A Lesson in How to Use the Forum

• You literally spammed the entire forum with it...

Jan isn't wrong- I just wanted accuracy but I do agree that my request was a bit much. At this point, I know it will be inaccurate but don't even care since it will be futile to ask for any change whatsoever due to the reluctancy of the devs and limited resources

I wanted Aerofly to undergo small changes to improve user experience. I guess this won't happen.

It seems as if many request posts are entirely ignored but complaints receive swift backlash..

This is quite a shame as I thought this forum was for customer support and I have offered unwavering commitment to the Aerofly franchise since 2017 and only desire small changes. I think it's time for me to switch to MSFS due to the hostile environment, poor features, and lack of improvement to Aerofly.

I was just starting to learn to fly the Concorde, which would have been the final frontier to my mastery of commercial types in Aerofly, which will no longer happen. I am willing to spend more money on MSFS to get better and more features

In fact, I believe that the reason the developers have been choosing rare variants such as the B737 -500/-900/MAX 9 is because it is a lazy move to make less repaints since less operators use the planes in real life. I have also had many other unreported glitches. Aerofly can be horrible to use in many occasions but I still used it and believed in its potential. No longer do I support this. Especially the lazy re-hashing of simulators with an annual release with minimal changes.

If the Delta 737 livery was fixed, I would be happy but didn't mean to ask too much.

I will buy FS4 and FS2024 to test them out but will no longer primarily use them.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited 3 times, last by Thekingbuji333 (November 17, 2023 at 12:51 AM).

• Go to Best Answer
  • I agree with you on some of your criticisms, however you will not find in any simulator this speed of start-up as well as this fluidity without any jerk like that of Aerofly.

Of course, everything is far from perfect, there is still a lot of work, and details to improve, and I fear that it will go faster being the small team that they are.

It's very good that you consider looking elsewhere, like MSFS for example, but make no mistake, you will have bugs and crashes, you will have to be patient. :) Unfortunately no simulator is 100% perfect, and I know what I'm talking about, having more than 300 addons on MSFS, it's beautiful for the eyes, but the descent into hell (FPS) can also happen very quickly. Updates are regular but with a lot of crashes too. Then the addons must also be updated, because some no longer correspond to the new loading of the sim card. That said, having two simulators for switching is always interesting, then it all depends on what you're looking for.

Good flight!

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Best Answer
    • Official Post

You need to understand that it takes a lot of effort to read through the forums and that this takes away time from the actual development. When I read a minor issue I write it down, give you a thumbs up or thanks and when I get time then I can fix it. That could be in a couple of months. At the moment we are quite busy on Aerofly FS for mobile though and all resources are now on that project. So small minor fixes will have to wait a bit.

Now imagine I wrote that paragraph on each and everyone's posting in the forums on each small bug that was reported. I would not get any actual work done. Or we would have to use chat bots from now on to just reply to everyone posts with generic "thank you for reporting an issue please leave your message after the beep".

Please don't repost the same issues in several threads all over the forums. This just occludes more important major issues. Major issues are game-breaking, i.e. not being able to use the product at all, not being able to fly a certain aircraft at all or major features not working at all for one aircraft even though it worked before. If a repaint displays a small detail incorrectly there is no need to make a big fuzz out of it. It's forwarded to the designer but they are already busy on other projects of course. So it will have to be line up for the next round of changes like many others. So it can't happen tomorrow or the day after that.

Please keep you feedback coming, but please be patient and don't expect every minor issue to be fixed the next day or by the next update. If I reacted to your post in anyway then you can assume I read it and if we get time for it then we can fix it.

Regards,

Jan

• You need to understand that it takes a lot of effort to read through the forums and that this takes away time from the actual development. When I read a minor issue I write it down, give you a thumbs up or thanks and when I get time then I can fix it. That could be in a couple of months. At the moment we are quite busy on Aerofly FS for mobile though and all resources are now on that project. So small minor fixes will have to wait a bit.

Now imagine I wrote that paragraph on each and everyone's posting in the forums on each small bug that was reported. I would not get any actual work done. Or we would have to use chat bots from now on to just reply to everyone posts with generic "thank you for reporting an issue please leave your message after the beep".

Please don't repost the same issues in several threads all over the forums. This just occludes more important major issues. Major issues are game-breaking, i.e. not being able to use the product at all, not being able to fly a certain aircraft at all or major features not working at all for one aircraft even though it worked before. If a repaint displays a small detail incorrectly there is no need to make a big fuzz out of it. It's forwarded to the designer but they are already busy on other projects of course. So it will have to be line up for the next round of changes like many others. So it can't happen tomorrow or the day after that.

Please keep you feedback coming, but please be patient and don't expect every minor issue to be fixed the next day or by the next update. If I reacted to your post in anyway then you can assume I read it and if we get time for it then we can fix it.

Jean, you and the ipacs team work day and night for the new 2024 simulator... the users are grateful, they have a wonderful simulator and I know they work hard to improve every aspect... they have the support of a huge community

• You need to understand that it takes a lot of effort to read through the forums and that this takes away time from the actual development. When I read a minor issue I write it down, give you a thumbs up or thanks and when I get time then I can fix it. That could be in a couple of months. At the moment we are quite busy on Aerofly FS for mobile though and all resources are now on that project. So small minor fixes will have to wait a bit.

Thanks, well now I know how to post with etiquette. Nice to know that issues are noted and will eventually be fixed. I will keep giving feedback and will not be annoying. I still love the sims and I wrote angrily there because I just had a long day and that small remark annyoed me. Sorry. I am very excited for the new mobile version though and can't wait to try it out! (especially the improved B737-500 and B737-900)

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited once, last by Thekingbuji333 (November 17, 2023 at 12:49 AM).

• Thekingbuji333 November 17, 2023 at 12:44 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “I'm Done.” to “A Lesson in How to Use the Forum”.
  • It's very good that you consider looking elsewhere, like MSFS for example, but make no mistake, you will have bugs and crashes, you will have to be patient. :) Unfortunately no simulator is 100% perfect, and I know what I'm talking about, having more than 300 addons on MSFS, it's beautiful for the eyes, but the descent into hell (FPS) can also happen very quickly. Updates are regular but with a lot of crashes too. Then the addons must also be updated, because some no longer correspond to the new loading of the sim card.

I second your comments and then some. I abandoned MSFS for some of those very reasons and more. MSFS would literally give me anxiety. I moved over to Aero Fly full time, long time ago and now my anxiety is gone because Aero Fly is perfect for my needs and its totally stress and anxiety free flying, it's that good "IMO". I knew eventually I was gonna go FS4 full time I was just in denial because of the eye candy of MSFS kept me going. I kid you not, the eye candy was the only reason I stuck with MSFS. FS4 is a real flight SIM, MSFS is a flight SIM flying game. To me, "IMO", it always felt gamey. Just my opinion.