Aerofly FS Global Storage So Far?

• I don’t think it will surpass AF2023 size as this would be an obvious massive issue. But we’ll see for IOS.

Why? It depends whether or not there’s a cache limiter. Look at Infinite Flight cache 30 GB is widely possible.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (December 7, 2023 at 6:47 PM).

• Why? It depends whether or not there’s a cache limiter. Look at Infinite Flight cache 30 GB is widely possible.

How does the cache limiter work? When you reach the 30gb limit,does it mean that it stops storing new files,and everytime you revisit a certain new location that wasn't among the cached files, it takes the same amount of mobile data like it did the first time you visited the location?

• Hi,

So there’s nothing like a button in the game saying “delete caches”? I thought people saying the app won’t clear caches means it won’t delete automatically, but in this post it sounds like we need to use file explorer to delete them manually?

Hi! I’m Vit, a student in CAUC learning air traffic management, wishing to become a real controller. <3<3<3aviation photography<3<3<3 Thanks for visiting here!:*

• Hi,

So there’s nothing like a button in the game saying “delete caches”? I thought people saying the app won’t clear caches means it won’t delete automatically, but in this post it sounds like we need to use file explorer to delete them manually?

Deleting them manually through file explorer is almost impossible. There are thousands of file with random names

• I believe in Android every app can have its cache cleared via System > Apps, if they have their cache registered properly with the OS. Also normally in most apps you do not have to care about the size of the cache, as the app or OS should be able to determine if there is enough room left and if your cache went stale.

Some weeks ago my wife got a notification from Android that her phone was nearly out of storage and offered tons of options to clear some space. So do not fear that your phone will not notice clogging up.

• For those that have played Aerofly FS Global already, and have streaming, what's your app's storage at right now?

I'm curious how it compares to FS 2023's 27GB of storage.

As you progress through the Aerofly maps, scenarios are transmitted and downloaded from a server and stored in the device's internal memory. That's why your device's memory footprint has increased. This also happens to me and any user.

• We can say that the exact value of internal memory occupation during streaming execution is indeterminate (unless all 7 thousand airports are explored, then the memory occupation would be an exact value) as it depends on the size of the area explored by the user. For example, on a flight from A to B there is obviously a path to be taken and a scenario covering that path. And it is exactly this scenario on the route between A and B that is downloaded from the server and stored in internal memory. This type of streaming already exists in some mobile simulators, such as X-Plane and Infinite Flight. The X-Plane mobile, for example, has more than 35 thousand airports and they are downloaded only when requested or when they are present on a route from A to B. These more than 35 thousand airports are stored on a server. It is a simulator that also works only as long as there is an Internet connection. Despite this, there is an option in X-Plane mobile that allows the user to download the entire scenario in which they will fly, thus enabling flights to be carried out offline. This is an option that could exist in Aerofly FS Global to allow users to fly without the need for an Internet connection as the scenarios have been previously downloaded.