• Hi !

I'm new to this forum,

I am a real life aerobatic pilot, and actually train for competitions in 2017 to qualify for the single seat category in France... maybe :))

From the first time I tried the simulator, I was completely amazed by the flight physics!! To me, aerofly FS is THE ultimate aerobatic simulator! And it defenetely is an opportunity to realistically train for competitions! As a student, I don't have a lot of money, I spend every single euro I have in aerobatics, and being able to train in such realistic conditions is an unexpected opportunity to improve my skills and ... save money!

So I wanted to know if some other aerobatic planes will be developed in the future? Like the CAP series, the extra 330 sc, the sbachs, the mxs, the sukhois... Or even vintage aerobatic planes, like the yaks, super decathlon or the cap 10 (which I currently fly :)) ) There are so much possibilities which such a great flight model!

Thank you in advance for your reply!

tangojulietpower

• tangojulietpower,
    Glad you joined us - we need a lot of real life pilots to help tune the handling of these aircraft - it sounds like you think the Extra and the Pitts are pretty good. Personally I had to tune the controller gains - especially in pitch down somewhat - it was very twitchy but that is dependent on our own controller (I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS 4) and personal taste. Your comments will help the developers a lot. It would be great to negotiate with them just what ONE aircraft might be the best choice for them to model next.
    If you can - you didn't say - you must try a Oculus Rift or HTC Vive with FS2. Except for the G's, you will feel like you are right there.

Please let us know about your PC and controller - maybe we can help tune your experience. The greatest part for me of FS2 is the absolute smoothness due to the very high framerate of FS2. Only War Thunder and FS2 can consistently get over 90fps which is required by the VR headset. ATW or ASW frame interpolation schemes just don't do it with high dynamic devices like aerobatic aircraft.

Welcome

Dave

• thank you for answering!
    I actualy use a cheap entry level thrustmaster joystick, but I'm very satisfied! I have not tried the oculus rift right now, probably in the future, but I think that just panning the view with the joystick's hat swicht is realistic enough.

If I had to make a personnal choice, the next aerobatic plane to develop would be the CAP 231, because this is probably the airplane I would be flying next year :D :rolleyes:
    But if I think according to the general interest, the Extra 330 SC would be the best choice, since it is one of the most powerful and interesting aerobatic aircraft on the market... And it would be easier and quicker to model since it is a single seat extra 330 LX and has very similar flight characteristics.

If I can be of any help or use for the developers, with regard to flightmodel or any future feature related to aerobatics, I would do it with great pleasure!! Just Let me know ! :)

• 100% !
    Hi long name which my iPad will not copy!, TangoJuliet etc. I've a bit of unusual attitudes in a chipmunk, citabria and an aerobat and I also had an instant impression from back with iOS FS of how normal and natural Aerofly is. It is hilarious reading the moronic output of infiniteflight fans who gate-crash the FB fan group and complain about how unrealistic Aero is. I think their average age is in the sub teens but they are loud and unfortunately poison the fan group but more seriously they also deliberately distort the app shop reviews.
    It is good fun going nuts in Aero, the PC version allows flying the Corsair and F-18 with folded wings, no idea if it is realistic! Anyway Aero is my favorite.

• I have not tried the oculus rift right now, probably in the future, but I think that just panning the view with the joystick's hat swicht is realistic enough.

Your comment shows me you have absolutely no clue what VR is. Try it! You will be blown away! :D

• Hi!
    I have actually tried oculus rift once, not with a flightsim game, but I can pretty much imagine how immersive it can be in a virtual cockpit... The thing is that oculus rift is equivalent to the price of a whole aerobatic training season... I have made the choice to focus on aerobatics for the moment ;):D

So... is there any aerobatic plane in the box? Or are the developpers going to focus on airliners or new features for the sim? :)

tjp