Is there a way to set the scenery location folder other than on the C drive.

• So i got a 1 tb harddrive just for the geo tool- i installed aero fly 2 on it but when i use the geo tool i have to put everything into the my docs folder on the c drive for aero fly- is there a way to to tell the game to search a different drive for these map image locations.

Example- i have the geo tool and the game installed on the G drive- and i want the game to search for the images on the G drive not C:\Users\Thispc\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images

• you can define a custom user folder by adding your location to the field: <[string8][extra_user_folder][]> located within the main.mcf file. Your secondary location should be placed between the brackets.

The location must contain the sub-folder “scenery”. This will give you the ability to place your custom scenery in a location other than the documents folder located on the root drive.

So, create a folder named "scenery" where you wish, then add that location between the brackets as noted above.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff,

I evidently am missing something here.

I added this line to my main.mcf file and saved it. <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\scenery]>

I created the E:\scenery folder on my E: drive and added some scenery in a subfolder E:\scenery\images

I have not been able to coax Aerofly FS2 to read that scenery from this secondary location.

Can you see what I am not doing, or doing incorrectly?

Regards.

Ray

When Pigs Fly.

A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

• Hi Ray,

you didn't type in the entire string line correct? Because the last update created the line for you. It looks like you entered the location correctly. Let me look into this a bit, there might still be something going on with this feature.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I think it has to be a folder with scenery folder inside it... so you would to for example:

Code
    1. <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\aerofly\scenery]>

and move your scenery inside that "aerofly" folder on E

later on in the aerofly folder also the subfolder "aircraft" may be read?

• I think it has to be a folder with scenery folder inside it... so you would to for example:

Code
    1. <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\aerofly\scenery]>

and move your scenery inside that "aerofly" folder on E

later on in the aerofly folder also the subfolder "aircraft" may be read?

Jan,

Good guess. I tried several combinations of paths - nothing has worked so far. I used some existing folders on E:\ and added a subfolder for \scenery. No joy.

Do you suppose the code needs a little hand holding to actually say \unique_folder\scenery\images in order to read the custom folder names for the user generated scenery files?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly.

A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

• Jan and Jeff,

I really hate to move a bunch of scenery files over to another drive until it proves that it actually works. But, then again, I really need to clean up my default drive.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly.

• I have the same issue: <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\aerofly\scenery]>

It has never worked for me :-(

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Guys, there might be an issue with the public build in relation to this feature. I tested this and cleared it but it was in a developer build. There appears to be a problem with it.

Please give this some time to get resolved.

Regards,

Jeff

• Guys, there might be an issue with the public build in relation to this feature. I tested this and cleared it but it was in a developer build. There appears to be a problem with it.

Please give this some time to get resolved.

No worries, thanks Jeff.

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift