Question: @larrylynx - AH 64 Apache / Lynx Mark7

• Hello Steve,

I hope everything goes well for you! It's been quite a while since we last heard from you :)

I would have a wish that is very dear to me.
    Will we ever see Apache and Lynx on FS4? :/
    That would be great and the icing on the cake, because I miss it.

Best wishes
    Pascal

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Hi Pascal

I have just joined the FS4 arena (steam sale) and have been experimenting with the CH53E, still a nightmare.

As for the other 2 there is quite a lot of work to convert them, as I have found out with the CH53E. IPACS has changed a lot of stuff. It will take some time when I get around to it but fingers crossed.

• Moin Steve,

Even though I'm currently making a lot of airfields for FS4, I still enjoy the airplanes you created in FS2 every now and then. That's why I'll be happy if these find their way into FS4 at some point.

Tschüss, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Thanks Steve, if this conversion doesn't turn out to be too complex, I can't wait to see them again! :love:

As for the CH-53E Super Stallion, it’s not a little bird! An experience which I suppose could result in a big challenge :)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (November 27, 2023 at 11:37 PM).

• Thankyou for the offer Master Obi Jan, which I will take up.

I have converted the Lynx but I am stuck with 3 errors si it will not load. 2 connected with, MovingMap.Render and NavaidOverlay.Render. Object not found in both cases. Plus, cannot link 'EssentialBus.Output'. They all work in FS2. Converting has however been a refresher on why I hate TMD files ;)

I will be interested to see if your converting corrects these errors so I can track them down at a later date in my copy. (good practice) As they are Heli related I will mail them to you.

F104 cannot be converted at the moment as I do not have all the texture files, sorry guys.

• The ".Render" needs to be removed, that is no longer necessary. Only the object names are needed.

As for the EssentialBus.Output, please check if you accidentally use it in any of the AddLoad functions. It probably needs to be EssentialBus.AddLoad there (or similar, don't have it all memorized, believe it or not :D )

• Hi Jan

Thanks for the info, found the EssentialBus error. I copied another ElectricalLoad entry and replaced with exactly the same data from the one causing the error and that cleared it. I have noticed this type of error previously. Its like the sim gets an error and refuses to think any different. Something I know only too well at my age.

Have got the Lynx into the sim by removing the MovingMap.Render entries, will try again with just removing .Render. Another upgrade wording change????? Lots of errors with incorrect Input vs InputID entries, only 290 to rectify. Axis have proved to be problematical, just a matter of time and I'll get those corrected.

Steve

• Hi Jan

Thanks for the info, found the EssentialBus error. I copied another ElectricalLoad entry and replaced with exactly the same data from the one causing the error and that cleared it. I have noticed this type of error previously. Its like the sim gets an error and refuses to think any different. Something I know only too well at my age.

Have got the Lynx into the sim by removing the MovingMap.Render entries, will try again with just removing .Render. Another upgrade wording change????? Lots of errors with incorrect Input vs InputID entries, only 290 to rectify. Axis have proved to be problematical, just a matter of time and I'll get those corrected.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, all the axes need to be flipped but I have a script for that. Also the InputID vs. Message, etc.

I'll try to convert it this evening if I remember.