on".

I think it is better to see this on one screen at once.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Having a global scenery offline is really no option as the total data exceeds 1 TB. We could offer just the airports and some basic aerial images but you are then basically flying in a fairly empty space.

My bandwidth allowance is 430GB / month., but I have plenty of SSD storage. ;)

https://i.postimg.cc/XX6SzM2J/Flying-Machine-20230924.png

Many thanks to the team for this great update.

Mike