Greetings Flight Simmers,
After taking a small breath of fresh air the team has been back to work preparing the next update that will not only improve upon some recently released functions but also added a few more improvements. And of course fixed some stuff as well. Here’s a list of what you will see in the upcoming update today:
* Changed autopilot improved LOC tracking, now uses a calculated lateral offset, not deflection angle
* Changed autopilot / flight director LOC stays engaged when autopilot disconnects
* Changed Fly by wire implemented C* law, modified flight phase transitions, pitch trim reset after touch down now smoother, nz load protection.
* Changed FBW bank protection, how the aircraft rolls back to 33deg when stick released, softer pitch attitude stop, over speed protection now targets VMO + 15kts when stick full down, VMO when released.
* Changed FBW angle of attack protection now internally also controls only angle of attack, aileron compensates asymmetries better
* Changed wheel simulation: improved ground handling, idle taxiing and improved brake control. Q400 one engine taxiing now possible.
* Added parking brake
* Added deformable wheel animation
* Added thrust lever sealing lip animations for Q400 and F18, more to come
* Fixed A320 fixed auto-brake now disables 5 seconds after lift off, correct ECAM page displayed after lift off during gear retraction, PFD now displays correct ground phase
* Changed ASG29 improved flight model: more realistic behavior to flap, added pitch trim synchronization on AP disconnect button (force trim), reduced drag from landing gear, fine tuned glide performance for current weight (no water)
* Changed pressure settings in airliners are now automatically set to either STD or QNH when initialized in air or ground.
* Fixed B737 localizer now displays correctly
* Changed B747 flight physics to be less sensitive to throttle, better flare dynamics
* Changed B747 updated cockpit 3D model with new textures, newly modeled switches and buttons
* Fixed B747 some bugs in VNAV, placing the 747 near the route should now correctly resume VNAV PATH
* Added F18 high and low sensitivity nose wheel steering, toggled per AP disconnect (same button in real world)
* Changed Q400 decreased nose gear steering speed to be more realistic, decreased drag on approach, more realistic cruise drag
* Changed Q400 increased full flap pitch attitude, decreased pitch attitude for others
* Fixed Q400 a bug in the REDUCED NP LANDING, a bug in the pitch trim runaway detection, is now sensitive to autopilot pitch trim changes
* Fixed Q400 master caution and master warning, now re triggers when a new warning comes up
* Fixed Q400 a bug in the formatted ILS view
* Changed Q400 increased stall trigger margin for full flaps
* Changed Q400 right side MFD to display system pages per default
We have also added support for FSWidgets which can now be enabled from within the settings menu.
As always, we wish to thank you for your support and sometimes patience while we aim to deliver you a realistic and professional flight simulator.