• While we work to resolve all of the recent stuttering and performance issues that some of you have been seeing, I just wanted to point out that a small update has been released.

We found a performance issue with an external DLL that we use.

This resulted in periodic stuttering during head movement. and small pauses while flying,

This issue should now be fixed.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I just tested it on my machine. It's an i7 7700K with 16GB of Intel Optane memory and a Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 card and an Oculus Rift CV1.

Flying the F4U Corsair over the heavily congested part of San Diego, California, with graphics set to "Ultra" and VR at 2.0, I have no stuttering, even in a fast, prolonged sweeping turn, which used to be when I'd get a bit of stuttering.

This is good work. Whatever you fixed with the external DLL was definitely causing a little stuttering.

Everything is as smooth as olive oil on polished marble now. Nice job, team!

• I find that it completely cures the problem of stuttering during head movement. I am still getting some regular stuttering in Chicago, although it isn't horrible, and Chicago must be the hardest scenery to run smoothly.

And sadly the graphics anomalies are still there, but I understand this update wasn't designed to fix that.

• We are still working on the graphical anomalies issue so please stay tuned on that front.

The stuttering that you see in heavier scenery areas is the loading of the scene. You can also see some due to the clouds loading. These are both normal and should be nominal at worst. The clouds issues should be taken care of once they are replaced.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I realize that we all should get the update automatically - but I didn't notice it today - maybe it was so quick. Still, it would be nice if you mentioned the version number as we would see it on the About page when IPACS make an update.

Thanks much

Dave W.

• I'll get to updating the wiki version shortly. We pumped this one out fast so that everyone had this fixed asap. We don't like bugs here at IPACS ;)

Regards,

Jeff

• I saw the blog post about the accidental merge with release and dev versions and am suspecting the recent update was to fix that too. I was flying the Bücker this past weekend/Monday and found the VR menu which now seems gone. I’m still low time with FS2 so might be missing something, but was that VR menu a preview of things to come? If so, I really like it as for me, I bumped the scale up a bit since things seemed just a tad small.

On the plus side for me, the scale setting seemed to remain in force after this update and everything held proper size. While I had the VR menu I did also have the stutters and now stutters are gone here too.

Just a comment but Aerofly FS2 is beautiful! I’m a very long time flight sim pilot with an embarrassing amount of time in many different sims. I’ve always dreamed of being "in" the sim. VR did that big time. I even built a motion platform now to make it more real. The experience in Aerofly is just amazing especially in VR the Bücker. Thanks! Your VR support is the best there is.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, 2 dof Motion, Valve Index

Edited once, last by Zed (December 14, 2017 at 2:14 PM).

• I saw the blog post about the accidental merge with release and dev versions and am suspecting the recent update was to fix that too. I was flying the Bücker this past weekend/Monday and found the VR menu which now seems gone. I’m still low time with FS2 so might be missing something, but was that VR menu a preview of things to come? If so, I really like it as for me, I bumped the scale up a bit since things seemed just a tad small.

On the plus side for me, the scale setting seemed to remain in force after this update and everything held proper size. While I had the VR menu I did also have the stutters and now stutters are gone here too.

Just a comment but Aerofly FS2 is beautiful! I’m a very long time flight sim pilot with an embarrassing amount of time in many different sims. I’ve always dreamed of being "in" the sim. VR did that big time. I even built a motion platform now to make it more real. The experience in Aerofly is just amazing especially in VR the Bücker. Thanks! Your VR support is the best there is.

Do you have a VR headset? You will only see in the menu 'Virtual Reality' if you are running the one of the settings that trigger VR. Take a look at our WIKI (Launching Aerofly FS 2)

Regards,

Jeff