I was really anxious to see something moving around Aerofly. I have not had a civil sim until now that worked in VR like AF2 did. For being a complete simulation for my offline training, I always felt that something was missing. The other nag was that the Switzerland DLC did not really provide an up to date sim experience like IRL. In 2020 I bough a sim with very high hopes and in 2022 VR is neither smooth nor textures are in a Switzerland Professional quality which I used to have in 2009.
Here my feedback - first off all, great job. Overall impression for me is excellent. I did a flight around Tenerife, where I grew up and I was very happy to see that the GCTS airport is no longer bumpy and you will not fall into invisible holes on the runway.
- Objects and forrest are looking good. I like the powerline mast around LSZP. It sembles the reality there when landing.
- Frames in VR at full Reverb G2 resolution - stutterfree.
- Clarity of the cockpits, superbe
- My old repaints work
- Traffic, nice gimmick without performance impact
What does not really convince me
- Texture resolution of the Canary Island is really low level. It is quite unsharp and mushy. Washed out.
- Mesh of Tenerife is probably around 76m+ The Teide is quite flat
- Switzerland textures apart from being low resolution, are before 2003, a bit recolred from the old Switzerland DLC, but from the same age.
- Weather, or not weather. Inexistant. POINT. no improvement in this area. Wettergeraet works as before
- Traffic. Nice to have it, Odd to have non HB rgistrations at a Swiss regional airport.
For me, the biggest dissapointment -> Switzerland ground textures and missing VFR reference points.
I have no problem if I have to pay for a Swiss DLC and addtional 180 bucks. This is the price Switzerland Professional was tagged for FSX at that time, but please give me a 10m mesh and 4k photo textures from 2020 onwards
Tomorrow I will fly more, will see what else we find