Aerofly FS 4 loading times

• Hi all,

have the Aerofly FS2 running beside the other major sims and it has 2 big advantages:

- lowest impact on pc resources of all sims

- by far the fastest loading times to the ground on the airport

Is this also true for Aerofly FS4?

Cheers

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• I confirm the fast loading of Aerofly FS 4 and a flight session. Until from, if Global is ON with a slow internet, the loading takes years (starting Aerofly and lauching a session + each skip time).

Generally the Aerofly uses 6 GB of 16 GB RAM of the Mac (ULTRA/INSANE settings). It remains cold, especially in winter (almost no fan). So the ressources are well optimized even though I would love a full usage to load buildings endlessly far away (they appear suddendly when approaching <X). For example, X-Plane 12 takes 12 GB RAM and brings the Mac rapidly hot.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Until from, if Global is ON

So thank you all, but what does that mean? Is there an option to let FS4 download on the fly to optimize the scenery?

At Steam it's described that there is a 100 GB download for the sim and 80 GB each for hd scenery in US and EU.

If I do so will I have the entire sim on my pc or must I download more stuff on the fly?

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

• In French (with the real sizes because Steam says bulls##ts):

VolumeContenu

59,99 €
    68,72 Go
    Aerofly FS 4
    Californie, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Washington State, Oregon, Floride, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina.
    A320-200, B737-500, B777-300ER, King Air C90Gtx, Learjet 45, Bombardier Dash8-Q400, Eurocopter EC135 helicopter, Robinson R22 helicopter, Cessna 172, Baron 58, F-15E, MB339, Bücker Jungmeister, P38 Lightning, F4U Corsair, Sopwith Camel, Pitts S-2B, ASG-29 glider, Swift S1 glider.
    Gratuit
    66,27 Go
    USA Aerial Images
    Ajout et affinage de certaines photos aériennes en haute résolution pour la région des États-Unis.
    Gratuit
    52,79 Go
    Europe #1
    25 pays, Europe #1 & #2 indissociables.
    Gratuit
    40,51 Go
    Europe #2
    25 pays, Europe #1 & #2 indissociables.
    GratuitGlobal Streaming (basse qualité)
    39,99 €
    665,5 Mo
    Aircrafts Add-On
    Airbus A380, Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner, Boeing 747-400, Bombardier CRJ-900ER, Extra 330LX, F/A-18C Hornet, Junkers Ju-52/3m, Messerschmitt Bf 109, Sikorsky UH-60, Concorde.
    Gratuit
    1,3 Go
    Steam
    Application magasin de jeux, distribution, de mise à jour et de gestion des DLCs.

• I only fly streaming OFF a part of USA / Europe (the edges of Europe are low quality, even no trees, no buildings)

• I only fly streaming OFF a part of USA / Europe (the edges of Europe are low quality, even no trees, no buildings)

So if I understand it than it's possible to fly using the streaming service, scenery in a lower quality.

But as soon as I've downloaded all the stuff to my drives I don't need the streaming service. Right?

What does it mean the "edges of Europe"? The coastline of France is that an edge?

• @andiflyit: Loading times for Aerofly FS 4 and pretty much the same as for Aerofly FS 2. Streaming of scenery data is completely optional and does not affect the performance. The offline content for Aerofly FS 4 includes all the required high resolution aerial images, airports in Europe and USA and is not of lower quality compared to streaming. The streaming content just adds many more airports world wide which is a work in progress status, meaning, they will be improved over time.

• What does it mean the "edges of Europe"? The coastline of France is that an edge?

Dans certains coins reculés d’Europe des DLCs sont basse définition, parfois sans bâtiment ni arbre. La France ça va. La Suisse et les États-Unis c’est très détaillé. Je parle bien des DLCs et pas du streaming.
    Le streaming complète les manques (dans les coins reculés par exemple), mais ajoute aussi les aéroports auto générés, ils sont ce qu’ils sont, il faudrait pouvoir masquer les auto générés pour que le streaming soit parfait.
    Certains aéroports comme Chicago ont été abandonnés dans les DLCs mais sont à jour en streaming. Le streaming corrige les DLCs dans ce cas.
    La priorité est donné au meilleur des 2 : DLC ou Streaming.
    À mon avis, les DLC ne seront plus mis à jour, ni de nouveaux créés. Sinon, c’est travail double : dans le streaming et dans le DLC !
    J’espère que vous êtes bien français !!

• Thank you all again!

J’espère que vous êtes bien français !!

I am german but I've translated what you say. So it's best to download all DLC and this will be improved

on the long run based on streaming. Currently streaming may result in better results or not, depends.

Hope I've understood it. If this should work than the streaming must remain free, otherwise the DLC must be updated

from time to time.