• Jet-Pack some time ago mentioned the developer camera as substitute for the SLEW mode. (31 Jan 2017)

You should be able to zip around in a developer camera, that can be done more or less by now already. (...)

But you need the developer option in the main.mcf file for sure. I've just seen the camera in action and it looked quite usable to me.

Can you please describe how to activate this developer camera?

Cheers, Thomas

• Just a quick note to thank you gentlemen for the developer camera. What a blast to explore the ORBX addons especially in such detail. Getting up on balconies to overlook the ramp at Monterey for example... Just amazing tool. Heck, I might not even get in the cockpit this afternoon. I can only imagine how this could be used in the future to watch AI aircraft taking off and landing from the vantage point of one's choice..

• Yes, I also spend quite some time checking things out with this camera! Fun stuff! (And amazing to see how everything stays sharp and focused, unlike when you use slew in another sim!)

• Yes, that's essential tool for scenery making and checking dynamically how the whole lot behaves. Thanks !

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I agree. The Developer Camera and the Q400 HUD are the two most welcomed additions for me. But, It is certainly refreshing to see some fairly substantial additions in the cockpits. The only problem is that the more I see, the more I want.

It won’t be long until we are no longer talking about this update and are making our new priority lists and grumbling about not having a helicopter, ATC, ai, water, and why our favorite plane is being avoided. Just human nature, I guess.

Maybe the Florida Keys DLC and Orbx Netherlands will be available soon to distract us.

Regards,

Ray

• It won’t be long until we are no longer talking about this update and are making our new priority lists and grumbling about not having a helicopter, ATC, ai, water, and why our favorite plane is being avoided. Just human nature, I guess.

Maybe the Florida Keys DLC and Orbx Netherlands will be available soon to distract us.

Regards,

Ray

Yup, that seems to be the way it works..........

For myself however, my experience here has helped me develop a very laid-back attitude, not just to Aerofly, but to all the sims. Stuff will happen when it happens.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Yup, that seems to be the way it works..........

For myself however, my experience here has helped me develop a very laid-back attitude, not just to Aerofly, but to all the sims. Stuff will happen when it happens.

That certainly seems to be the best approach.

Ray

• It won’t be long until we are no longer talking about this update and are making our new priority lists and grumbling about not having a helicopter, ATC, ai, water, and why our favorite plane is being avoided. Just human nature, I guess.

You forgot WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8o

I also like the HUD (though I never use it with the Majestic Dash) and the camera but my favorite additions by far are the improved AA (which makes a world of difference for my enjoyment of everything) and the extra MCDU screens in the Airbus (great to look at during a flight but also because they are a taste of what is to come!).

• I like the opening canopy of the fa-18. Could stay all day long on the tarmac and open, close, open, close the canopy.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Can the new Developer Camera be used inside the cockpit to look around and zoom in to get close up views of some of the nooks and crannies? I feel the controls are rather clumsy for moving around. Maybe I just need more time at the controls.

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

Can the new Developer Camera be used inside the cockpit to look around and zoom in to get close up views of some of the nooks and crannies? I feel the controls are rather clumsy for moving around. Maybe I just need more time at the controls.

Regards,

Ray

That camera is not designed for this and many instruments are actually removed in this particular view.

There is another dev cam for this purpose though, I'm not sure if that one is public...