Why is there no Navigraph support yet?

• To get by add two or three degrees to any planned Aerofly passages from one place to another. It seems to minimise the magnetic variation errors in the U.S. and Europe.

If you plot a course in a site like SkyVector add 2 or 3 degrees to any calculated heading.

(Tip for SkyVector. To remove the unhelpful real world weather wind component enter the time as 9900. It will set the wind to zero so you can properly allow for any Aerofly wind if desired instead).

• Back when I built the Missionsgerät (https://fboes.github.io/aerofly-missions/dist/), I had a simple model for the US and Europe to have the same magnetic variation as in AFS4. Now that we have global coverage this model is lacking.

Back than I found a file in AFS4 which seems to be the map of the magnetic variation, but I was unable to decompile it. This would have brought the magnetic model of AFS4 to the external flight planner.

But as the Missionsgerät is open source, maybe someone else wants to take their turn?

Back than I found a file in AFS4 which seems to be the map of the magnetic variation, but I was unable to decompile it. This would have brought the magnetic model of AFS4 to the external flight planner.

It could be this file:

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator/world/magnetic.tmm

IPACS Support

Is there any chance for us to decompile the file?

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Looking forward to the release of Global on iOS! I have only been a light user in the past, but looking to get more into with this release.

Does anybody use Navigraph to complement Aerofly? I would like to add a bit more realism but was wondering if I planned a route in Navigraph would I then be able to replicate it in Aerofly? Or is the database totally different due to using different AIRAC cycles? (I know you cant import flight plans etc)

For example will SIDs and STAR's be different? If a STAR was missing are you able to manually add into the Boeing and Airbus FMCs?

• Looking forward to the release of Global on iOS! I have only been a light user in the past, but looking to get more into with this release.

Does anybody use Navigraph to complement Aerofly? I would like to add a bit more realism but was wondering if I planned a route in Navigraph would I then be able to replicate it in Aerofly? Or is the database totally different due to using different AIRAC cycles? (I know you cant import flight plans etc)

For example will SIDs and STAR's be different? If a STAR was missing are you able to manually add into the Boeing and Airbus FMCs?

Well the SID's and STAR'S (AF 2023) do exist but their name won’t be the same so you would have to look through them in Aerofly to see which are the same. Im guess this is the same for global.

• I miss Navigraph support on the Aerofly because that way we would have updated airac. When the navigation data of a given simulator is out of date, an airac update is necessary, ensuring that the procedures (Sid, Star, Approach) and waypoints correspond to what is on the navigation charts. As there is no possibility of updating airac in Aerofly, the procedures end up not corresponding to the flight plans created in Simbrief and SkyVector. Another item that I miss about Aerofly are the high and low airways. In real life, traffic occurs along "roads" in the sky, which are called airways. Airways serve to separate one aircraft from another (avoiding collisions) and to organize airspace. When we create our flight plans, whether in Simbrief or SkyVector, we observe the existence of imaginary lines that are precisely the airways that are these "roads" where the aircraft fly.

• In these screenshots from the SkyVector website we see two route charts with several imaginary lines intersecting. They are blue high lanes (for flights above 24,500 feet) and black low lanes (for flights below 24,500 feet). Adding this feature to Aerofly would be great as a way to raise the level of realism. In addition, airways are also updated through Navigraph support.

• I discovered a flaw in the FMC. Several waypoints simply won't load. Initially the FMC even loads some waypoints but then an error message (format error) appears when I try to insert some more waypoints. There appears to be a disconnect between the FMC database and the fixes on the global map. To get around this error, I go back to the navigation menu and insert the missing waypoints of the route I want to take between airport A and B.

• I discovered a flaw in the FMC. Several waypoints simply won't load. Initially the FMC even loads some waypoints but then an error message (format error) appears when I try to insert some more waypoints. There appears to be a disconnect between the FMC database and the fixes on the global map. To get around this error, I go back to the navigation menu and insert the missing waypoints of the route I want to take between airport A and B.

this problem also occurs on my device.