Aircraft Repaints and Previews Resolved!

• Dear colleagues,

today I took the opportunity to visit the office of IPACS.
    On my own laptop we could work to solve the problem with the aircraft converter.
    Now everything is fine and the solution will be published very shortly.

Please go on with repainting. Creating the final files will then be only a mouseclick away.

Regards
    Rodeo

[Blocked Image: http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Militaer/smilie_mil_051.gif]

Added attachment:

• Thanks for the local assistance. Good guy.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• Thanks to Rodeo, we today found and fixed an issue with the Aircraft Converter for Aerofly. We just updated the SDK with a bug fix, so please download the SDK again and reinstall the Aerofly FS 2 Aircraft Converter again.

Sorry for all the confusion this has caused.

• Thanks to Rodeo, we today found and fixed an issue with the Aircraft Converter for Aerofly. We just updated the SDK with a bug fix, so please download the SDK again and reinstall the Aerofly FS 2 Aircraft Converter again.

Sorry for all the confusion this has caused.

It is not resolved for me. I have downloaded the updated SDK. deleted the old one. Installed the new one. Ran the two installers for Content Converter and Aircraft Converter. Used the new convert.tmc file, made sure the repaint,tmr and model.tmc were edited with the proper repaint name. No Joy. Did not create a new Preview.ttx.

Found the log file. but I keep getting an error that the log file is invalid type file. I converted it a pdf and attached. I JUST EMAILED the log file to IPACS.

Log file converted to pdf.pdf

• YESSSSS !!!! It worked !!! My new repaints for the C172 and the DR 400 worked !!! Thank you very much Rodeo for helping us, some of the first repainters of these fantastic Aerofly FS2 airplanes !!! And thx to IPACS team for support !!!! Now it will be GREAAAAT !!!!

Best regards

• Great news HerveF,

I'm so curious. Any ... eh 'previews' available?

Here is my original RED. I have some cleaning up to do but the hard part in now done. Big thanks to Rodeo and IPACS.

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• Ray ,
    Thanks for all your info on this. To us newbies trying a repaint, could you tell us a little about how you deal with the various layers in the psd files (select just the color layer for change, and...) do you merge or flatten or delete any layers when you export the bmp? I am using GIMP 2.8 and as I load the psd file, I am asked by a Popup dialogue whether to convert the embedded color profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 to the "RGB working space (sRGB built-in) and I don't know what to do. If these issues are too elaborate to answer easily here, thanks anyway.

Dave

• Ray ,
    Thanks for all your info on this. To us newbies trying a repaint, could you tell us a little about how you deal with the various layers in the psd files (select just the color layer for change, and...) do you merge or flatten or delete any layers when you export the bmp? I am using GIMP 2.8 and as I load the psd file, I am asked by a Popup dialogue whether to convert the embedded color profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 to the "RGB working space (sRGB built-in) and I don't know what to do. If these issues are too elaborate to answer easily here, thanks anyway.

Dave

Hello Dave,

It is not nearly as complicated as that. I only use the bmp file 001/2. I use a graphics program designed for photo retouching and a free program named DXTbmp, a bitmap manipulator, made for editing flight sim repaints. I simply match the color of existing paint and paint over it and then add whatever colors I want. The original paint with the broad red stripe was a lot of trial and error to and looking at the aircraft in the sim a ton of times to see what I needed to adjust because I started with the plain white bmp. I did use the template IPACS provided to see the 'lines' to find the winglets and tail sections.

I never learned the layers and flattening and such. I have Photoshop CS but I only use it to open the psd and save it as a bmp so I can work with the bmps. They look fine to me.

Once I have a more or less completed bmp I can use a global change of color from one to another. It makes it real easy to get a red, blue, gold, gray version.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray ,
    OK - thanks much for the help!! When you save from the psd to the bmp, do you turn off the template lines layer before saving to the bmp? I also use DXtBmp but I'm not sure what I would use it for in this situation. I loaded into DxtBmp a bmp that I had output from the psd (which looks correctly colored) but the colors after loading are blues and purples - maybe I saved the bmp incorrectly? If I do use DxtBmp, do I save it as a 24 bit bmp?

Thanks again
    Dave

• Ray ,
    OK - thanks much for the help!! When you save from the psd to the bmp, do you turn off the template lines layer before saving to the bmp? I also use DXtBmp but I'm not sure what I would use it for in this situation. I loaded into DxtBmp a bmp that I had output from the psd (which looks correctly colored) but the colors after loading are blues and purples - maybe I saved the bmp incorrectly? If I do use DxtBmp, do I save it as a 24 bit bmp?

Thanks again
    Dave

I think I say no to any question when I save as a bmp from the psd. I have to use the DxtBMP to get the 24 bit BMP so it is mostly just an open the IPACS bmp with dxtbmp the immediately send it to the editor when all the work is done, I save that file and reload it back into DXTbmp and save as a 24 bit bmp. Of course it only takes a few seconds to make the transfer and save.

My program does not have layers but I do something similar by building onto existing saved files, it is just not straight forward as turning on or off a layer.

Regards,

Ray

• I am simply using GIMP 2.8 to repaint the psd file(s). GIMP shows all the layers including the helper lines - I turn them off when I export so they don't show in the BMP (I don't write over the original PSD). I use the paint brush, airbrush, lines, etc to draw the new paint job after having first placed some different colored stars on various areas of the two PSD files for the Learjet so I know which texture area is which after observing it in FS2. When I am ready to try a version, I export the psd to a BMP format but make sure to select 24 bit color in the Advanced Properties dialogue popup that shows up just as you export. Then run the content converter, place the new _color.ttx files in your repaint directory (X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\aircraft\lj45\MyLearjet1 )