Why is there no Navigraph support yet?

• The FMC database does not match what is in the navigation menu. Several waypoints are missing. I try to insert a certain waypoint and it always gives an error in the FMC. I simply cannot load a complete route directly into FMC without an error appearing. This occurs since Aerofly 2022.

At the moment only waypoints in the nearby loaded tiles can be inserted in the FMC. This is a limitation of the route and unfortunately I do not have access to the code to fix it, we'll have to wait for the route developer to fix this.

If you see the waypoint on the navigation display you should be able to insert it as well.

• At the moment only waypoints in the nearby loaded tiles can be inserted in the FMC. This is a limitation of the route and unfortunately I do not have access to the code to fix it, we'll have to wait for the route developer to fix this.

If you see the waypoint on the navigation display you should be able to insert it as well.

When this failure occurs I can only insert the waypoint in the navigation menu. I hope you can fix this bug as soon as possible. Thank you for your clarification.

• At the moment only waypoints in the nearby loaded tiles can be inserted in the FMC. This is a limitation of the route and unfortunately I do not have access to the code to fix it, we'll have to wait for the route developer to fix this.

I have two suggestions for a solution to this problem: one is to integrate all global map waypoints into the FMC or bring Navigraph support to the simulator. Speaking of Navigraph, are there any plans by the team to bring it to Aerofly? In this case, users would be responsible for paying the subscription for this support for the airac update, which is largely outdated. Several procedures are at odds with air navigation charts.

• Loading all waypoints and data at once would already be more than most iOS devices can handle. That's why only some tiles are loaded and not the whole world. But of course we can perhaps add some database lookup request which doesn't need to load all data at the same time.

My cell phone is Android. Citing another simulator as an example, X-Plane mobile has a Boeing 737 that carries all the waypoints and airways around the world in the FMC, whether short or long routes. Not only on this 737, but all aircraft have FMC/GPS that carry any waypoint in the world's airspace. In addition, Navigraph support is present, making it possible to update airac and the FMC and aircraft GPS database. And this Navigraph support has little impact on the memory footprint of devices, whether iOS or Android.

• My cell phone is Android. Citing another simulator as an example, X-Plane mobile has a Boeing 737 that carries all the waypoints and airways around the world in the FMC, whether short or long routes. Not only on this 737, but all aircraft have FMC/GPS that carry any waypoint in the world's airspace. In addition, Navigraph support is present, making it possible to update airac and the FMC and aircraft GPS database. And this Navigraph support has little impact on the memory footprint of devices, whether iOS or Android.

The two games use completely different game engines, and can you really not see the modeling quality of xplane? ? ? Are the two comparable? If aerofly had used the same rendering engine as xplane, the lighting problem would have been solved more than 4 years ago

• The two games use completely different game engines, and can you really not see the modeling quality of xplane? ? ? Are the two comparable? If aerofly had used the same rendering engine as xplane, the lighting problem would have been solved more than 4 years ago

Firstly, X-Plane mobile and Aerofly are flight simulators and not games. Secondly, I'm talking about Navigraph support (airac update) and not the graphical quality of the two simulators. You will learn to interpret a text by your son from Austin Bug.

• Unfortunately a new navigation database is too expensive currently. The database we currently use was at an acceptable price back then. Nowadays the prices are too high for a completely new database but we will keep looking for an affordable option. Keep in mind we need to be able to redistribute this database, modify it and it needs to run offline without any additional user account from a third party software.

• Unfortunately a new navigation database is too expensive currently. The database we currently use was at an acceptable price back then. Nowadays the prices are too high for a completely new database but we will keep looking for an affordable option. Keep in mind we need to be able to redistribute this database, modify it and it needs to run offline without any additional user account from a third party software.

What about Navigraph support? This would be the best way to solve this outdated airac problem. Those who would pay for the monthly or annual subscription to update airac would be the users themselves. Or would IPACS have to pay Navigraph just to bring it to Aerofly? How does this issue work?

• In the past, when simulating on X-Plane mobile, I used Navigraph support a lot to update airac. In the case of X-Plane mobile, this support was paid for by the users themselves. As far as I know, the developers of X-Plane mobile did not pay for the airac update with Navigraph. The monthly cost of the Navigraph subscription is not very high these days.

• The most recommended option would be to add Navigraph support for updating the simulator's airac, which is quite outdated. Outdated Airac is horrible because it is not possible to create a flight plan either through Simbrief or SkyVector because the navigation data generated by these sites does not correspond to that in the simulator.

• Navigraph

Finally, I have to admit that it is the price to pay for a neat database.

But, there's a big hole of airways in France in Navigraph. So it finds stupid and not real routes!

• Dear IPACS team,

The implementation of Navigraph would be a great thing.

Ok, one year subscription of this enhancement is more expensive than Aerofly itself, but for those who accept to pay...

Navigraph is a pure wonder that deserves Aerofly.

Just a simple idea with a lot of work behind.

Thank

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Without a real implementation of Navigraph, the Microsoft export file (from Navigraph) contains all the necessary to create a flight plan.

• Origin airport,
    • Departure runway,
    • SID name and its waypoints and theirs coordinates,
    • Airways name and its waypoints and theirs coordinates,
    • STAR name and its waypoints and theirs coordinates,
    • APPR type and its waypoints and theirs coordinates,
    • Arrival runway,
    • Destination Airport.

Importing such a flight plan (in a kind of override mode) could just (for one flight plan) show waypoint names (pinned with coordanates) even though they are not known in the database or the airways are not known. The aircraft could behave the appropriate way at ILS or RNAV or other approaches. The constraints would be ignored in that case, but the descent mode of the A320 will compensate.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (February 5, 2024 at 9:17 AM).