[Android]Can't play offline

• I found a problem. When the game is offline, the global map is not displayed and cannot be played!

This is very bad!

So the official words are all misleading? !

screenshot:

• Fly_wu December 10, 2023 at 7:14 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Can't play offline” to “[Android]Can't play offline”.
  • #2、#3

Don't draw conclusions until you understand the problem!!:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Huh? Nobody drew Conclusions we know that it’s because of streaming which obviously doesn’t work offline. I’m guessing from the Fact you changed the title and added [Android] that that is what you are talking about. I was talking about Caching when I mentioned IOS which is what I’m not sure about but that doesn’t matter for the situation you are describing.

• It was explained by the developers that the global mode only works via streaming, that is, an internet connection is necessary for the scenarios to be accessible. This was the alternative found to solve the problem of the enormous volume of data that involves more than 7,000 airports around the world. Imagine the chaos it would be like to have to download all that number of airports. No cell phone has enough memory to hold this gigantic volume of files.

• No, it's bullshit, you should still be able to play the game offline, this was possible in the previous versions, and there should be a way to do it now too.

Well it’s different now because it’s streaming but I do agree the devs haven’t really answered the questions of if you could download some scenery as far as I know.

• Well it’s different now because it’s streaming but I do agree the devs haven’t really answered the questions of if you could download some scenery as far as I know.

One of the devs said aerofly stores chached files of the places you have flown to,on your phone's storage. This doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be able to fly offline, but it means everytime you're to fly those routes again, the data consumption will be much less compared to the first time you flown those routes

• No, it's bullshit, you should still be able to play the game offline, this was possible in the previous versions, and there should be a way to do it now too.

It's now a streaming global system.

So, no internet, no game.

The description says that after downloading Aerofly the application needs 8 GB free storage to download data. By the way, the 8 GB must be the cache size.

Why you cannot fly offline a route you have already flown before (so the data are cached). Because, it checks on the internet that the cache is still up to date. If not, it will be redownload. If yes, no redownload.

This check is part of how it works. So, no internet, no data checking, no flying.

So, it's not a question of bullshit, it is now an inline game which requires a internet connection.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Implementing an offline mode is something we might consider in a future update. For now to keep the data consistant, we have deactivated the use of the already cached files. Content is continously updated, especially airports are getting updates on a daily basis, so we wan't to ensure this content is actually delivered to the user.

• Implementing an offline mode is something we might consider in a future update. For now to keep the data consistant, we have deactivated the use of the already cached files. Content is continously updated, especially airports are getting updates on a daily basis, so we wan't to ensure this content is actually delivered to the user.

Thank you.

Is an update for Aerofly FS Global database also the same for Arofly FS 4 (with Network enabled)?

Playing offline is definitely the right decision!

• There are always some big smart people who don't know the truth and randomly follow the rhythm.
    They will regret (Inner thoughts) when the time comes...

I already regret (have a glance at my signature)

But what if we want to cache files for a 15-hour IRL flight where there is no wi-fi? Should we just use FS2023?

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333