Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Mac Version Released!

• Are you running with the latest graphics card drivers from nvidia or amd?

I am running the latest mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 with default divers that is included in mac OS. Can I use the drivers from amd website?

I am using the macbook pro 15" 2015 mid with AMD Radeon R9 M370X.

• Can i use VR on Macbook pro version using say an Oculus Rift?

Thanks

Oculus Rift is not compatible with Mac at this time. You can't use VR mode.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I have both a windows copy of FS2 (Steam) and now the Mac copy. I noticed that both copies of the default install (only SW area, no addons) are roughly the same size ~33GB) But I noticed that the default world scenery seems to be of a higher resolution on the Windows version. Is this the case? If so, is there any way to improve this for the Mac version?

Thanks,

Rob

• Any update on when DLC may become available for the Mac version?

Is it the same file format? Could I purchase the Windows DLC under my Steam account and dump the files across to /Users/markavey/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons or is not as simple as that? 😄

• No, this should not be the case. The base Aerofly FS 2 on Mac and Windows are the same. They just differ in some quality settings, but not in the quality of the aerial images. We intend to offer our Windows DLCs on the Mac as well, its slightly difficult however using the Mac App Store.

Hi,

do you have any update on the availability of the other sceneries also for the Mac version, e.g. East Coast and NYC, or Innsbruck?

thanks for the info

Cheers, W.

• It has become clear to me that the Mac version will receive little to no love here... (considering the lack of response from Aerofly and the number of users that have posted, with concerns for the Mac version, would comfortably fit on a mini van!)

• It has become clear to me that the Mac version will receive little to no love here... (considering the lack of response from Aerofly and the number of users that have posted, with concerns for the Mac version, would comfortably fit on a mini van!)

I've got some concerns with the Mac version but judging by the lack of Mac specific posts I'm not hopeful of getting any answers.

• We give the same love to users of all platforms. Some platforms do have limitations though that in order for us to update them it may just take a little bit longer.

We haven't responded because we were all working hard to release a major update for the PC version. We will update the Mac version but have to navigate through a more difficult Apple update path.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• We give the same love to users of all platforms. Some platforms do have limitations though that in order for us to update them it may just take a little bit longer.

We haven't responded because we were all working hard to release a major update for the PC version. We will update the Mac version but have to navigate through a more difficult Apple update path.

With all due respect, claiming that Mac updates may take a little bit longer seems a little disingenuous. We have been waiting since February to simply be able to use the NY scenery that exists on the Windows side. Please do not say that this is a development issue. It seems to me you are simply choosing not to deal with the Mac App Store. Dare I ask when this new update will find its way to the Mac version?

(I get that you are merely the cook and do not own the restaurant, but you have assumed the role of maitre d and our table is taking way too long!)

• With all due respect, claiming that Mac updates may take a little bit longer seems a little disingenuous. We have been waiting since February to simply be able to use the NY scenery that exists on the Windows side. Please do not say that this is a development issue. It seems to me you are simply choosing not to deal with the Mac App Store. Dare I ask when this new update will find its way to the Mac version?

(I get that you are merely the cook and do not own the restaurant, but you have assumed the role of maitre d and our table is taking way too long!)

....or at least make the Swiss scenery available. It worked very well on the iMac as a stand alone version of AreofFly

...I guess, this would not be too much work;-)

• We haven't responded because we were all working hard to release a major update for the PC version. We will update the Mac version but have to navigate through a more difficult Apple update path.

.... Which begs the question on why the Apple App Store was chosen as a medium to distribute?. I'm no expert on marketing etc... but if it was on Steam in sync with the Windows version (for the same price and available as a multiplatform purchase) then surely you'd attract the Mac OS market share, just as Laminar Research did with X-Plane (and it's something like 30% of their userbase). I think the mistake is that you're treating Mac users differently, and LR don't.

• Thank you for your posting. The screenshot function is indeed broken on Mac OS. We will try to fix this with the next update.

This was posted Feb. 8, 2018. The "next" update would be the Version 2.4.5 just released this month (Dec. 27, 2018 or so), and I was hoping the screenshot problem would be fixed. If so, I have not been able to find them anywhere. The sim pauses to take the screenshot, so something is going on -- but no screenshot files are created (as verified by a spotlight search failing to show any screenshot files with the same date I took it).

I have discovered the Grand Canyon scenery in FS 2, and it is spectacular! Also the Corsair (my favorite) seems to look better than ever. However, I find it hard to do clean aerobatics (like a spit-S done through the Golden Gate bridge) using a gamepad. I was hoping mouse flight control would be enabled in the new release, but apparently not.

Overall, the technical detail put into the scenery and flight dynamics is astounding, and I very much enjoy flying with this new sim. I wish the Switzerland (and other) scenery were available as In-App ad-ons, but again, the Apple store is only offering the sim itself, not any of the add-ons for it. I'm looking forward to those! :)

• I found screenshot folder at

~/Library/⁨⁩Containers⁩/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac⁩/Data/Library⁩/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2⁩/screenshots⁩

but all images are black.

Same here. My spotlight search didn't find these because I searched for "screenshot..." and FS 2 uses a different convention for naming them. These files are huge (11 MB ) because they are in bmp format, not jpg. So I am glad your tip helped me locate them so I can delete the 19 images stored there. Thanks!

• Dear developers

Thank you very much for your recent update with great features I would like to check out. But unfortunately there is always an error while downloading the update. This happened six times while downloading the 11GB batch. Therefore I decided to delete the entire FS2 on my Mac. At the moment it seems that I can't download the the game anymore, as on the Mac App store the download is again 11GB and not the supposed 33GB for the entire sim. Any idea what went wrong?

My system looks as follows:

iMac, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7,

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB,

Thank you so much for your help.

Best, Robert