Latest update feedback

• Considering most people's average download speeds, that might be an awful lot to ask........

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• No files are broken, it just seems the Steam client is getting confused for some reason. For now the safest thing to do is completely uninstall and then reinstall Aerofly FS 2. It doesn't look like a bug on our side.

This seems a little extreme... why not just issue an update that totally replaces all of the Monument Valley files with files IPACS is sure are good? A complete reinstall of 120 gb of data seems unnecessary for a problem with such a small area.

Ken

• No files are broken, it just seems the Steam client is getting confused for some reason. For now the safest thing to do is completely uninstall and then reinstall Aerofly FS 2. It doesn't look like a bug on our side.

Should we reformat the whole PC and burn a new bios also ? (;-)
    More seriously, are you telling us that potentially each time there's a release we might have to totally deinstall and reinstall AeroflyFS because Steam gets confused with updates and there's nothing you can do ?
    The only interest for us users of the steam platform was easy and semi-automated update, so if this is the issue please find another way for us to update, I would be overjoyed to get rid of that steam thing...

Even with fast internet acces (fibre) the download speed from Steam is very limited, we're talking about hours...

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Well, I bit the bullet and did a complete reinstall, mostly so I could report before others went through all that. Problem is not resolved.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Ha. Not hours, days and nights for me. I'm so far back in the woods that we don't even have Fiberglas yet - we are still using wooden boats. Fiber is a figment of someone's imagination. DSL is a biggie here. �� �� ��

I'm just going to avoid the bad tile area for now. Maybe the next big update with some new airplanes and AP upgrades will fix it. I'm hoping.

Regards,
    Ray

I actually had my internet upgraded yesterday to address this issue. If I'm going to be downloading things this enormous, tying up my connection for 19 and 20 hours and pretty much locking anyone else in the house out of the internet simply wasn't going to fly.

With my new connection, downloading Aeroflys 120gb of files took a much more sane 4 hours

Devons rig

• Yes, we are aware of this and working on a solution.

I don't want to be selfish, but that's pretty good news indeed. I don't want either to speak for others, but I can live for a while with this bug and wait patiently for a fix. I don't mind redownloading when the issue is identified and fixed by IPACS.

If we don't accept this we shouldn't load previews. What would have disturbed me is when the root cause remains unidentified, independant from IPACS and the problems max occur randomly each time an update gets downloaded...

Keep up the good work
    cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Well, after downloading the sim for the third time , I can report the issues seem to be resolved.

Devons rig

• The download issue should be fixed now. For some reason the Hi Res texture pack DLC still included old files.

I can confirm issues are now fixed; Version 2.0.1 EA4.10 20170406 (128077MB in files, which is approx. 8gb larger than it was).

FYI, I have an Nvidia 1050ti 4mb and latest drivers.

BTW, thanks to IPACS for this new DLC; it's beautiful country and will be a pleasure to fly over. Great job...

Ken

• I can confirm issues are now fixed; Version 2.0.1 EA4.10 20170406 (128077MB in files, which is approx. 8gb larger than it was).

FYI, I have an Nvidia 1050ti 4mb and latest drivers.

BTW, thanks to IPACS for this new DLC; it's beautiful country and will be a pleasure to fly over. Great job...

Thank you for reporting this.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff