Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition not working on FS 4

• Hi :·)

I recently bought the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition, and I'm using it on Aerofly FS 4. Now the joystick works just fine. The thing is that there are a handful of problems with the calibration of the quadrant, more precisely, the thrust levers and the flaps and airbrakes levers as well.

The thrust levers are totally inverted, which I don't know how to solve. Now to give it "full" throttle (which is the bottom of the levers), it asks me to take the reverse-thrust part of the levers. I'd like that 0% throttle was the IDLE detent and the 100% was the TO/GA detent. Still, it's inverted and it's a complete mess.

The other problem is that the the flaps and airbrakes levers are acting weird: they ain't inverted, but when I push them down a little bit, the airbrakes/flaps go down completely.

Please help

"Don't worry for what it could have been... but enjoy what it's gonna be"

- Commander Starman

• Hi :·)

I recently bought the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition, and I'm using it on Aerofly FS 4. Now the joystick works just fine. The thing is that there are a handful of problems with the calibration of the quadrant, more precisely, the thrust levers and the flaps and airbrakes levers as well.

The thrust levers are totally inverted, which I don't know how to solve. Now to give it "full" throttle (which is the bottom of the levers), it asks me to take the reverse-thrust part of the levers. I'd like that 0% throttle was the IDLE detent and the 100% was the TO/GA detent. Still, it's inverted and it's a complete mess.

The other problem is that the the flaps and airbrakes levers are acting weird: they ain't inverted, but when I push them down a little bit, the airbrakes/flaps go down completely.

Please help

There's really isn't any calibration, its plug n" play. There are 2 icons on the upper right of the controller screen when you select each controller to interface with FS4. They both look like controllers with circles round them, One says "delete all assignments for this controller" and the other icon says "set controller to default assignments". First clear all assignments once you've plugged it into your PC, then set to default and adjust accordingly....OR.....you can just clear all assignments and set your control features up manually to your own preferences in the interface screens (ie: airplane, helicopter, general settings). You don't really need to install the drivers for the throttle quadrant. I didn't, I just plugged er in, and away I went.

• The default experience should be plug and play in Aerofly FS. If you manually perform the assignments for some reason (you shouldn't need to because it's assigned out of the box) then you need to keep a few things in mind.

To calibrate the device in Aerofly go to the controls menu, then select input devices at the bottom. In the list of devices select the input device. Then in the top right corner press the button with the cross hairs.

When asked to move the full range do that with the full throttle motion but excluding the reverse, if I remember correctly. Also move the flaps and airbrakes in this step.

Next when you are asked to set everything to neutral move the flaps, airbrakes and throttle to 50%. The 50% throttle is a little bit below the climb detent on the device.

After the calibration move on to the assignments. To assign an axis correctly click on it to highlight the axis box in the menu. Them move the axis towards that highlighted value. If you clicked on the far left of the menu area then you probably have to move the throttle to idle. If you clicked on the center or on the right the full throttle should be used. If the assignment is flipped after the assignment then you can just repeat the process but make sure to do it in the correct direction this time. It helps to set the axis to 50% before the assignment.

For this device you can optionally assign the throttle for engine 1 and 2. Go to the multi engine menu and assign the throttle as needed.

Again, per default all of these steps should not be necessary if you plug in the device for the first time and use it in Aerofly FS. If you already calibrated the device in Windows or if you used another sim with this device that changed the default calibration then it may no longer work out of the box and you may need to calibrate it again. Then the default assignments should still work correctly though. Only when you also press the button to remove all assignments will you have to assign all assignments from scratch.

Regards,

Jan

• When asked to move the full range do that with the full throttle motion but excluding the reverse, if I remember correctly. Also move the flaps and airbrakes in this step.

Yes, excluding reverse. And the max must not be the last position, but between the last 2 positions (between TOGA and FKEX). Which is somewhat adding 10% (CLIMB at 50% becomes 55%, etc.)

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Mon fracais ce pas bein, pas comprende tout. Moi je parle fronglish tres bein. lol

No problem with the language.
    On this first page, (See image) you click to the right of your mouse, and under this window you should have translated into...

Best wishes for 2024!

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4