Aerosoft just released Helgoland for AeroflyFS2

• http://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simu…/2343/helgoland

Contains EDXB Büsum for flights to/from the mainland. Just downloading, will try it tonight.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Strange. I just installed it and the airports show up on the map. It's installed under C: and I don't think you can change this, which I don't like that much, but installation as such works for me.

I have the Steam version as well.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Yes, just buy it but the automatic installation seems don't work with the AFS2 steam version, don't know how to install it.

That is a steam bug, when you select the game from your library there are nummerous checkboxes in the middle, just uncheck and check the box for the DLC, that should start the download.

• It's gorgeous! It even has vehicle traffic, a bus or two anyway.

It's important to think of it as a small airport add-on, with just a smallish amount of area scenery around it. If you think of it as a bigger region you will be disappointed. The two islands are fairly tiny, and that plus some ships are what you get.

I thought it was important to buy it to show Aerosoft that FS 2 has a fan base that is willing to spend. I am pleased by it, and it shows what we have to look forward to if 3rd party developers start supporting the sim.

• I just downloaded and installed Helgoland for AFS2 but I am still looking for the installation program that sets the resolution. I am disappointed that around the mainland airport area it is fuzzy. The windmills look great but the terrain in very low resolution until to get to the immediate airport area which is very nice. I am sure there is a setting someplace to select HD or something similar. I just haven't the time to dig it out.

Regards,

Ray

• I just downloaded and installed Helgoland for AFS2 but I am still looking for the installation program that sets the resolution. I am disappointed that around the mainland airport area it is fuzzy. The windmills look great but the terrain in very low resolution until to get to the immediate airport area which is very nice. I am sure there is a setting someplace to select HD or something similar. I just haven't the time to dig it out.

Regards,

Ray

This low resolution terrain may be caused by some of my FSET that may still be lingering. I thought I had cleared out all my custom stuff. I also haven’t tried the other approach which would be to uninstall the Aerosoft version and see what comes up with a fresh start.

We have guests today and tomorrow so I don’t have time to troubleshoot the problem.

I made a circuit or two around the Island but I failed to find the female jogger. We need a helicopter. I did see the van roving around the airport, butthe people looked static.

Regards,

Ray

• It's installed under C: and I don't think you can change this, which I don't like that much, but installation as such works for me.

Have not tried yet, but it seems to me that after the installation using the AS default installer, the complete folder structure can be manually moved to another drive on which all user content files are placed, to save disk space in C:. There is a text file from the AS installer related to the uninstallation that I also think could be edited reflecting the final driver location.

Cheers, Ed

• First try tonight. Helgoland scenery is beautiful and really fun to landing on this island. But for Busum unfortunately the area resolution is very too low, that's too bad the cultivation and wind turbine farm are great. Better photo resolution and this scenery will be great.

• I installed into the root drive (without an option). However, I told Aerosoft on their forum that I am not too happy with this. They will release a new installer for issues like Raspou's anyway soon. Maybe they understand not anyone wants to fill his root drive with flightsim sceneries and give an option. Maybe.

Kind regards, Michael