• One of the things I want to see improved with Aerofly 2 is the aircraft shadows. If you see my overview, the aircraft seem to be 'over exposed' and the shadows do not seem to be as dark as they should be even though buildings etc. look fine.
    I found the following video on YouTube though and the Aircraft shadowing (the dark side of the aircraft) looks as dark as I would expect and a lot more natural. I'm not sure if this is the person's video recording and contrast handling that is causing this or if I am missing something. Can anyone comment?

The video with the darker shadowing that I prefer:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• One of the things I want to see improved with Aerofly 2 is the aircraft shadows. If you see my overview, the aircraft seem to be 'over exposed' and the shadows do not seem to be as dark as they should be even though buildings etc. look fine.
    I found the following video on YouTube though and the Aircraft shadowing (the dark side of the aircraft) looks as dark as I would expect and a lot more natural. I'm not sure if this is the person's video recording and contrast handling that is causing this or if I am missing something. Can anyone comment?

No, I agree with you that the shadow side seems over exposed in your video, and also sometimes so does the daylight side -- it can appear to be a "glowing" white. At least some of this may be due to differences in display type, or the particular aircraft flown.

Adak47

• I just had a look at this and I didn't notice it looking any different to how it looks on my iPad mini. Below are some pics - does this loom any different from what you get?

normal day time
    normal day time

this one looks like the nose is glowing red hot! Flying towards the sun at sunset
    same time as last
    same time as last

• Okay, tested this out last night and the iPod touch 5G has the darker, more natural looking shadows so it seems this is hardware specific as the Touch 5G and iPad mini 1G are both running the A5 processor. The iPad 2, Air 2, iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 all have the washed out shadows. I haven't dug out the iPhone 5 to test it on there. I'm going to open a new thread with comparative screenshots highlighting this issue for support.

• I prefer the shadows on the iPod and iPad mini. I wonder why they didn't make the shadows the same on the air 2 as these devices

I do not agree, sorry. Older devices only renders shadows from one unique point light (the sun), and some ambient gain is applied to materials for avoid too darkened objects. On the other hand, newer devices takes in consideration more light sources for the shadow rendering: sun, radiosity (indirect lightning from the environment), material reflection and so on. Of course, the engine use "tricks" to get it (shaders), but the result is a much more natural and lifelike light rendering.
    I think the lighting quality on newer devices is far superior to older ones. But it's only my opinion...

• Warper71 your opinion probably comes from a better perceptive than mine, since I've only seen the shadow rendering on lower end devices properly. All I have seen of the higher end graphics are the few photos that have been posted here. You have a point though, the better graphics will simulate light bouncing off the scenery. I'm going to open a thread for people to post pictures of the differences between higher end and lower end devices.

• I think when the sun is low in the sky, the dark side of the aircraft is still too bright, even accounting for environmental reflections. I'm speaking from the perspective of an amateur photographer who has shot his fair share of weddings and understands the use of lighting and shadows. That is probably why this lighting bothers me so much as the contrast is lacking on the higher spec devices in my opinion.

• Another thing for the wish list - we still don't have the piper archer, the swift s1, the robin DR400, the discus bm, the Beechcraft duchess or the wright flyer on Aerofly 2! I hope IPACS have plans to put these planes on in an upcoming update.

Edited once, last by Trisnpod: Forgot the duchess (March 1, 2015 at 1:14 AM).

• Another thing for the wish list - we still don't have the piper archer, the swift s1, the robin DR400, the discus bm, the Beechcraft duchess or the wright flyer on Aerofly 2! I hope IPACS have plans to put these planes on in an upcoming update.

+1 for match the full list of available planes between Aerofly 1 & 2.

• On infinite flight you can watch a replay and start flying from any point in it. I think this would be a good feature for aerofly as it is great for practicing landings.
    Also, the navigation feature draws a route that is often unsuitable for larger, faster, less manoeuvrable aircraft such as the 747 and the A320. I struggle to get a good landing when I have to turn right before landing. It should draw the route depending on the type of aircraft you are flying. The route also doesn't take takeoff into account and wants you to turn immediately after leaving the runway.

• If you leave 'Navigation' off you can do your own flight planning with the distance to the middle of the nearest airport shown on top. The wonderful SkyVector site is a great tool for proper navigation, right clicking an airport in SkyVector provides heaps of excellent information. As a general rule a big plane is best lined up 10 miles out about 3000 feet above the runway. A good trick at present is to take off on the opposite direction on the intended destination runway, ie 10 instead of 28, the ILS will then be alive at distance, nice.

• Hi, those are my Ideas.

1. Put more free planes, maybe some military.
    - Free P40 Warhawk.
    - Free A380
    - Free Dassault rafale M
    - Free Mig 15 bis
    - Paid P51 D mustang, with Red tails color
    - Paid C17 Us Air Force
    - Paid Sabre F86
    - Paid SU 27
    - Paid Helicopters

2. make an Online Mode, which you can create server Join server, And modify his own settings on the map.

3. You should add some radio sound effect like for taxi to runway, take off, asking for landing. And maybe Air traffic.

4. ( This will be the biggest point ) You should separate the Airbrake from the throttle, make a new button for airbrake, and add a wheel brake too.
    For more simulation, let us start the Plane with the buttons in the plane model, power on, electricity on, open/close the canopy, make the landing gear button in-plane. Those are for making a real full time flight simulator,
    Don't be afraid we will be confused of how to fly the plane make a Different flight school for each plane, and just teach the base of this plane, how to start it, basic maneuver etc.

5. Make the Map bigger, put more Airbase, and you should really put some Carriers.
    making a full world Map would be very great.

6. In-Game Real world conditions system, Too make it more realistic.

• Hi tadydrift, welcome to the forum. If you look around some of the threads on here multiplayer has already been suggested a few times, even once on this thread I think and the devs have said it wouldn't be possible due to device limitations. Because of the high standard graphics on aerofly it wouldn't be possible to have more than one plane flying around on the map. Radio has also been suggested and is a feature that is supposed to be coming up soon in an update.
    The devs also say they have plans to extend to map, but as mention in another thread you can already fly around the globe, just with lower res textures and no navigation support.
    I think it would take a while to make a flight school individual to each plane, and there wouldn't be much point; the same skills apply to pretty much every plane except the gliders. A seperate flight school for gliders would be good though. You can find many good tutorial videos on YouTube and some people here have even offered to make some and post them on this forum!
    I quite like the way that the brake is on the same slider as the throttle, and when the controls confusion glitch (as mention in the bugs thread) is fixed, it will work much better.
    Tristan