Can AeroFly Access Shared 3d Objects

• As present Fscloudport and other methods that use 3d models accessed via a TSC file, require that the 3 models be copied into the folder where the TSC is located (or a subfolder of that folder). This means we are replicating the same 3d models into multiple locations. Not very efficient.

So is it possible to place 3d models in a common folder and let Aerofly know where to find them, so that any TSC file could access them?

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• I'm not qualified to answer this question but I know that some scenery objects are used on multiple airports using "xref".

E.g. you can have the same static aircraft and cars everywhere and then just use them for each airport without having to copy them over.

• A similar question is: Can I save / convert an own object in that kind, that it can be referenced similar as a xref object?

(A customer defined xref if you like)

I saw that all the xref objects are combined in a single tmb file like in xref_ch.

Are there naming / location conventions I have to use to handle them that way?

• Yes that would be fantastic. I know every time I download a FSCloudPort airport, those pesky water tower files are included. Even when no water towers were placed in the area. Easy to remove, but this is the point of the topic, seeing if we can find a better way.

• A similar question is: Can I save / convert an own object in that kind, that it can be referenced similar as a xref object?

(A customer defined xref if you like)

This the central question for the topic IMO.

Free hint (courtesy of Vogel69):

If you edit a Converter TMC file to replace <[string8][type][place]> with <[string8][type][trespassers]> and launch the converter, you cause an error.

Look then at the tm.log file, you get the following error message :

"ERROR: (type field must be 'default','place' or 'xref' -> 'trespassers' found)"

Hence, the answer to the upper question should be yes, but how exactly?

Could anybody at IPACS please provide details on how to gather objects in an XREF library ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 4.00GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Basically all objects can be collected in the xref-folder.

From the individual TMC files you only have to jump to them -- and this can be different for each user, because each one saves his TMC files differently.

The basic principle for the xref-folder on a Mac is:

• Macintosh HD/user/username/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/...
      • .../scenery/xref/object.tmb
      • .../addons/scenery/usa/places/iaco/iaco.tmc

From the IACO.TMC you can jump to the only 1x saved object with <[string8][type][../../../../scenery/xref/object]>.

Tschüss, Michael