As real as it gets?

• I flew back to Adelaide from Brisbane on Friday morning in an Embraer 190-100 aircraft. A two hours and twenty minute flight. Unusually for me I scored a window seat and had a spectacular view of the passing landscape. I have to say that it did not match the view on my tablet in any way. When I fired up my AFS program to simulate the flight, AFS showed a red centre like landscape with little indication of human presence. In reality it was a much greener landscape with many towns and areas of farmland I flew over. At 36000 feet in AFS it looked like were were flying in the stratosphere and not at all like it really is at that altitude. Very disappointed. :(

• I flew back to Adelaide from Brisbane on Friday morning in an Embraer 190-100 aircraft. A two hours and twenty minute flight. Unusually for me I scored a window seat and had a spectacular view of the passing landscape. I have to say that it did not match the view on my tablet in any way. When I fired up my AFS program to simulate the flight, AFS showed a red centre like landscape with little indication of human presence. In reality it was a much greener landscape with many towns and areas of farmland I flew over. At 36000 feet in AFS it looked like were were flying in the stratosphere and not at all like it really is at that altitude. Very disappointed. :(

That is probably due to the lack of Australian scenery. I am also disappointed since I am Australian and I visit every two years or so and have wanted simulation for a long time. Airports in Queensland, NSW, Victoria, and SA would be nice to have one day. An E190 would also be cool since I fly KLM Cityhopper a lot in Europe so I really like the E190.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• Not looking to start a fight or anything and yes they would have been good, but I was with a sick wife (she went into hospital in the afternoon and is still there) so I did not take any. My comment still stands though. At 36000 feet the sky looked wrong on my tablet and indeed still does on the PC version, and there was far too much orange colour in the ground textures. Closer to Adelaide the ground texture is more golden yellow this time of year as it is a very dry place. The orange/red textures are more for the deserts.

• Not looking to start a fight or anything and yes they would have been good, but I was with a sick wife (she went into hospital in the afternoon and is still there) so I did not take any. My comment still stands though. At 36000 feet the sky looked wrong on my tablet and indeed still does on the PC version, and there was far too much orange colour in the ground textures. Closer to Adelaide the ground texture is more golden yellow this time of year as it is a very dry place. The orange/red textures are more for the deserts.

Hope the best for your wife man, is she okay?

• Hope the best for your wife man, is she okay?

Thank you for your concern. She was in a bad way but is now stabilised and should come home today. She picked up Influenza A on a cruise and we spent most of it confined to the cabin. We did not know it was Influenza A until the hospital did a PCR blood test. Interesting effect on the BP, she was 85/52 on Friday which is incredibly low, and 220 over 75 yesterday which is incredibly high! All over the place. Those ships are like big petrie dishes. Has it stopped her booking another one? No way .... Celebrity Edge in March and maybe another one in between.

• Thank you for your concern. She was in a bad way but is now stabilised and should come home today. She picked up Influenza A on a cruise and we spent most of it confined to the cabin. We did not know it was Influenza A until the hospital did a PCR blood test. Interesting effect on the BP, she was 85/52 on Friday which is incredibly low, and 220 over 75 yesterday which is incredibly high! All over the place. Those ships are like big petrie dishes. Has it stopped her booking another one? No way .... Celebrity Edge in March and maybe another one in between.

Cruises are just breeding grounds for disease so that is really unfortunate- best wishes for you and her

Best wishes from Geneva, Switzerland

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I don't think livery downloads work for iOS. Really quite a shame since a Qantaslink A320 would be nice as well as improved Qantas A380 (the vertical stabilser has mirrored text) and 747 (-OE CF6 variant)

I like how Aerofly runs smoothly and the connection that comes with using tilt mode on a mobile device such as an iPad. It is also nice to use it without internet and while I am flying. (It has made many transpacific flights go by much faster!)

As a proud Australian, it has always annoyed me that there was never a new Qantas A380 livery. I'm about to fly the A380 with Qantas for the first time in December and wished to have the new livery but I guess that won't happen.

Maybe a Virgin Blue 737 classic would look nice even though VA never used them; a QF 737-500 would be great and an Ansett Australia 737 would be brilliant. Australia is underrepresented in the sim so I wish that it had implementation. Airports such as Brisbane and Coolangatta as well as the Sydney area, Bankstown, Avalon Geelong, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Lord Howe island, Cairns, Melbourne, Hobart, Darwin, and Sunshine Coast should be added one day.

I was also bugged by the lack of an RAAF livery on the Sopwith Camel (we operated the Pup)

Honestly, I feel like the devs are reluctant to add new liveries but that's OK since I understand the fact that they are a small company with limited resources and capacity to waste time on trivial things like that.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited 6 times, last by Thekingbuji333 (November 20, 2023 at 2:45 PM).

• Thank you for your concern. She was in a bad way but is now stabilised and should come home today. She picked up Influenza A on a cruise and we spent most of it confined to the cabin. We did not know it was Influenza A until the hospital did a PCR blood test. Interesting effect on the BP, she was 85/52 on Friday which is incredibly low, and 220 over 75 yesterday which is incredibly high! All over the place. Those ships are like big petrie dishes. Has it stopped her booking another one? No way .... Celebrity Edge in March and maybe another one in between.

Oh wow, I wish you and her just the best :)

All good wishes to you both from Central Italy.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Gute Besserung!!!:saint: