Limited waypoints you can put in the MCDU

• So while im setting up a fight plan for my flight from the mcdu and the flight plan i’m intend to put have quite alot of waypoints, after putting a few waypoints in i keep getting the format error for my next waypoint, so i decided to go to navigation myself and surprisingly it worked flawlessly. This got me thinking whether the developers are limiting number of waypoints you can put into thE MCDU.

HERE’S EXAMPLE, i put waypoint GAREK into the CDU and it said formant error, so i have to go to menu and then go to navigation to add GAREK myself which somewhat a hassle for me.

Regards,

• Some waypoints here and here can’t be found even though they exist in the Navigation menu. And it is not necessary the farthest ones.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• So while im setting up a fight plan for my flight from the mcdu and the flight plan i’m intend to put have quite alot of waypoints, after putting a few waypoints in i keep getting the format error for my next waypoint, so i decided to go to navigation myself and surprisingly it worked flawlessly. This got me thinking whether the developers are limiting number of waypoints you can put into thE MCDU.

HERE’S EXAMPLE, i put waypoint GAREK into the CDU and it said formant error, so i have to go to menu and then go to navigation to add GAREK myself which somewhat a hassle for me.

Regards,

This problem also occurs to me. From what I could understand, the planes' FMC/FMGS only carry the waypoint blocks closest to the airport of origin. After a certain point, it is no longer possible to insert any other waypoints that are distant. This is a flaw in the FMC/FMGS of planes that do not have all of these reference points in the database. This bug should have already been fixed as it has existed since 2020, that is, for more than four years.

• Only waypoints that are close to the map location are currently loaded. So if you are flying only a small region around the aircraft is actually loaded and the waypoints inside that region can be inserted into the MCDU or CDU. If you see the waypoint on the navigation display you should be able to insert it as well.

Regards,

Jan

• Only waypoints that are close to the map location are currently loaded. So if you are flying only a small region around the aircraft is actually loaded and the waypoints inside that region can be inserted into the MCDU or CDU. If you see the waypoint on the navigation display you should be able to insert it as well.

Will this flaw be fixed? Four years is enough time to fix this don't you think? It is very bad to have to go back to the navigation menu to insert waypoints that are not loaded in the FMC.

Regards,

The AIRAC is outdated so some may not exist. If I may ask, where were you flying?

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Regards,

Outdated Airac also contributes to this bug. It has happened several times that I have made a flight plan in SkyVector or Simbrief and the waypoints do not correspond to those that exist in the simulator.

• The AIRAC is outdated so some may not exist. If I may ask, where were you flying?

in this case, you can prepare your flight plan with aerofly and it’s now waypoints. Delete it. Some will not be found in the MCDU.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC