Aerofly on Wikipedia

• Hello,

I've created a page dedicated to AFS on the french Wikipedia:

It's mainly a simple copy/paste/translate from the website. I plan to translate it back in order to make the english page.

I have also reorganized the list of flight simulators on that page in order to put AFS2 on the top of the list. I did the same on the english page ;)

But I have few questions:

• I cannot find any information about AFS1: could you please confirm me it was released on 2013 (and AFS2 was released in 2016) ?
    • About the flight model in Aerofly: is it more like X-Plane (everything is computed in real time) or more like FSX/P3D (use of pre-computed data) ?
    • Can I use the AFS2 logo attached to that post ? Can I use some screenshots taken from the website/wiki or made by myself ?

Thanks for your help,

Vincent.

• Yes I know but on Wikipedia we talk about a single page only, it's less detailed than the AFS Wiki and it's not the same goal.

And there were nothing in Wikipedia (english version but also in the french or german versions) which spoke about Aerofly !

• Official Post
    • About the flight model in Aerofly: is it more like X-Plane (everything is computed in real time) or more like FSX/P3D (use of pre-computed data) ?

Realtime multi-body simulation, e.g. with changes in center of gravity and inertia as you lower or retract the landing gear.

You can read more about the features on our official aerofly homepage as well https://www.aerofly.com/features/overview/

If you do create a wikipedia page, make sure to link back to the official homepage and wiki pages :)

• Realtime multi-body simulation, e.g. with changes in center of gravity and inertia as you lower or retract the landing gear.

You can read more about the features on our official aerofly homepage as well https://www.aerofly.com/features/overview/

If you do create a wikipedia page, make sure to link back to the official homepage and wiki pages :)

Curious, does fuel level have any effect on c of g and performance. IE would a working fuel system on the R22 effect the c of g and performance?

The worst day of flying still beats the best day of real work.

• Realtime multi-body simulation, e.g. with changes in center of gravity and inertia as you lower or retract the landing gear.

Thanks Jan for your reply, and yes I will add a reference to the AFS2 wiki.

• I cannot find any information about AFS1: could you please confirm me it was released on 2013 (and AFS2 was released in 2016) ?

Could someone please confirm me that AFS1 was released on 2013 and AFS2 in 2016 ?

And what the content "out of the box" in AFS1 ? There were as many aircrafts as in AFS2 ? And the detailed sceneries was limited to the west coast of the USA like in AFS2 ?

• AeroflyFS1 was released in 2012. My receipt is from February 2012. And yes, it was restricted to Switzerland and there was no possibility to extend it.

Planes:

C172,

F/A18,

Robin 400,

Pitts S-2B,

Discus bM Glider,

Swift S1 Glider,

Sopwith F1 Camel,

Extra 330

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• AeroflyFS1 was released in 2012. My receipt is from February 2012. And yes, it was restricted to Switzerland and there was no possibility to extend it.

There are still some possibilities to extend AeroflyFS1 with airplanes and scenes:

https://www.aerofly-sim.de/download/download-aeroflyfs

Tschüss, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• There are still some possibilities to extend AeroflyFS1 with airplanes and scenes:

https://www.aerofly-sim.de/download/download-aeroflyfs

Tschüss, Michael

Yes, there were extensions but not outside of Switzerland, as far as I recall.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Thanks for your replies that have allowed me to complete the english page with infos related to AFS1 :thumbup:

The page is still not visible because the moderators are very picky when creating a new page on the english version of Wikipedia, which is a good think (it was much easier on the French version).