• So this is my first time flying aerofly on my iPad air 2 how do I know if I have the best view like the way it looks in the air and on ground. Something that I would like to see I would like to see rain and clouds also would like to have some storms and possibly have some button so we can turn on the light ourselves and possibly turn on the engines.? I love this :D

• I don't quite understand the question on the best view. I do agree about clouds though, it is something that would really add to the Sim and I hope to see this make an appearance, even if it is only on higher spec devices like the Air 2.
    I've never quite understood the desire to turn off engines and the like in a mobile sim but I guess that is just me. Similar with full weather effects - clouds would be great and anything else would be a bonus imho.

• I don't want to promote other titles but I see this one as a game other than a competing Sim - F18 Carrier Landing from Rortos does clouds really well - cloud layers as well as individual clouds you can fly through and it works great on the iPad mini too. Would love to see a similar approach in Aerofly 2 since it appears to be the most wished for new feature.

• Hi Donka,

Could you please share a link to a video with us? I found one video of that simulator, v3.0, but I don't know if that is the correct sim you talk about. In the video I found however the clouds are not vollumetric clouds like those in the current aerofly and those required for the next version. They are a 2D photosphere (or cube-map) texure that does not change and always looks identically. Because it is a photo it does look photo realisitc. But you will never be able to fly in between these clouds ever.

Cheers,
    Jan

• I don't want to promote other titles but I see this one as a game other than a competing Sim - F18 Carrier Landing from Rortos does clouds really well - cloud layers as well as individual clouds you can fly through and it works great on the iPad mini too. Would love to see a similar approach in Aerofly 2 since it appears to be the most wished for new feature.

I've played that game (quite challenging and enjoyable btw), but I didn't like its clouds system, based on simplistic flat layers of blurred textures. I don't know how cloud looks like on Aerofly FS, because I don't have it, but I'm quite sure that actual devices would be able to render clouds ala 2001's IL2 Sturmovik, where you can get the feeling of volumetric clouds surrounding you and casting shadows over the scenery. Some like this is what Aerofly 2 deserves!

• Just a quick play and all I say is... no, thanks. With the cloud slider all the way up, this is what you get:

The volumetric clouds are simple "billboards" aiming to your point of view and never surround you in a realistic way.

It's a cheap solution, though clearly sub-par.

But that's just my opinion...

• I don't like the f-18 app as it does not have rudder control. All of the phanovatives games (soaring 3d, gunship etc) have cumulus clouds that you can fly right up to but no cirrus or stratus clouds that would give real depth to the aerofly Sky. My guess is that implementing clouds is not that difficult but implementing clouds that react to the changing lighting conditions and time of day in AF2 would be a real challenge and would use a lot of memory and processor power to render.

• The aerofly FS (1) Desktop version does have clouds. They are a major performance hit when the density is selected high even on a decent machine like mine is.

I figure they took the clouds out of the iPhone and iPad aerofly FS versions to increase the performance. Those devices have very limited power compared to a desktop computer.

Regards,
    Jan

• Clouds are on our list of new features, but they are by far the most difficult thing to get right with respect to performance and to the visual appearance.

Thats why we can't say much here besides that you will not see clouds on slower iOS devices.

Looking forward to them when they arrive. Even if it is only A8 devices or the Air 2 with 2GB RAM. It will be a worthwhile addition and perhaps an incentive to those with slower devices to upgrade. Aerofly 2 is one of the reasons I picked up an Air 2.

• Looking forward to them when they arrive. Even if it is only A8 devices or the Air 2 with 2GB RAM. It will be a worthwhile addition and perhaps an incentive to those with slower devices to upgrade. Aerofly 2 is one of the reasons I picked up an Air 2.

Yep, same here! Aerofly 2 is THE reason I picked up an Air 2 :cool: