About updates on September 22nd

• I noticed the Aerofly FS 4 update on September 22nd. Also I think the development log doesn't seem to be detailed enough. Some questions still need to be supplemented by developers.

(The following paragraph is from the update log of Steam)

Buildings, trees, aerial images and elevation data covering the entire simulated globe can now be streamed via the internet as an experimental feature. Streaming has to be enabled manually, in the main menu you can find a new networking button which brings you to the networking menu and the option to enable streaming.

————————————————

Some questions.

1. This seems to be very similar to the content of Aerofly FS 2024beta. Is there also a limit to the number of buildings in this feature of Aerofly FS 4?

2. Do the European and American files conflict with the previous three DLCs? Or does this mean I can uninstall those three DLCs?

————————————————

Thanks to the developer for the update.

Thousands of lights such as day, such as a dream, the end of the world at this time. :)

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

My question is: how far data streaming upsets existing scenery DLC?

Does it stream uncovered DLC areas only and keep DLC?

Will Aerofly be redownloaded or something? My internet connection should stream data, but redownload the whole thing takes 3 days in a row here.

Thanks

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• To my knowledge everything apart from already installed airports is streamed and all DLC data is ignored if you enable the new network data streaming option. The coverage is world wide, so if extents to new regions that were not covered by DLCs before.

The benefit of the streaming is that only a limited amount of data is downloaded at a time and the data is then cached for later. So even with a weaker connection you should be able to use the new streaming.

We're still experimenting with this, so feedback is more than welcome.

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

My question is: how far data streaming upsets existing scenery DLC?

Does it stream uncovered DLC areas only and keep DLC?

Will Aerofly be redownloaded or something? My internet connection should stream data, but redownload the whole thing takes 3 days in a row here.

Thanks

Bei mir geht das an,und los geht es mit Fliegen!!!!!!!!!! :)

Fehler...die Windkraftanlagen haben statt 3 Flügel jetzt 5 bei mir. =O :)

Ich bin von Dresden nach Düsseldorf geflogen,finde die Wälder etwas unscharf und verschwommen (nicht alle).

Die Dächer und Häuser,nicht alle... Flackern.

Alles auf Ultra 4K,und Vulkan.

Danke für die Arbeit,an das Team. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Enrico

• Que eu saiba, tudo, exceto os aeroportos já instalados, é transmitido e todos os dados DLC são ignorados se você ativar a nova opção de streaming de dados de rede. A cobertura é mundial, portanto, se estende a novas regiões que não eram cobertas por DLCs antes.

A vantagem do streaming é que apenas uma quantidade limitada de dados é baixada por vez e os dados são armazenados em cache para uso posterior. Portanto, mesmo com uma conexão mais fraca você deverá conseguir usar o novo streaming.

Ainda estamos experimentando isso, então feedback é mais que bem-vindo.

Is downloading streaming data now an option? This update didn't arrive for me. Where can I download this version?

• Is downloading streaming data now an option? This update didn't arrive for me. Where can I download this version?

It’s a beta. I suppose you have to select the beta channel from Steam

• DLC images are still used I think, I haven't fully tested it myself. If you have them installed already just keep them installed I guess :)

Full announcement:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    September 22, 2023 at 8:39 PM
  • So, I can't see my custom made photoscenery with the streaming enabled. So Europe and the US work fine, but for example the Hakodate-photoscenery (by Schnuffelduffel) doesn't work together with the streaming.

Streaming should override DLCs, if I had understood.

• As imagens DLC ainda são usadas, eu acho, ainda não testei completamente. Se você já os instalou, basta mantê-los instalados, eu acho:)

Anúncio completo:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Is it also available for the mobile version or just for PC? Enabling or disabling streaming data transmission would be an excellent option for those with weaker devices.

• DLC images are still used I think, I haven't fully tested it myself. If you have them installed already just keep them installed I guess :)

Full announcement:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Wow, amazing job everyone at IPACS.

Really hoping we can get that on mobile, but I feel like our devices won’t be able to handle that lol

• To my knowledge everything apart from already installed airports is streamed and all DLC data is ignored if you enable the new network data streaming option. The coverage is world wide, so if extents to new regions that were not covered by DLCs before.

The benefit of the streaming is that only a limited amount of data is downloaded at a time and the data is then cached for later. So even with a weaker connection you should be able to use the new streaming.

We're still experimenting with this, so feedback is more than welcome.

Another very important feedback

How many GB are these data in total? How many gigabytes does a (short, medium, long-haul) flight cost approximately? How many GB of storage space are recommended to reserve?

Thousands of lights such as day, such as a dream, the end of the world at this time. :)

• Tried the streaming and it's working really well. To make sure, I disabled EU and USA DLCs in the Steam properties. But now, I have a question how to enable 3d airports with streaming enabled? I flew over several airports, and no custom 3d objects were present. I only saw some terminals act as cultivation data, probably seen as a building in Open Street, or whatever IPACS is using (probably even Microsoft's buildings data).

I flew an approach to EGGP (Liverpool) and I was AMAZED by the number of buildings visible. Literally NONE of the current sims have a possibility to display that amount of objects with that performance. X-Plane 11/12 can, but FPS will suffer badly.

Full announcement:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)

More questions. Are you considering opening a pre-download service? Especially when I use a laptop, I may not always be able to stay connected to the Internet. For example, on an airplane.

Full announcement:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Is it possible to make it available for Afs24 mobile ? With the settings ?

Aviationly,

SkyX

• So, I can't see my custom made photoscenery with the streaming enabled. So Europe and the US work fine, but for example the Hakodate-photoscenery (by Schnuffelduffel) doesn't work together with the streaming.

For now streaming only uses data that was streamed as well as airports already installed. Other images and cultivation already installed are ignored at the moment.