CASA 212 now available

• Thanks Argivo! It's wonderful. Been flying all day! Now after finding out what condition levers are I'll be flying some more😀

I just have one question. Is the light with battery and generator 1&2 supposed to be red? It won't turn of. I just presumed red is danger...? I saw your video and it's the same there

• Hi Argivo,

What a great start on a C212 you have made!!! This really brings make great memories for me, as I used be Chief Pilot for a company flying C212-200's on survey for many years back in the 90s. I also flew the actual C212-400 aircraft, VH-VHB that JetJockey10 linked to earlier in this thread. I picked this airplane up brand new at the factory in Seville back in 2004, and ferried it out to Australia, before taking it (and it's twin VHA) down to Antarctica for our first season for the Australian Antarctic Division. These 2 planes are named "Ginger" and "Gadget" respectively, named after 2 of Mawson's favorite sledge-dogs. Even though I've been far away from the CASAs for a number of years now, I am still a current TRE (Flight Examiner) on type and as my airline isn't going anywhere at the moment due to COVID-19, I have recently been back in the C212 for some refresher training and will be doing a couple of type-ratings with new crew for an Australian operator. Not sure what level of fidelity you intend to take this model, but I'll be very happy to assist in any way I can. I have all documentation in my library, Flight Manuals, QRHs and Garrett TPE331 manuals, so sing out with anything I can pass onto you.

Best - Eivind

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Hi Argivo,

What a great start on a C212 you have made!!! This really brings make great memories for me, as I used be Chief Pilot for a company flying C212-200's on survey for many years back in the 90s. I also flew the actual C212-400 aircraft, VH-VHB that JetJockey10 linked to earlier in this thread. I picked this airplane up brand new at the factory in Seville back in 2004, and ferried it out to Australia, before taking it (and it's twin VHA) down to Antarctica for our first season for the Australian Antarctic Division. These 2 planes are named "Ginger" and "Gadget" respectively, named after 2 of Mawson's favorite sledge-dogs. Even though I've been far away from the CASAs for a number of years now, I am still a current TRE (Flight Examiner) on type and as my airline isn't going anywhere at the moment due to COVID-19, I have recently been back in the C212 for some refresher training and will be doing a couple of type-ratings with new crew for an Australian operator. Not sure what level of fidelity you intend to take this model, but I'll be very happy to assist in any way I can. I have all documentation in my library, Flight Manuals, QRHs and Garrett TPE331 manuals, so sing out with anything I can pass onto you.

Best - Eivind

Awesome, I'm so amazed at the expertise and capabilities on this forum. A buddy of mine is a doctor in Antarctica now and has had a few winters down there over the years. Had been based in Perth prior but I think he's with the Kiwi's on this trip. I wonder if he's been on board Ginger or Gadget. We've got a Whatsapp going so I'll ask him.

Are there any PDFs you could share about this aircraft?

• Hi Argivo,

Best - Eivind

Hi Oz, Im very happy to hear you and AFS2 comunity are enjoying my work, I really apreciate your offer to give more information about the CASA but the truth is I cant make it more reallistic, for me its just a hobby, I enjoy making 3d models but Im very far to be an expert on flight models (real life and AFS2 ^^). In fact I started a new Project yesterday

Saludos, Raúl

• Awesome, I'm so amazed at the expertise and capabilities on this forum. A buddy of mine is a doctor in Antarctica now and has had a few winters down there over the years. Had been based in Perth prior but I think he's with the Kiwi's on this trip. I wonder if he's been on board Ginger or Gadget. We've got a Whatsapp going so I'll ask him.

Are there any PDFs you could share about this aircraft?G'day Phil

G'day Phil - I only have hard-copy of the -200 stuff, but can easily do a PDF of pages of interest - just let me know what you're after. I have PDF's of a bunch of -400 stuff, but it is quite different with a glass-cockpit, SRL-computers for the engine management etc. Send me a PM and we'll talk. I'm too dumb with computers to develop the aircraft model, but very happy to assist with practical "real-life" input. Cheers

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Thanks Argivo! It's wonderful. Been flying all day! Now after finding out what condition levers are I'll be flying some more😀

I just have one question. Is the light with battery and generator 1&2 supposed to be red? It won't turn of. I just presumed red is danger...? I saw your video and it's the same there

Hi Thuster, yes battery light an others must be on, the light only means ON no matter the color

• Looks great! Thanks. I am finding the starting video a little hard to follow. Is there anything in writing that could provide the same starting sequences? Is "cold and dark" the only option to your 212? Thank you again. Looking forward to flying (once I get it started) :)

• Looks great! Thanks. I am finding the starting video a little hard to follow. Is there anything in writing that could provide the same starting sequences? Is "cold and dark" the only option to your 212? Thank you again. Looking forward to flying (once I get it started) :)

• BAT NO 1 / BAT NO 2 / BAT NO 3 ==> ON
    • ENGINE LEFT ==> IGNITION
    • CONDITION LEFT ==> MIDDLE
    • CHECK
    • ENGINE LEFT ==> IGNITION -> NORM
    • GENERATOR LEFT ==> ON
    • ENGINE RIGHT ==> IGNITION
    • CONDITION RIGHT ==> MIDDLE
    • CHECK
    • ENGINE RIGHT ==> IGNITION -> NORM
    • GENERATOR RIGHT ==> ON
    • AVIONICS MASTER ==> ON

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

Edited 2 times, last by ApfelFlieger (April 11, 2020 at 7:25 PM).

• What is the little RED LEVER for?

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries