I can not fly on new york

• Please keep in mind that everyone is trying to help you resolve your problem, but it is VERY LIKELY that you are going to have to reinstall that DLC after confirming everything in the response from ipacs was checked.

Jeff

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Flying again over New York
    Investigating about the sequence that you had provided (that in my Steam is not possible to follow), fighting and fighting; in the end, I came to the two images that I put in the forum. Well, thanks to those manipulations and several clicks, in several points, in the end, I found that appeared New York in the game.

Basically, this I got (and I do not know how), thanks to look for the routes that you, Dave, had described to me. In good part, yours is the merit.

I was convinced that the file was not deleted or corrupted, but it was a configuration problem, some involuntary click that I did without knowing where, and the same thing happened, in the repair of this problem.

This problem has caused me a certain discomfort, not because of the problem itself, but because it has appeared and disappeared without knowing the cause, and that, was very important for me, and also for the colleagues who tried to help me in the solution. Sometimes in life, these strange things happen, and this was one of them.

To you, Dave, Jeff, "overloaded", and all who collaborated, thank you for your intense and continued effort in solving this problem.

My previous problem (the first one I had completely at the beginning), were disturbances on the images of the airplanes. You, "overloaded", had suggested to me, the problem was the "graphics card driver". You were right, that was the problem. Updated this, problem solved.

Again, thank you very much for your help.
    Delfin

• Thank you again Jeff, for that magnificent wish of yours to me.
    The same I say "overloaded" and, ... you will have to give me a little more time to discover the interesting places of that city.
    One of the aspects that amaze me, are the enormous dimensions of Central Park. Such a large area dedicated to park, in the place, where each square meter of surface must cost a fortune, is something admirable in the managers of that city, and that maintain that attitude, year after year, and decade after decade, is something which impresses me extraordinarily.
    Of course, I have already communicated to the AeroflyFS-2 Support team, that I can already fly over that big city.

I wanted to ask another favor, this is: I want to communicate to the designers of the FS-2 game, to make some elementary modifications in the current simulator, in order to make it more comfortable to fly and navigate, for us users who have bought that game in "early access". Can you give me the address (or e.mail) of the designers of Aerofly FS2, to send then these suggestions ?. I suppose it will be better, than posting them only in the forum. Although I also have to publish these suggestions in this forum.
    I await your advice. Sincerely.
    Delfin

• During Early Access it's best if you post your suggestions on this forum or the Steam Aerofly FS 2 forum (there is a specific sub-forum on there for suggestions). As for making modifications, what are you aiming to do? I'm a moderator and work directly with the ipacs team, also Jan (Jet-Pack) works directly with the team as well. I would rather see the FS 2 community respond to what you wish to do prior to discussing it with the devs directly, anything well received goes directly to them for consideration.

Jeff

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I was not sure in which of the forums, it would be better to make these suggestions to the designers of Aerofly FS-2. I am very glad that you are a mediator and also, give me this advice (where I should publish preferentially).

I have also read, in "Stem Discussions" your answer and clarifications on the simulator, and I thank you.
    What I intend, you ask? I suppose it is quite clear in my publication: that as far as possible, those concepts listed in my publication are improved. Naturally, I am very aware of the amount of work that designers have in this development phase of the game, and I can not wait for them to improve immediately, but little by little, they can improve those concepts.

And of course one of the ones that I would like to improve, is the size of the numbers (parameters) of the "virtual cockpit" at the top, that can be activated by key "I" that provides us flight information.

Any user of Aerofly fs-2, can post to that specific sub-forum for suggestions?. Under what circumstances is it recommended? Can you send me the address, or web. of its sub-forum?

I have a curiosity: these past days, they appeared around the plane and also inside the cockpit, big numbers and green color (flight parameters, etc). They were by their status and size, a magnificent source of information for the pilot. Now they are gone. I ask you: what is the meaning of this short duration of these parameters in the game?
    Once again, thank you very much for your help and clarification.
    Delfin

• I was not sure in which of the forums, it would be better to make these suggestions to the designers of Aerofly FS-2. I am very glad that you are a mediator and also, give me this advice (where I should publish preferentially).

I have also read, in "Stem Discussions" your answer and clarifications on the simulator, and I thank you.
    What I intend, you ask? I suppose it is quite clear in my publication: that as far as possible, those concepts listed in my publication are improved. Naturally, I am very aware of the amount of work that designers have in this development phase of the game, and I can not wait for them to improve immediately, but little by little, they can improve those concepts.

And of course one of the ones that I would like to improve, is the size of the numbers (parameters) of the "virtual cockpit" at the top, that can be activated by key "I" that provides us flight information.

Any user of Aerofly fs-2, can post to that specific sub-forum for suggestions?. Under what circumstances is it recommended? Can you send me the address, or web. of its sub-forum?

I have a curiosity: these past days, they appeared around the plane and also inside the cockpit, big numbers and green color (flight parameters, etc). They were by their status and size, a magnificent source of information for the pilot. Now they are gone. I ask you: what is the meaning of this short duration of these parameters in the game?
    Once again, thank you very much for your help and clarification.
    Delfin

]
    The green, useful information sounds like the HUD view image. Look at the lower right corner of your flight screen and click on each of the icon near the 'Shell' or 'Fan' shaped icon. The icon immediately adjacent to the FAN is the HUD. Click on and off with this icon. While there explore all the other view icons.

Regards,

Ray

• I think the default key for the HUD is H. Use that key to toggle the HUD on or off. You probably hit it by accident. ;) You can change the key in the options menu and you can also change the size of it. (Of course you can also use the overlay that Ray described but maybe you have it turned off. I myself always turn off any overlay or icon or info bar or whatever because for me it spoils the immersion.) I assigned a key on my joystick to the HUD because I sometimes use the navigational display the HUD shows 'on your lap' in VR (when a plane doesn't have a GPS or some similar screen).

I btw wonder who many people know the HUD doesn't only show a primary flight display but also a navigational display!

• I think the default key for the HUD is H. Use that key to toggle the HUD on or off. You probably hit it by accident. ;) You can change the key in the options menu and you can also change the size of it. (Of course you can also use the overlay that Ray described but maybe you have it turned off. I myself always turn off any overlay or icon or info bar or whatever because for me it spoils the immersion.) I assigned a key on my joystick to the HUD because I sometimes use the navigational display the HUD shows 'on your lap' in VR (when a plane doesn't have a GPS or some similar screen).

I btw wonder who many people know the HUD doesn't only show a primary flight display but also a navigational display!

I agree. Most users know about the new feature but don't know that features' capabilities. This type of detail will be in the new Wiki (user manual).

@Delfin; I was merely just informing you of ways to "enlarge" those overlays that you mentioned were too small. Also, as J van E mentioned, that green overlay is in-fact the HUD overlay. This disappeared on you because it is toggled to a key that must have been turned off by accident. The HUD can also be bound to a controller button for ease of control over it.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks Ray, I had not discovered this icon, in fact, perhaps for the reason that I have been exposing repeatedly; These 3 icons in this lower corner of the screen, I had not seen them, and the fundamental reason is that, the lines that define it are so thin, that it is not easy to see it (and it is impossible, if previously not activated condition of overlay.) You will agree with me that when you activate this icon, a series of squares are displayed within which are those fundamental parameters to program the flight: (altitude, course, speed, etc.) Are almost invisible, unless you get too close to the screen.

Thanks also to you, "J van E"; You are right. The key to the overlap of green lines and numbers on the airplane (inside the cockpit or out of it) is the key "H". This activates and deactivates the digital HUD, but I had no idea, and accidentally activated it and, also involuntarily deactivated it.
    When I started flying in this game, that key was not activated. Subsequently appeared those numbers and green stripes, which indicated basic parameters, and I assumed it was an update in the game, but, as they disappeared, was the reason why I asked in the forum.

And the same I say to you, Jeff: thank you very much for all the doubts that you have clarified to me from the beginning. After reading your two communications yesterday, today, I was going to send these two images to indicate graphically what I was referring to. But I have already seen that you have already deduced by my description. I can also add that the overlap of the digital HUD, over the cockpit, or outside on the plane, I think is a great idea, because without effort, gives you a very perfect view of the situation of the plane at all times.

Regardless of all the above and described, I keep thinking this:

1º) .- They are very small P.F.D. Of the cockpit, and very, very small parameters that are there (almost invisible). Likewise, all the other instruments that are there.
    2º) .- All the numbers (parameters) of the "virtual cotpit" (top screen) are very small.
    3º) .- They are very small numbers displayed icon that I have discovered today, thanks to your indications. These suggestions I make, I hope the future will be modified and improved. Now to see the "digital HUD on the plane" again, it gives me a remarkable satisfaction in the flight.
    To all three for that effort, again, thank you very much.
    Delfin

• What kind of screen resolution do you have? The info bar at the top is not as small on my 1080p monitor.
    The PFD and other glass cockpits are getting larger if you increase the zoom. I think that is the z key per default. If you have been sitting in a real world cockpit you might have noticed how small those actually are. So zooming in is actually very realistic, though you loose a bit of the overview. But you can see the runway better and you can actually read the text :D

• My resolution is 1920 x 1080 and the info bar at the top (I assume you mean the virtual cockpit), is unchanged in size, and its numbers too small. Regarding P.F.D. , It zooms in ("Z" key), but by much zoom, it is almost impossible to read, and if we zoom in a lot, we lose most of the outside visibility.

What is the size of your monitor?

Another small problem to solve: the icon in the lower right corner of the screen, when deployed, appear small squares within which we have the parameters to program navigation: altitude, heading, speed, etc. Well, those numbers and the concept they represent are even harder to see, (both because of its size and its faint and diffuse color that is very little intense) than those of the virtual cockpit. And if everything else requires a modification, the latter require even more, because they are almost invisible, and it is necessary to really approach the screen to see it correctly, every time we want to schedule a flight.

As a final synthesis, I affirm the following: For the control of the airplane in flight, especially in the landings, I had some difficulty in how small the numbers were mentioned, but with the happy discovery of virtual HUD (large), I have that problem resolved. In my opinion, including in the game, that graphic and numerical concept, has been an absolutely brilliant idea. Congratulations to the designers !. Now I just want you to change the numbers related to the flight schedule (lower right corner of the screen).

Could you please leave in this forum this same image of your game ?. Make sure that the icons of the virtual cockpit are activated, and also, the bottom right corner to see the numbers of the flight schedule; (and do not activate virtual UHD). I want to see the image and compare it.

Tank you
    Delfin

• I suppose it should be possible to enlarge various overlays in the future but the cockpit itself can't of corse be changed: things are small there in real life and we all want a realistic simulation of the planes. I don't use any overlays at all so I don't mind if they become bigger. ;)

• Hi Delfin,

The physical size of the monitor has no effect on the text size. Mine are two 27'', with Aerofly on one screen, windowed mode.

To clear things up a bit:

First the optional elements that you see on the screen, that are all not available like that in the real world airplane, those can all be turned off for the full immersion.

• The overlay is what is in the bottom right corner (shortcuts to the individual views), and there is a setting for its transparency.
    • The flight information bar is at the top of the screen, showing the attitude. Can be turned off in the settings or via shortcut.
    • The HUD is a green "PFD" in front of you, seen in the screenshots above. Can be turned off in the settings or via shortcut, too.
    • Moving Map (1st screenshot, lower left) can also be turned off in the settings or via shortcut, map of the nearby scenery.

Now for the simulated real world things:

• The virtual cockpit is the 3D model that you sit in, where you as a pilot are sitting in the aircraft. You can only leave the virtual cockpit when you use another camera angle.
    • The PFD is a screen inside the virtual cockpit and it's size is given due to the geometry of the aircraft and the current camera angle. You can only make it larger on your screen by moving the camera forward (settings are available for that) or zoom in.

Cheers,
    Jan

• Hi Delfin,

Son, you need to spend a full day reading the manual and exploring all the different screens available to you. I suggest you go to any given screen and click everything on that screen that you can click, just to see what happens and then move on to another screen and do the same thing.

So this is to happy flying with a full deck.

Regards,

Ray

• Try zooming in so that on the ground you can only just see the end of the runway at the top of the screen and only just see the bottom of the main usefull instruments at the bottom of the screen. Use your joystick or mouse to pan the view when you need to. You have been zoomed out so much that it looked as if you were sitting on the back seat. Cockpits are quite small and you need to adjust all the knobs and buttons in comfort (in real life).
    Try a view more like this :-

• You, Jet-Pack, literally said this to me:
    • The overlay is what is in the bottom right corner (shortcuts to the individual views), and there is a setting for its transparency.
    Can you describe the sequence of the adjustment of these bars to modify that transparency, and if possible, make larger numbers and visible?
    For example: Settigns ---> Controls ---> USB Game Controllers -> Icon calibration joystick .... etc.

And the same I ask you to get the same effect in the virtual cockpit?

Your Dave, you did very well on 05-02; If you read this, could you do it?

The second (simpler) question that I ask, (to anyone) is this:

Some one can inform me what key should I click to invest (reverse) the engine push and brake the aircraft in the landing ?.

I have read the manual very carefully, but I can not find what I am looking for. Sure, because there are updates in the game, which have not yet been included in the manual, and I guess this is what I look for, is one of those updates.

Jet-Pack, you did not send me that picture I asked for, I guess you can not; If someone wants to do it, I would like to receive it.

I was going to answer by the morning, but I did not. Now in the afternoon, I found the image sent by Overloaded. I appreciate it, but this I already knew, it is a matter of zooming and sacrificing the external view. Well, it is very evident, that at the moment (at least, while the game is in early access phase), I will have to get used to this limitations.

Thank you all for your help.
    Regards:
    Delfin

• Delfin,

F2 will engage the Reverse Thrusters to slow down after landing. Use RT until speed drops to about 30 kts, then brakes.

Assign any keyboard key for brakes. I use the dot (period) some use B but I have that assigned to the Beacon.

Move the Transparancy slider to the middle the check and see what you like. Move it in small increments until you find the magic spot for you.

Ray

• Thanks Ray for your reply, but "F2" (reverse power engines = reverse) does not work. The brakes were assigned to the key "B" and work. You also tell me to use "RT", until the plane slows down to about 30 kts. Nor does RT work. Well, as you know, pressing "T" (with or without the R) changes the time of day.

Regarding the numbers contained in the icon in the corner below and to the right to program the flights, I had already discovered it, but I assumed that it could increase its size and intensity in color. They are overly transparent and difficult to see.

The sequence that I asked for was: Settings -> General -> Transparency of control elements -> [low-high]

I am waiting to see if anyone can tell me how to activate the reverse engines.

Thank you very much for your help:

Delfin