Aerofly FS 2 Robinson R22 Helicopter Released!

• Hi everyone.Im new to the R 22 helicopter.Is there a way to set the controls for a beginner or novic.How is that achieved.I tried for over an hour to set my joystick and tried figuring out the easy set up.Thanks for anyone that can fill me in on how to fly like a novice.

When you select your R22 from the aircraft menu there is a check box for flying the professional version. If you don't check that box you are already in novice mode.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Was ich fast vergessen hätte zu sagen! Absolut super! :D

Das fliegen im Profimodus erinnert mich an die Worte meines alten Fluglehrers: "Marco - immer ins T-Shirt kotzen - niemals ins Cockpit!" ( Alter Pilotentrick ) <X^^

• Will this be released soon for us that don't use Steam?

Yes. Please give us some time to do so.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• When will the DVD version R22 update be available?

Read above. This was literally just answered

Regards,

Jeff

• I have to admit, I was feeling pretty good, having mastered the helicopter in just a few hours or less. Then I noticed the "profi" button, and the reality is that I won't be seeing my family any time soon.

Seriously, what a great addition to a wonderful simulator. The attention to detail is obvious, and the immersion of taking off from skyscrapers in LA, or the mountain top at Schilthorn in Switzerland is just fantastic.

Thanks so much for all the hard work.

Ray

• Sounds awesome. How do we get this for the Mac version?

Mac version will be worked on but please give us some time.

Regards,

Jeff

• Don't assign the throttle in the helicopter, that is automatically controlled by the governor, you should not interfere with that.

The axis on your joystick that you normally use for throttle should be assigned to the collective. You don't need the throttle in the R22 unless you want to cut the engine and restart it.

"throttle axis" -> Collective

Elevator -> Cyclic pitch

Aileron -> Cyclic roll

Rudder -> Tail rotor

nothing* -> throttle

nothing* -> governor

* unless you really know what you are doing

• drhotwing1 (IPACS) December 7, 2018 at 4:07 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Aerofly FS 2 Robinson R22 Helicopter Released Today on Steam!” to “Aerofly FS 2 Robinson R22 Helicopter Released!”.
  • Just flown this for the first time, and I have to say: what an utter delight! Beautiful little chopper, so easy to handle and especially to hover in.

There's a lot of places I'm going to explore now :)

Edited once, last by steveiy: EDITED: found the Profi mode. A little more twitchy but still way more controllable than the Huey in DCS. VR makes it an absolute breeze. Been flying round SF landing on skyscrapers and discovered a new VR thing for me - a fear of heights! (December 8, 2018 at 2:38 PM).

• Thanks for this nice heli!! I have no experience with it (in real) but it is so much fun!! First I tried the Easy mode. Instant fun. I did a short trip . Now I try to master the pro mode. Tippy toes!!! Thanks again team Ipacs!

(

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    my silly attempt)

• Wow! I'm really looking forward to flying this baby, especially from KJRB, since I find myself looking over at the helipad several times a week, during my commute to work over the Brooklyn Bridge.

Those are some really nice paint schemes as well. That blue one just happens to be the exact color of my new car, so you know which one I'll be flying on my maiden flight ;)

Thanks Ipacs!

Now, in my kid voice........ouu, ouu, can we get a Bell 407 next??? :D

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited once, last by Redtail (December 30, 2018 at 9:35 AM).

• Took that maiden flight a few hours ago and I'm really impressed!

First thing I did was turn on profi mode. Lifted off from the Downtown Manhattan heliport, briefly danced a bit until my feet woke up and the rest is history. Flew at 500 AGL over the Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg bridges, then proceeded northbound over the East River (as I've done many times IRL at 1500' in fixed wing aircraft). After passing Roosevelt Island, I headed over to Central Park, then reversed course for the Empire State Building at 1000', looped around her and came in for a landing on the roof of the Metlife building (formerly the Pan Am building) which used to have a heliport.

Departed and headed south for "The Lady", did a few left orbits then came to a hover at 200AGL and was able to maintain a stable hover for several minutes before sitting her down on Liberty Island. Next I will crank up the winds to add challenge, but so far, I must say...

The R-22 is an absolute dream to fly!!!

One minor critique about the scenery. The bridges are well lit as in real life, however, the heliport is not. This was also the case in X-Plane's third party NYC scenery package (which I modded myself to add helipad lighting). Not sure why proper lighting is overlooked, but this is one of the most important and active heliports in NYC! Please look into adding proper night lighting.

Overall, the R-22 is a blast!

Thanks Ipacs.

I added the windsock, signage and ALL of the heliport lighting in this video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited 3 times, last by Redtail (January 2, 2019 at 6:58 AM).