• Considering that current release will be filled with more data in the future,
    loading times might become an issue for some.
    An average PC takes quite a time for the game initialization already.

I wonder how other users experience this and what the devs have on their mind.

thinking of: U.S. and Switzeland are loaded despite using 1 of the maps only,
    non-favourite content (plane types, liveries, flight school, etc.etc.) could be reduced
    if users could save their personlized content settings.
    Load what you need, save what you don't need?

• Most of the loading time is caused by the low disc reading speed and the slow graphics card upload bottleneck. Aerofly already only loads what is needed when you press fly (your aircraft in the selected livery and the scenery around the current location) - this is the reason why its so fast in general. If we were increase the complexity of the simulation, the total amount of data loaded will remain similar in size. Complexity will increase the CPU load (by a tiny amount) but it does not really affect the loading times.

Reducing the number of aircraft only saves you time when you press on "aircraft" and wait for the aircraft images to show up. There is no other benefit, maybe except saving maybe a gigabyte of disc space... Compared to the 98GB of scenery I have right now this is literally nothing...

Same with the flight school, its contents are only loaded when you are starting the flight, the stuff in the menu is just text, that is so small in size, there is literally nothing you could optimize.

If you want faster loading speeds, install an SSD and a hyperthreading CPU (e.g. i7), free up some RAM, close other 3D applications or video players, etc.

Regards,

Jan

• What loading time? I have 0 loading time perceived! In FSX I had 8 minutes back then. 1 minute with SSD later.
    AFS2 loads in seconds (SSD). Absolutely amazing! Great job IPACS! :D

• Interresting observation. I'm also using an SSD and while Aerofly FS1 was availabe almost immediately, FS2 takes much longer.
    P3D on the other hand seems to be a tad faster than FS2, to be more precise: P3D 7sec to the main menu and another 9sec into the sim.

• Your SSD seems broken.
    Loading of AFS2 to main menu: 7,64 sec
    Into the game: 2,15 sec
    This is on a 4 years old Windows installation.

P3D (no addons) to menu: 8,04 sec
    Into the game: 15,50 sec

:cool:

• Excellent precision, my old i7 1.6 GHz laptop took something over 4 mins and 44 seconds to load FSX, that was the microwave ping telling me that my (big) mug of hot water was ready for its instant coffee. Simming on coffee was a lot better than simming after a few beers! A boot into Windows and into FSX would give me time to get the real coffee out.:mad:

• Hmmmmmmm..... Try waiting for X-Plane to load!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• the loading time of Aerofly FS 2 is hardly influenced by the number of installed sceneries or data in general. It should have virtually no impact at all.

If run you Aerofly FS 2 repeatedly without rebooting your system, loading time will also vary greatly as Windows caches previously loaded files. So you might benefit if you add more memory to your system.

• I have 32gb, as well as ssd's so that might explain why loading time is pretty much a non-issue for me?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Your SSD seems broken.
    Loading of AFS2 to main menu: 7,64 sec
    Into the game: 2,15 sec

2sec at the first start after windows has booted? That's very impressive, nevertheless I don't think one of my SSDs is broken....

• thanks guys (all) for this initial guidance.
    SSD seems to make be the most obvious difference i am learning.

wanna help me and anyone reading build an affordable top-system here and now, all together?

(forget the case and external device stuff, just focus on the combination
    of HD, cpu, rams, video card, and anything else that has an impact on performance, stability and longlast).

thanks in advance, and don't be afraid to name your favourite brand, product type or even cost,
    otherwise i will guess around for no learning benefit.

• thanks guys (all) for this initial guidance.
    SSD seems to make be the most obvious difference i am learning.

wanna help me and anyone reading build an affordable top-system here and now, all together?

(forget the case and external device stuff, just focus on the combination
    of HD, cpu, rams, video card, and anything else that has an impact on performance, stability and longlast).

thanks in advance, and don't be afraid to name your favourite brand, product type or even cost,
    otherwise i will guess around for no learning benefit.

Well, here is my system. I would have posted it here long ago, but as far as I can see, this forum doesn't allow signatures.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / LG IPS236 1920 x 1080 Led Monitor / 2-X Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / EVGA Z170 Classified K Motherboard

Devons rig

• 2sec at the first start after windows has booted? That's very impressive, nevertheless I don't think one of my SSDs is broken....

Hello,
    this "SSD is broken" was more like a poor joke, sorry.

I tested it again just now two times with new Windows start (RAM/cache empty).

1. to menu 7,61 sec into game very small airport (desert) 1,61 sec.
    2. to menu 7,31 sec into game with big city/airport (Los Angeles) 9,38 sec.

By the way, it tooks much, much longer to start Oculus Home and Steam. :)

Edit: I use an old Samsung SSD 840 250GB. My CPU is an i5-4670K@4,4GHz. Graphics card is GTX1080. RAM is an Crucial Ballistix Sport Kit (16GB, DDR3-1600, CL9-9-9-24).