Lynx MK7 now available

• Took a quick look at the manual.... I know I'm gonna' crash.. I known I'm gonna' crash. You may need to make a "how to fly" video tutorial for Cessna and Piper drivers like me!

Great work my friend. And thank you IPACS for finally getting there!

- Kenneth

• Hi Heli fans

Well, testing went better than I thought so I have just posted the Lynx, plus map making files.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…p-making-files/

Once unzipped copy the lynx7 folder to your

C:\Users\***\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft....for a standard install

Before you start asking questions or posting complaints please read the manual, it's all in there and should answer your question. There is no engine running start, sorry but it's the only way I can get the correct engine start sequence, or accuracy and realism as we all want.

Yes it's a bitch to get started the first few times but I can get the Lynx up and running within a minute. If you find it fly's like a bag of sh1t it's because you missed something ( AFCS not engaged or trim switch normally), if the trim doesn't seem to be working, yep you missed something, if you loose hydraulics when you shut down number 1 engine in flight and your in the incorrect flight mode ACC instead of MAIN (yes you can do it if you want) the controls will stop responding. Stop number 2 engine in flight and you'll loose the AFCS and then it will fly like a bag of sh1t. So does the real one. It will fly on one engine..but it doesn't like it...just like the real one. Maybe your getting the point now...JUST LIKE THE REAL ONE

If you are gentle she fly's and hovers like a pussy cat, get too rough with her and she fly's like a tiger on steroids. She will lift into the hover with very little cyclic, if any, and with heading hold engaged it will require no tail rotor. Once in a hover and cyclic trimmed, you can even engage Bar Alt and it will pretty much hover for you. She does require trimming when in forward flight but when trimmed, heading hold and Bar Alt engaged you can nearly go make a coffee, only nearly.

Due to the fact only myself and Jetpack occasionally have tested there may be some errors or faults, these will be corrected over time. No the TANS doesn't work, beyond my TMD skill set, pretty useless in the real one anyway.

Enjoy...Steve

• Turbines running - rotor turning - that would be done for today.:)

Tomorrow I will continue.8)

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Wow just wow I love it WOW! Dreamfoil drew me to XPlane ... this is the same quality for AFS2 . people will folow AFS just becuase of this.

• Quote from the Manual "I am an ex-Lynx pilot and this Lynx is a very accurate representation, sometimes too accurate. IF YOU JUST WANT TO GET IN AND FLY, NO CHECKS AND NO UNDERSTANDING THEN PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE AS THIS LYNX WILL NOT BE FOR YOU. IF YOU CRASH, YOU START FROM SCRATCH...SO DON'T CRASH...THERE IS NO IN-FLIGHT START OR ON THE RUNWAY START. It isn't possible in real life so it ain't with my lynx."

Best part repeat : I am an ex-Lynx pilot and this Lynx is a very accurate representation, sometimes too accurate.

Thankyou.

• Well done Larry Lynx!

Just concluded my first flight.

May have skipped some of the TEST steps in startup sequence.

Does ECL 'retard to ground idle' mean turn the lever almost to lowest setting, or fully to lowest setting?

The Heading Hold did not appear to take effect for me, or very subtly so. I certainly couldn't take my hand off cyclic. I must not be engaging it correctly.

Thank you!

Edited once, last by GregDude (February 7, 2020 at 1:48 PM).

• Hi Greg

In a real Lynx its back to ground idle but in the sim as long as the ECL goes most of the way then thats fine, it's to allow the engines to effectively become detached from the drive train, this then lets the actuated freewheel or rigid freewheel time to engage or disengage without putting too much strain on the system, or sim in this case. In the real Lynx the spilt occurs much faster but with FS2 it seems to be somewhat slower. If things are done to fast in FS2 the sim can break and reset so perhaps it's not a bad thing that it's slower. Do remember if you go back too far it will shut down the engine, it could do with a 2 stage process where it stops at ground idle and then requires a further movement, not sure if this is possible, it does however have a detent but it's easily overcome.

As with a lot of things on the Lynx we were pushing FS2 to places it wasn't fully ready to go to. As we all know FS2 is an evolving sim and I don't think they anticipated some crazy old man wanting to do quite so much with it. :rolleyes:

7 blades, 3 engines and a APU next, after that a tilt rotor. Well that will keep me busy for the next year or so..and Jan :D

Heading hold is tail rotor only, you will need a joystick button or key bound ( as per the manual) The real lynx has micro switches in the pedals hence the key/button binding. Whilst your at it, bind the Bar Alt too, once again in the manual. Cyclic can be trimmed for hands off flying but you must have all the systems engaged and switches in the right place, I'm afraid realism comes with a learning curve. Yep I'm guilty of missing some of these when I'm testing

Steve

• Steve,

You sure know how to pick hard projects! I believe there are a few Osprey based at RAF Mildenhall, so when you do get it done, it will be something else to fly through the Mach Loop. (See video below). But, if you feel like tackling something simpler, just to relax your over-taxed rotary mind (LOL)... The Chipmunk.. Yeah, I know, I'm obsessed with that one. I just wish we had 20 people in the community with your knowledge and ability. We would really see the available aircraft growing in numbers. Back to your Lynx... I sat in it. That's all so far, I can hardly fly the R22, let alone the tackle your complex machine yet. BUT it looks great. Well done. And btw, I cannot for the life in me get your F-104 to show up in the sim. Keeps bouncing me back to the Cessna. I tried the "latest" files too.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- Kenneth

• Yes Ray, that tilt rotor =O

I can't think of a more practical aircraft for AFS2. The Osprey V22 is easy to fly and we can fly it like an airplane for fast travel between destinations and transition to the rotary mode at will for close up viewing or to land on a dime.

I made a pitch to IPACS to add this one in the original Avsim review of FS2, way back in January 2016 or 17. Can't remember the year, I hear that memory is the 2nd thing to go.

• Hi Kenneth

see this post ref the Starfighter issue

F-104G Starfighter

Lynx may look complicated but it's not after a while, keep at it and you'll be fine. Be very gentle on the controls and its easy, only gets lively if you do..Pilot induced oscillation it's called. As for plank development, not my scene, I'm a heli guy through and through. CH53E next in line then hopefully the V22 with maybe a CH47 after that, perhaps an Apache and a MD902 and a nervous breakdown :S....well thats the next 2 years taken care of

Steve