• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Hello all,

I've been using this brilliant sim for eight-and-a-half years and humbly request one thing:

Can KMSP be made with 3D terminal buildings? (For both Mobile and PC)

-It is a large hub in the Midwestern United States. Seeing as KORD and many other nearby airports such as KDEN are 3D, wouldn't it make sense to add in this destination due to the myriad of Delta and Northwest planes in the sim? This would make me and certainly some others quite happy. Notably, the airport has runways in three separate directions as well as being the largest airport in the US with fully separate terminals. I ask for something quite basic and not quite on the same level as something as custom as LFPG. Some generic assets would likely make the airport present itself well. It has a diverse level of operations, ranging from small regional GA feeder services up to passenger services on the B787 and the occasional B747-400 charter. This is my home so I would like to fly there.

-The popular „Mall of America" is located just south of RWY 17/35, which makes departing from that runway unique in the sense that TO/GA or TO-B is almost always used. Speaking of TO-B, will it be fixed on the B737?

There are many concourses and aprons.

From West to East:

-Sun Country maintenance and Prime Air apron

-Delta Techops hangar

-Terminal 2 (Sun Country's base of operations, focus city for many ULCCs): Icelandair uses the B737MAX 9 to serve this terminal.

-Cargo Apron (Frequented by UPS and FedEx traffic)

-C130 wing: Home of an Airforce reserve base, fascinating aircraft including Air Force One have visited

-Terminal 1: Massive Delta Hub; there is an alley between the D and E piers and Concourse A is entirely detached, with a narrow alley between it and the rest of the terminal. The Boeing 737MAX can often be seen here in the colours of United and Alaska. There are always at least four of Delta's 163 B737-900ERS parked at this terminal at any given time.

-Delta secondary hangar: Another piece of Delta's massive presence

-Intercontinental hotel: Recently built, very modern with skyways branching from it to the tramway at T1

There is also a US Military Cemetery between RWY17 and RWY12R as well as large sporting complexes to the east of the airport at Fort Snelling. Southeast of the airport, the Mississippi river meets the Minnesota river at a notable confluence, but the valley is interesting since visual approaches are quite difficult due to lack of reference points. Vectoring for landing is also interesting. It's often quite windy and the airspace is quite crowded, so go-arounds aren't uncommon!

Thankfully, the elevation problems which existed at the launch of the global streaming have been sorted, with level terrain being present instead of the random spikes in downtown Minneapolis.

This concludes my overtly long article on the interesting points of KMSP! One day, I hope it can be included.

Please do feel free to share your thoughts in the comments. I'd love to hear them!

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited once, last by Thekingbuji333 (February 12, 2024 at 7:41 PM).

• Thekingbuji333 February 11, 2024 at 5:17 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “3D Airport and Livery Request(s)” to “3D Airport Request”.
  • The question still stands though: Will requests for airports even be taken?

There's a lot of "more interesting" airports and regions (sorry) that should be prioritized over Minneapolis. I've been playing Aerofly mobile since July 2015 and I would love to see my home airports get added (IAH, DFW, DAL, AUS), but other airports should be added first.

Maybe over time as more regions are complete, then the developers will start taking requests

• There's a lot of "more interesting" airports and regions (sorry) that should be prioritized over Minneapolis. I've been playing Aerofly mobile since July 2015 and I would love to see my home airports get added (IAH, DFW, DAL, AUS), but other airports should be added first.

Maybe over time as more regions are complete, then the developers will start taking requests

I guess, but I would argue that MSP is interesting considering its proximity to many hubs.

Having said that, I think airports in Texas or the entire Midwest region as a whole should eventually be added. However, we don't have many AAL planes (ex. B737) so it doesn't really make sense at this point, does it?

-Thekingbuji333

• We only have one Qantas livery, yet Australia now has custom 3D buildings :P

And American Airlines has 3 liveries in Aerofly, the A320, 777, and CRJ-900

I guess: I've asked for Qantaslink liveries but we'll have to see- I think people are annoyed by my requests so I'll slow down a fair bit

-AAL has a decent presence but Delta has liveries on:

A320 (and Northwest)

CRJ900

B737-500

B737-900

B747-400

-Thekingbuji333

• Yes, and you can fly those to places like SLC, LAX, JFK, BOS, SEA, etc.

In my opinion, Aerofly should prioritize regions that have existing liveries but no custom 3D buildings. For example, South Korea should be added for the Korean Air 737, 747, A380, and Air Busan 737-500.