Aerofly FS 2 Steam Previous Alpha Builds

• Problem** with Navigation data for Belgium International Airports in created scenery?

Thanks for the update. I have a problem with the navigation to and from airports a have created in a custom scenery in Belgium.

I have no problem to locate these created airports EBAW (Antwerp) and EBBR (Brusssels) via search or on the location map and to fly in the created 3D scenery as before in the Beta, but I can not create a flight plan in the Alpha. On the navigation page I can search and find EBAW or EBBR in correct syntax in scenery/airports folder but no navigation data (ORIG, RWY, DEP, ARR, APP) is available for the airports. What do I do wrong?

Regards Patric

**Edited Alpha 3 aug: Line trough parts that are working now: new info in Italic

Edited once, last by bas756: New Alpha 3 aug (August 3, 2020 at 9:56 PM).

• Problem with Navigation data for Belgium International Airports in created scenery?

Thanks for the update. I have a problem with the navigation to and from airports a have created in a custom scenery in Belgium.

I have no problem to locate these created airports EBAW (Antwerp) and EBBR (Brusssels) via search or on the location map and to fly in the created 3D scenery as before in the Beta, but I can not create a flight plan in the Alfa. On the navigation page I can search and find EBAW or EBBR but no navigation data (ORIG, RWY, DEP, ARR, APP) is available for the airports. What do I do wrong?

When you click on the RWY label in the left hand column are there no runways available?

• Problem with Navigation data for Belgium International Airports in created scenery?

Some extra information concerning the previous message about the problem with Navigation data while creating a flight plan from EBAW to EBBR. --> The ILS for RWY 29 EBAW (Antwerp) IAD 111.75 is still working fine! (In this Alpha and Previous Beta).

Extra info about previous reported problems all current versions also in the Alpha 3 aug:

- some ILS in The Netherlands EHRD, EHAM (some RWYs), .... with a wrong location or only GS not working are still a problem in this Alpha!

- On my system with GPU Nvidia1080Ti Vulkan only works in Oculus VR with old Nvidia driver 442.59.

Regards Patric

** edited Alpha 3 aug: line trough things that are working now, new info in Italic

Edited once, last by bas756 (August 3, 2020 at 9:59 PM).

• When you click on the RWY label in the left hand column are there no runways available?

Thank for the fast response!

Indeed no runways available when clicking left hand column after the search for EBAW and entering.

Clicking the airport on map (or after search) also does not give the screen "Set as origin" Set as destination"

Regards

Patric

• OK, this may be an issue with the add-on scenery, can you please check if that occurs with default scenery at all?

There are several ways how add-on scenery could break, either missing icao identifiers in the tsc or folder names to name some.

This is not happening in the default scenery at all. Also not in ORBX scenery's and not in Antoines Paris VFR scenery. This morning I have checked intensively to see if I could find any differences in TSC and (ICAO naming eo. and the directory structure). Have also tried to created a separate airport folder under scenery. Till now I did not find an error. I use a extra user folder defined in the main.mcf as:

<[string8][extra_user_folder][P:\AFS2]>

I have added screenshot with the folder structure for P:\AFS2 and first part of the ebaw_antwerp.tsc

Modified all folders and tsc filenames in lower case now , no white spaces . folders and TSC files starting with ICAO in lower case

Regards

Patric

** Edited Alpha 3 aug: line trough working info, new info in Italic

Edited once, last by bas756 (August 3, 2020 at 10:04 PM).

• Version 2.05.00.04 (20200731)

There are some GPS variation and CDI oddities remaining.

The VOR list still give TRUE bearings. The flight plan list and map pages show Magnetic. Yesterday 31 August, the main GPS would revert to TRUE after multiple turns, reversals and CDI scale auto changes. The manual CDI scale selection does not work.

The CDI scale selected is not displayed on the Flight Plan page, this is different from the real 530 & 430 GPS. If we are to rely on the displayed flight phase for CDI scale information can it reflect the real world values please, 5.0 nm Enroute, 1.0 nm Terminal and 0.3 nm Approach. The information given should be reliable and dependable.

Here HST is selected and displayed on the Arrow GPS and VOR2 on a chosen 084 magnetic inbound track. The track flown is 094 magnetic on the 274 radial (094 To), checked against the VOR list True bearing corrected to magnetic.

This setting displays the VOR CDI on ten degrees fly right and the GPS CDI on a setting dependent on the distance out and the auto selected CDI scale.

The VOR DME shows 1.9 nm and the GPS shows APR and a half scale deflection.

Sin 10 degrees * 1.9nm is 0.3299 nm for 1/2 scale or 0.6599 nm full scale. This is not a real world value.

The GPS distance gives a 0.6 nm scale.

The displayed CDI for ZBV ten degrees offset at 60 nm out (10 nm offset) was a 1/10 scale deflection which means the full scale deflection was 100 nm. This is an utterly useless scale, it would serve a track error of 59 degrees at (expected) 60 miles out, which is far beyond the worst navigation performance imaginable.

Can the real world only scales be used?, Garmin use them because they are practical.

Thanks again for the brilliant improvements.

Later ...Is it possible that you are mixing up the auto range selections (including 100nm) with the auto CDI (5 nm and lower) in setting up the sim GPS?

Edited 4 times, last by Overloaded (August 1, 2020 at 7:44 PM).

• Also here the A320 just constantly turned to the left until I went switched into heading mode.

After some time I pressed the heading button again to try to let it detect the flight path again, but although I flew directly through the flight path the plane did not capture it again and took over, it just continued flying the present heading and searched for the path.

Edit: After setting the location of the plane a bit ahead on the flight path the plane caught the flight path after a lot of struggling. It also all the time wanted to descent although the altitude was still locked in. But even then the plane was not centered on the flight path but always next to it on the right. And as soon as the next 90 degree turn came the plane went off to the left and never came back on track.

Edit: The sounds of the speed brakes, cabin calls and of seatbelt signs / no smoking signs are missing

Edit: It did not even capture the ILS of Phoenix. It is now constantly going left and right with angles of around 10 degrees.

Edit: The tower view is gone.

Edited 4 times, last by Pilzkopp (August 2, 2020 at 12:09 AM).

• This is a bug report for the alpha software (second release), but I decided to start a new thread as there are a number of issues that may require further discussion.

With "Before Engine Start" selected on the aircraft location screen, the initial state of the King Air C90 GTx has the following errors:

1. Avionics master is ON - should be OFF. I expect this is done so the MFD, which includes engine instruments, will be on during engine start. However this also means that the radios etc are all on during start, which is wrong, and there's also some wierdness with the PFD (see below). It would be better to enable the MFD as soon as BATT MASTER is ON, while leaving the PFD, radios and other avionics connected via the Avionics Master switch, which could then be OFF for engine start. - FIXED

2. Left and right generator switches are ON - should be OFF (to reduce load during starting). - FIXED

3. ENG AUTO IGN is ON - should be OFF for both engines. - FIXED

4. NAV and RECOG lights are ON - should be OFF.

5. Beacon is ON which is correct. However the beacon does not operate as it requires generator power and the BUS TIE is OPEN. Normally, you would manually close the bus tie before turning the beacon on. However, the GEN TIES MAN CLOSE switch does not appear to have any effect. A simpler option would be to connect the beacon to the battery bus (as was done on some later models) so it will work when the gen tie is open. Of course then there should be a white circle around the beacon switch to indicate this :) - FIXED (MAN BUS TIE CLOSE)

6. Power lever is set to REVERSE. That is wrong - the manual and placard states that reverse must only be engaged with engines running. Should be set to IDLE. - FIXED

7. Prop is FEATHERED - should be FULLY FORWARD (max RPM). - FIXED

8. The voltmeter on the overhead panel indicates 28V on the left and right generator busses with the engines off and the bus ties open. Presumably this should read 0 V. - FIXED

After resetting controls as noted above, and following the engine start procedure I noted the following:

1. The Ignition/Start switches are reversed - the left switch starts the right engine, and vice-versa. FIXED (Ignition/Start UP to start)

2. The Ignition/Start switches have no effect unless the other ignition/start switch is fully down which is incorrect, and took ages to figure out! The fully down position is actually supposed to be a momentary position that springs back to the centre OFF position. It's function is START ONLY, which turns the engine to clear fuel but does NOT enable ignition. It may have been intended to prevent attempting to start both engines simultaneously, but then it should require that the other switch be in the centre OFF position. FIXED (Ignition/Start UP to start)

3. The prop does not turn when Ignition/Start is in either the START ONLY (fully down) or IGNITION/START (fully up) positions with the CONDITION lever in IDLE CUTOFF. With the switch in either of these positions, and assuming battery master is ON, the starter motor will rotate the props, although the engine will not fire as there is no fuel. The engine start checklist starts with the condition in IDLE CUTOFF and Ignition/Start ON, so this should be addressed for realism.

4. Once the right engine is started (using the left engine start switch!), resetting GEN 2 and leaving it in the ON position does not extinguish the R DC GEN warning light on the annunciation panel. It appears that BOTH generators are controlled by the GEN 1 switch, which is incorrect. GEN 1 should control left generator, and GEN 2 right generator. FIXED

5. Once the generator is turned on using the GEN 1 switch, the PFD turns on. So presumably the PFD is not powered by the battery when the Avionics Master is ON, and you will lose the PFD if both generators fail in flight. Not good. As above, I suggest that the PFD be connected to Avionics Master bus, which can be powered by battery or either generator. FIXED

6. The NAV lights switch controls recognition lights, and RECOG switch controls the navigation lights. FIXED

7. As already mentioned in the alpha thread, the speed tape always indicates 0.

Other than these issues, it's great to have C&D and Before Engine Start options.

Edited 10 times, last by aroos (August 3, 2020 at 7:06 PM).