Airport Creation Problem

• I was successfully able to create some scenery for my home area of Brisbane, Australia using the scenery creation part 1 tutorial. It looks pretty amazing in FS2. Now I now want to add an airport to my scenery. I followed the airport tutorial and created a TSC file, placed it in the places folder, but the airport never shows up in FS2. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Have attached my TSC file for reference and have renamed it from tsc to txt to allow it to be attached. I have tried creating the file with both Notepad and Wordpad but nothing I have tried works.

Can anyone advise what I have done wrong?

yred2.txt

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• Thanks whitav8. :)

I hadn't noticed that the program developers has swapped the usual Lat Long for Long Lat. Obviously a rookie mistake by me, but I wonder why would they did this anyway? This would also explain why my TMC file wouldn't produce any image files initially, as I caused the same problem there. It was only when I used the excellent 'Convert FSET to Aerofly TMC File' web page that I was able to get image files created for FS2. I had wondered why that worked but my original TMC didn't, but hadn't noticed anything obvious when I compared the 2 files.

Thanks, Chris

• I made all the Lon Lat corrections but still no luck on seeing the airport in the Location screen or when flying over the location. Corrected TSC attached. I am wondering if maybe FS2 doesn't support airports in the southern hemisphere, although the images work fine. Any help would be appreciated. yred4tsc.txt

Thanks, Chris

• Hi Chris:

Try this one. You had one code bracket missing on line #9.

Good luck, Ed

Files

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• Thanks Ed

That worked just great and the airport is selectable in the Location menu. It didn't create any visual runway just the option in Location so I guess that is a separate process. I see there are video tutorials on that.

Thanks, Chris

• Chris, there’s a nice tool for quickly creating airports on the net. Look for it at fscloudport.com.

If you want more and you have a 3D graphics program like 3dsmax or AC3D plus some patience, you can follow the excellent videos from Rodeo. Look for all of them in the Wiki section of Aerofly.

Cheers, Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• Thanks Ed. Fscloudport looks like a easy way to enhance the visually impressive scenery created using Geoconvert. 3dsmax and AC3D are a bit advanced for me at this stage, although I have viewed one of the tutorials for AC3D anyway.

Thanks, Chris