The Best MOD for B777-300ER , optimizing performance for reality!

• Thanks for Jet-Pack (IPACS) ,who provided much help for me! :)<3

Now I'm very honored to introduce my MOD for B777-300ER.

Spent all my spare time in past two weeks. Reference from FCOM and countless real videos.

If you find something still incorrect. Just leave a message below this post. Let jet-pack see it or I will try to modify it.:thumbup:

Just download it and enjoy the realistic experience in Aerofly!:saint:<3

Flight-Sim: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…ormance-closer/

Google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k9bwDY…ew?usp=drivesdk

Also, FlyOverAsia , jin and me organized a team for creating scenery and do some other mods for aerofly. Now we are trying to create China scenery images. Maybe we will release them soon.

貴方の運命は、すでに我が手中の糸が絡めとった!:saint:<3

Edited once, last by orangedog433 (December 23, 2023 at 9:55 AM).

• Go to Best Answer
  • Jet-Pack (IPACS) I also want to know that could I release the 77w mod for Android. I have tested it with my five teammates. No any crash and everything works normal. Some of them even accompilshed a full flight with the test mod. I will publish a addition .tmd if get IPACS's permission. :)

At least in Chinese community, most players only purchase AFG and want to get flying experience as same as AF4.^^

• Does it have realistic sounds

• As long as the mod only uses the parameters and system tmd files it probably won't cause major headaches for us and I see no issues with you publishing that mod. You shouldn't need to overwrite any default files for the installation, this can cause crashes when we perform updates and the outdated mod files conflict with the app version.

Regards,

Jan

• 【Aerofly FS 4/ Global】B777-300ER Optimizing Performance for Reality V2.5 Now!

My friend who work for Airbus supplier also a flight simulation enthusiasts pointed out some of my mistakes. Now I modify them and release the mod again. New version named V2.5 :S

【By OrangeDog TEAM】B777-300ER Optimizing Performance for Reality V2.5 Now! - Flight-Sim.org
    This MODis made by orangedog. IPACS Jet-Pack contributed greatly to this achievement. Thanks to him very much! V2.5 What did OD modify? * Now a…
    flight-sim.org

I also let OHDBUT to relaese the same mod for Android. Now try it on your mobile devices!

【Only for Android / Aerofly FS Global】B777-300ER Optimizing Performance for Reality V2.5 Now! - Flight-Sim.org
    This MODis made by orangedog. IPACS Jet-Pack contributed greatly to this achievement, he also permitted us to provide this mod Android! Thanks to him very…
    flight-sim.org

* Notice refer to FCOM: In B77w, you should adjust the airspeed to 5 knots more than VREF to resist gusty winds and obtain the best approach angle of attack! ;)

All in all the aircraft will perform heavier than before. Maybe you tried the v2.0 mod. If you don't know how to flare in final approach now. Just let AutoPilot present it for you firstly. Then try to imitate it!

What did I modify?

* Now a customizable mod is provided in "Custom_fuel_payload_mod" folder. Modify the payload and fuel Mass and Value in it.

* The aerodynamic model modified again. It is now close to the performance mentioned by FCOM and PMDG777 in Prepar3D. Similar scenes can also be seen in the real 77w video.

* Adjust some parameters about engine delay time. It is almost close to the data released by Boeing except.

* The landing gear has been tweaked for heavier, more realistic performance.

* Adjust the weight of 77w and the actual data in CDU.

* Modify the aircraft's FlyByWire to correct the application to be consistent with the above data.

Hope you have fun flying this more realistic 77w!:thumbup:

Some problem still existed. I have no idea with early activation of speed brake and automatic braking. Also the EGT have some difference with real aircraft. ||

Edited once, last by orangedog433 (December 23, 2023 at 10:40 AM).

• orangedog433 December 23, 2023 at 11:15 AM

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • orangedog433 December 23, 2023 at 11:16 AM

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Will it come to iOS

• 【Aerofly FS 4/ Global】B777-300ER Addon / Optimizing Performance for Reality V3.0 Available Now!

Remake the aerodynamic model again, and it will perform better this time!

Addon for Aerofly FS 4

【By OrangeDog TEAM】B777-300ER Addon / Optimizing Performance for Reality V3.0 Available Now! - Flight-Sim.org
    This MOD is made by orangedog. IPACS Jet-Pack contributed greatly to this achievement. Thanks to him very much! V3.0 What did OD modify? * The aerodynamic…
    flight-sim.org

Addon for Aerofly FS Global

【Only for Android / Aerofly FS Global】B777-300ER Addon / Optimizing Performance for Reality V3.0 Available Now! - Flight-Sim.org
    This MOD is made by orangedog. IPACS Jet-Pack contributed greatly to this achievement, he also permitted us to provide this mod Android! Thanks to him very…
    flight-sim.org

V3.0

What did I modify?

* The aerodynamic model modified again and again. Fix some errors when compare to real plane videos or PMDG777. Now it wouldn't pitch up some much on cruise. And joystick will be much heavier than before when landing. :)

* Modified the elasticity of the wing, so that it has close to the real physical performance at all times.

* Some changes have been made to EGT. But it doesn't quite match the real situation. :sleeping:

* Adjust the pilot view for a better control of PFD and outside.

* Now the auto spoiler will not be opened early, and the automatic brakes will not be activated early.

* Notice refer to FCOM: In B77w, you should adjust the airspeed to 5 knots more than VREF to resist gusty winds and obtain the best approach angle of attack! ;)

Follow the SOP and enjoy the perfect experience in your flight now!:saint:<3

User tutorial guide for custom payloads :

The unit of measurement is the kilogram

Fuel Change :

1. When you change the mass of fuel sum them and adjust the value.

2. Sum the value of all fuel on aircraft and adjust the valve of Fuel on board.

Payload Change :

1. Change the mass of payload and cargo.

2. Sum them and add 167832.0 to get the Zero Fuel Weight on your plane.

( ZeroFuelWeight = AircraftWeight 167.832t + PayloadWeight and CargoWeight )

Plane can only read these values to get total weight displayed on CDU in game.

Mass decides the physical weight in game.

File path for AFG on Android

Put the .tme file in below route:

0/Android/data/com.aerofly.aeroflyfsg1/files/xxxx.tme

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 12 times, last by orangedog433 (January 3, 2024 at 4:45 PM).

• orangedog433 Since you seem to aim for realistic aircraft ops, reverse thrust must only be applied once the nosewheel is firmly on the ground.

Idle reverse at main gear touchdown, but no reverse thrust.

Thank you for reminding me. Here are some details I missed in my operation. Because I don't see this in the normal procedure.

I consulted some friends in the civil aviation industry and experienced flight simulator players. But there are no real B777 pilots among them. It's hard for me to find such people on Chinese flight forums.

The reply I received was "the main mode of deceleration is still braking, in general, when the handle is pulled to the maximum thrust level, the engine delay response time is enough for the nose wheel to touch the ground", "perhaps the specific regulations vary by airline".

Here I checked the LATAM's flight manual. Nor did they mention the matter.:/

Also, I did not use a professional throttle rocker to control my reverse thrust. 😂

I used a button to activate it. So you'll see that when I press the button, the reverse thrust is set directly to the maximum thrust. The default throttle control provided by IPACS can set thrust reversals. However, it will directly interrupt the automatic throttle arm when using.

• Here I checked the LATAM's flight manual. Nor did they mention the matter.:/

FL54 OK, I found a description of the Boeing's reverse operation. The mechanical structure of the interlock restricts the movement of the reverse thrust handle until the reverse thrust sleeve is close to the deployed position.

A related description in an Airbus's video on normal procedures for crosswind landings: When facing a high crosswind landings, reverse can affect the operational efficiency of the rudder. Therefore, the reverse push should be maintained until the nose wheel aligns with the runway center line.

WorldWide Instructor News – FLIGHT OPERATIONS SUPPORT AND TRAINING STANDARDS

Also my friend who works in an Airbus supplier factory told me that "The manual does not clearly state that this procedure does not necessarily need to be fully implemented."😂

• The reply I received was "the main mode of deceleration is still braking, in general, when the handle is pulled to the maximum thrust level, the engine delay response time is enough for the nose wheel to touch the ground", "perhaps the specific regulations vary by airline".

1. Except in an emergency you don't use maximum reverse thrust IRL. Usually idle reverse is sufficient.

IRL, the autobrake system uses a specific deceleration value. More reverse thrust means less wheel braking. Using more that idle reverse thrust doesn't decrease the landing distance. There's certainly no need to rush the application of reverse thrust.

2. The reason why you wait until the nosewheel is firmly on the ground is that you need a lot of rudder and to counteract the swing if the engines spool up unevenly, even with the nosewheel on the ground.

On the 767 and 777 it's in the 'real' sim almost impossible to stay within the runway boundaries if an engine failure occurs between 30 an 60kts during takeoff.

Once you have experienced this scenario, it's common sense, not to apply reverse thrust with the nose still in the air.

Calculating reverse thrust with an 'expected' spool up delay doesn't make sense, because the engines start to spool up immediately.

Besides controlling the derotation, you would have to very carefully watch the N1/EPR gauges for any delevoping asymmetry. Furthermore derotation time varies a lot with touchdown pitch attitude and derotation technique.