Just Flight releases new AFS2 Motor Glider

• This one may not be for everyone, but, the Falke SF-25 comes in 3 variants, lots of animations, good documentation and is fun to fly. Us low and slow guys that keep asking for a tow plane and glider will just have to make do with this self propelled model. PC and Mac models available now.

Jump over to our friends at Just Flight and check it out. https://www.justflight.com/product/falke-25-aerofly-fs-2

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• It is very basic, just like the original German version. Nice sound package and enough flexibility with the 3 different models. Some good animations.

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• Lots of wings area. Wings fold in and out. Neat. Good winds sounds when you turn off the engine to glide.

• Hm, at the Moment I'm not very amused about this Falke:

1) When I reduce the thrust/Propeller, the sound changes only by reducing the sound-volume...

2) When I set the Falke on a starting Point, it's often not clear for taking off and the air brakes can not be moved - only when I repeat starting the FS2.

3) For my opinion the controll is to sluggish. But I'm not sure in this point, wether the real Falke is similar.

4) There are no sceneries, which have been promised bei just flight… :/

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version, Intel Core i7 3770, 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 1050 ti

• I had trouble retracting the air brakes too. I moved to a new location and they were working.

• I am a GREAT supporter of JustFlight, and have been since they started operations way back in "The Associates" and "The Producers" days. I also have copies of their previous four aircraft for AFS2, ready to go to final review for Flightsim.com. However.....

I will ask the question. Is there a pilot in this aircraft?

My preferred approach to flying in AFS2 is outside the aircraft. Given that, an empty cockpit would get a massive thumbs down from me.

So gents.... Is the cockpit empty? Or is somebody lurking in the shadows?

- Kenneth

• I have now completed my first flight. And my feelings about the Falke are a little mixed.

First of all I was very excited about this new addon because I have been flying this type of aircraft (SF25 C-Falke) in reality for around 20 years. Until 2010 the version with 80 hp Limbach engine, an then the converted version with a Rotax 912 engine (100 hp). Generally these type of aircraft are really common in german glider clubs. Some call them "retiree jets" with a smile :-)

In my opinion the modeling of the airplane and the interieur is well done. The feeling in VR when you sit in the cockpit quite fits.

After a flight of 15 min. I observed these things:

• The flight control is very spongy and the necessary amount of rudder is too high (and I know that the plane has a strong negative turning moment)
    1. In all variants the climbing (m/s) is to high. In reality you need to accelerate in the ground effect for a safe climbing speed, for example.

• The displayed engine speeds (rpm) are not correct (generally to low):
    1. The rpm with full throttle on the ground is much too low
    2. In the air in cruising flight the rpm is to low, too. It should be at 150 km/h about 2500 rpm.
    3. At VNE and full throttle the rpm speed should go over the red line (3400 rpm)

• carburetor preheating is reversed. Normally the lever is up and the preheating is off.
    • wheel brake should be coupled to the airbrake.
    • If I turn the main switch off, the airspeed indicator does not work anymore (in reality it works with the dynamic pressure and is purely mechanical)

I noticed the following with the model:

• The screw on the carburetor warm-up lever isn't moving.
    • In the aircraft selection the rudder is missing in the aircraft picture of the C-falcon.

I have the feeling, that the developers rushed a little bit the release. Hopefully they will look on these issues will patch it with update.

PS: Flying with some friends in formation with our Club C-Falke, sitting in SF28 "Tandemfalke" in the backseat.

• Thanks for this evaluation. Please post this at the Just Flight Support site to ensure the proper folks get the benefit. They are the ones that can make corrections.

• I made some posts in the Just Flight forum about the topic. Until now no response from the developers (only one from the staff of Just Flight, that he will forward the message to propair)

In the mean time I looked for some reviews of the propair falke for FSX/Prepar on youtube. In one of the videos the shown flight model behaviour looked to me more acurate than the aerofly variant.

https://youtu.be/knALBnlaues

So I think there is hope.