Aerofly FS airport creation tool ( early alpha version, work in progress )

• I wish the Robin DR400 can make its return to mobile with FS Global!

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• I have noticed, that in the ACT there are some x-ref models missing, which are in Aerofly FS 4.

Could they be added to the Airport-Creation-Tool, so there are more possiblities and ways to enhance the airport. (Especially the staticpeoples for smaller GA airfields) Otherwise these xref models have to be changed painfully slow in the tap-file.

• Oops, then I remember that I still have to complete my summary as an open to-do.😩

Nevertheless, here is a further addition:
    - Helipads are also still missing

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hi,

I made a new airport with the modeling tool but suddenly I have issues with the elevation :( Certain tarmac surfaces are hidden.

Airport EBBL. I tried already to manually increase the elevation to 61 (meter) but the problem remains.

Thx for your feedback!

• Hi svdm

Just try disabling temporarily like this, __elevation in Steam AFS4 base, and see if there is any change?

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Hi,

I made a new airport with the modeling tool but suddenly I have issues with the elevation :( Certain tarmac surfaces are hidden.

Airport EBBL. I tried already to manually increase the elevation to 61 (meter) but the problem remains.

Thx for your feedback!

There is the new update "Aerofly FS 4 Version 4.03.03.04 (20240105)". Everything here seems to be working fine for me at EBBL (20240106).:)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• Supplement to EBBL:

I noticed that around the level of the thresholds RW05L and RW23R, the original small technology houses are imported globally as buildings by FS4.

To remedy this, I suggest positioning a small TARMAC with a technology house at each of these locations.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I downloaded the file directly from ACT on January 6th, 2024 at 10:20 p.m.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Ok Michael,

That explains why it works. I had already 'downgraded' the version to the working December one. It would be good though to know what exactly
    made it bad. Perhaps somebody from the FS4 could take a look to the previous posted TAP file include in the zip of my previous post.

It contains both a working version and a bad one that shows a lot of big (too big) triangles in the texture. Changing elevation or airport height to 61 meters makes no difference.

Regards,

• It really seems to be the elevation that gets wrong at a certain point.

Due to the fact that the terrain in Switzerland is very hilly around the small airfields, I often have this issue.

In these cases, I place as a workaround an additional dummy tarmacs defined as "holes" in the runway extension or at the edge of the problem areas to either flatten or raise the terrain there.

It may then look like this (violet):

It's a bit a kind of a try and error workaround and takes some experience until the issue is fixed, but the only way that currently works.

It is also important to ensure that the dummy hole taramcs are not placed in the forests, otherwise the trees will be missing.

• Great idea :thumbup::) - why didn't I think of it before?X(

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: