Help for development of the A330.

• Get into the habit of naming everything as you make thing as lots of 'cylinders' don't really help.

Also remember to use Polish notation, (I think that is what it is called ) ie LeftWing or RightWing or SwitchToOperateSomethingReallyCool

Join the words together and use capitals.

• End of 3D modelling ????

Have you modelled inside of the flaps, spoilers, slats, U/C bays. Detailing for U/C, is it broken down into smaller parts as per the TMD requirements, IE upper and lower parts (difficult to see from pics) U/C doors need to be in closed position.

Area around nose looks wrinkled, maybe a shading issue or polygons not flowing smoothly. What does it look like with polygons and not Blenders modelling techniques.

Ensure all the wheels sit on a level plane, at the moment the nose is higher than the mains. This will cause issues when the model is eventually loaded into FS4 if not corrected.

Not being critical as it look great just passing on the many mistakes I have made along the way.

Steve

Edited once, last by larrylynx (March 25, 2024 at 12:13 AM).

• Well as far as I know, that is normal with the A330, that the nose gear is a little higher than the mains.

That is okay, just make sure to export the landing gear in the ground position (pre-loaded), not fully extended like it would be in the air.
    If the nose gear then raises the nose on the ground, that is allowed. Keep the fuselage perfectly level in the model...

• Hello,

Have you modelled inside of the flaps, spoilers, slats, U/C bays. Detailing for U/C, is it broken down into smaller parts as per the TMD requirements, IE upper and lower parts (difficult to see from pics) U/C doors need to be in closed position.

The inside of the flaps, spoilers, slats are modeled. In the U/C, all parts are separate.

Ensure all the wheels sit on a level plane, at the moment the nose is higher than the mains. This will cause issues when the model is eventually loaded into FS4 if not corrected.

I'll modify the front landing gear.

Area around nose looks wrinkled, maybe a shading issue or polygons not flowing smoothly. What does it look like with polygons and not Blenders modelling techniques.

I'll modify the fuselage polygons.

• Hello Ipacs, as you said earlier, you'd be willing to help me code the flight physics for the A330. I've started coding the rigidbody system :

I'll need help with the aerodynamics part.

• New
    • Official Post

Hello Ipacs, as you said earlier, you'd be willing to help me code the flight physics for the A330. I've started coding the rigidbody system :

I'll need help with the aerodynamics part.

For now just make a 1 to 1 copy of the a320.tmd and a320/base folder and just clear the GraphicsObjects section of the TMD files.

This way you already have an aircraft that flies, though invisible.

Next: add a rigidbodygraphics for the fuselage and dump all your object names into the geometry list.