Future FS4 Ideas

• Hello all,

Since I began using Aerofly simulators in 2017 with FS2, there has been tremendous growth and progression in the development of the franchise. However, there is still much to be desired for a truly perfect experience. While I understand that implementing this monumental list of request is extremely difficult and probably not achievable, having some of these features would make the Aerofly franchise stand out as the best flight simulator. Listed below are some the features I would like to see in the future. :thumbup:

Sim features:

-Adjustable time skip slider instead of button

-Visible wind speed (in knots) when adjusting conditions

-ATC at some point in the far future (not necessary)

Liveries:

-Easyjet A320 (WL)

-Newer Airfrance A320 livery

-Southwest 737 livery

-Qantas 747 livery

-(Future) Delta and KLM 737NG liveries

-Qantas NEW A380 livery (VH-OQD)

-Updated Swiss A320 livery

Aircraft:

Since Airbus has been long neglected, I believe it is time for another Airbus which would make the simulator feel more complete. I feel that the A330-300 with GE CF6 engines is a good choice due to its versatility of operations and ease of development by reusing A320 cockpit elements such as the PFD and MCDU displays. It could potentially be featured in liveries such as Delta, KLM, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Saudia, (inaccurate engines) Swiss, Singapore Airlines, and (inaccurate engines) Etihad.

Additionally, I believe that an Embraer of some sort (Such as an E175 V2) would greatly diversify the flying experience and a B757-200 (PW2000) would be a popular and frequently flown staple and differentiator of the sim which would make it stand out against competitors such as MSFS and the ageing Xplane.

Also, a smaller GA aircraft such as the Cirrus SR22 is definitely something that should be considered.

Airports:

While all Aerofly sims have had rather good coverage, I have noticed that some airports in Switzerland such as Ulrichen, Turtmann, and Interlaken have been removed. They were a joy to fly into using smaller aircraft so I would appreciate seeing them return. Perhaps the La Côte airport in Nyon VD would also make an interesting addition for flights around Lac Leman as well! I would also like to point out the often ignored Croix de Cœur airport in southwest Valais near the Italian border with Switzerland because it is a fantastic airport for flying GA aircraft such as C172s to.

Most importantly, the airport coverage in the central United States is near nonexistent.

Larger hubs such as KMSP, KORD, KDTW, KATL, and KDFW would enhance the flying experience and could be used to connect flights between the east and west coasts along with intercontinental destinations in Europe and farther afield.

Australia would also be a cool addition!

Airports such as Brisbane, Coolangatta, Townsville, Cairns, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Bankstown, Darwin, Perth, Wagga Wagga, and Uluru Ayers Rock and Pine Gap AFB would be cool to have as it would present a completely different environment to the simulator than what we are used to.

McMurdo airport in Antarctica would be amazing but I doubt that will ever happen.

Also, Caribbean airports such as Punta Cana, Nassau, Santo Domingo, Oranjestad, Curaçao, Cartegena, La Romana, Cancun, Cozumel, Kingston, Havana, St. Maarten/Saba/St. Barthélemy, and St. Thomas would be great.

Since 2017, I have felt that Aerofly is one of the most in-depth simulator franchises and I hope to continue to use IPACS simulations for many years to come! So far, these simulators have been everything I have ever dreamed of and have helped me to gain a much greater understanding of most major airliners and the many systems and MCDU styles associated with each type!

Kindest regards,

Thekingbuji333 (see the clever A330-300 reference in the username)

Also do feel free to comment with any further ideas.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• Go to Best Answer
  • I have both FS2 and FS4. I probably still use FS2 more mainly because it has much better world coverage, esp. NA. It's a pity that there hasn't been more 3rd party support for FS4 DLC's like there was with FS2. I guess most of those previous FS2 developers have exclusively joined the msfs bandwagon. Too bad imho. Hopefully FS4 will get some additional coverage over time.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• I have both FS2 and FS4. I probably still use FS2 more mainly because it has much better world coverage, esp. NA. It's a pity that there hasn't been more 3rd party support for FS4 DLC's like there was with FS2. I guess most of those previous FS2 developers have exclusively joined the msfs bandwagon. Too bad imho. Hopefully FS4 will get some additional coverage over time.

Regarding JustFlight, yes, they all left on MSFS, I can confirm that to you.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Status of the project "Import of FS2-FSCloudPort airfields into the AirportCreationTool for FS4":

The software is quite well advanced, only the import of the runway data is still missing. All other data like "general information", "parking_positions", "helipads" and "xrefs" are already transferred. When everything is ready, I will also write a short manual.

=> This alone will at least significantly increase the number of available airfields in the near future.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• It's evident that you have a passion for flight simulation and a detailed wishlist for Aerofly simulators. Your requests span from adjustable time skip sliders to various aircraft liveries, new aircraft additions, and a wide range of airports. Your suggestions show a desire for a diverse and realistic flying experience. While I can't guarantee the implementation of these features, sharing your feedback with the developers and the community can contribute to the growth and improvement of the simulator. Your dedication to the Aerofly franchise is clear, and your input helps shape its future.