Aerofly FS 2 - Just Flight - Turbo Arrow III / IV Available TODAY on Steam!

• The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III and Arrow IV are four seater, turbocharged piston-engine aircraft equipped with a retractable tricycle landing gear and constant-speed propeller – ideal for touring and instrument training.

First available in 1977, the Turbo Arrow III was the first turbocharged variant of the PA-28R Arrow, retaining the conventional tail of the Arrow III and a new cowling which housed the six-cylinder turbocharged engine. The Turbo Arrow IV followed in 1979 and featured the distinctive T-tail which was common amongst other Piper aircraft.

The aircraft are flown all around the world and this add-on reflects that global popularity. The product features ten liveries from the USA, UK, Germany, Australia, Switzerland, Austria and the Czech Republic.

MODEL

• Accurately modeled PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III and PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV, built using real-world aircraft plans following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life Arrow III, G-BGKU, based at Conington Airfield
    • Numerous animations, including multi-animation passenger door, cockpit window and sun visors
    • 4096 x 4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
    • Bump, specular, reflection and ambient occlusion mapping used throughout the aircraft for a truly 3D feel

COCKPIT

• A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modeled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
    • Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
    • Different colour schemes for the Turbo Arrow III (grey/blue) and Arrow IV (tan/brown)
    • Functional and comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit including:

- KMA 20 audio selector unit

- GNS 530 unit including COM 1 / NAV 1 function

- KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)

- Piper Autocontrol IIIB autopilot unit with navigation, heading and roll hold (no vertical control as in real world)

- KT 76A transponder unit

- KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes

- KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
    • Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
    • Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter

AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS

• Custom-coded fuel system
    • Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers
    • Realistic landing gear system with emergency release
    • Functioning alternate air and static source controls

LIVERIES

The Turbo Arrow III is supplied in the following five paint schemes:

• N48427 (USA)
    • D-ERMT (Germany)
    • G-OBAK (UK)
    • HB-PMB (Switzerland)
    • VH-LLA (Australia)

The Turbo Arrow IV is supplied in the following five paint schemes:

• D-EAIV (Germany)
    • G-BOGM (UK)
    • OE-KFT (Austria)
    • OK-MAN (Czech Republic)
    • N3023K (USA)

OTHER FEATURES

• Realistic flight dynamics based on real world performance and handling data
    • Authentic sound set by Turbine Sound Studios (TSS)
    • Custom sounds for switches, doors, gear warnings and more
    • Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Didn't see the paintkit. There's another download for it?.

Also, the manuals were supposed to be corrected from several errors in the instruments descriptions?. Separate download?.

Apart of that, thanks to JF for the update.

Cheers, Ed

Edited once, last by edpatino (August 29, 2019 at 4:25 PM).

• I bought this on Steam. Does anyone have any idea where it installs to?

As the Just Flight installer forces the installation onto the C: drive I wanted to check Steam had put it in the right place, and so far I can't find it anywhere!

EDIT: Found it, and in the right place, nice

Edited once, last by Majick (August 30, 2019 at 11:52 AM).

• I flew my first trips with the Arrow, and I am very impressed with the general attention to detail.

But I encountered a bug. As no one has reported it before it may be because of my setup: depending on my head position using a WMR headset the heading bug flickers or even disappears. The same goes for the From/To-indicator at the NAV 1 indicator. If I lean into the instruments everything is visible, in my regular sitting position these two items are invisible.

Does anyone experience the same problems? And does anyone know where to report these?

BTW: I own the Steam-version.

• And does anyone know where to report these?

Hi,

The official way would be the JustFlight forum or their support. As I'm hanging around here, it has reached the right peron already.

I also certainly believe it is connected to the WMR headset. I'm using the Oculus Rift and have never ever seen this problem, nor any tester or user reported it.

The only thing I could imagine right now is that the heading bug gets rendered behind the instrument itself.

- When you are leaning forward, does the heading bug flicker for a moment then it get's visible?

- Do you see the same problem in any other (default) plane? It could also be any other geometry close to an other, like instrument needels, etc.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Jan, do you have any idea what could be the case?

Cheers,

Kai

• I flew my first trips with the Arrow, and I am very impressed with the general attention to detail.

But I encountered a bug. As no one has reported it before it may be because of my setup: depending on my head position using a WMR headset the heading bug flickers or even disappears. The same goes for the From/To-indicator at the NAV 1 indicator. If I lean into the instruments everything is visible, in my regular sitting position these two items are invisible.

Does anyone experience the same problems? And does anyone know where to report these?

BTW: I own the Steam-version.

What quality settings do you use and do they pop in when you move closer to the panel?

Does this happen in other aircraft, too? E.g. the Corsair F4U gear indicator balls?

We usually remove objects from the rendering scene if they are small on the screen, this varies with quality settings. It could be that that threshold is not adjusted for the WMR headsets.

• kai503 & Jet-Pack (IPACS) Thanks for getting back to this issue to promptly.

My graphics settings:

• Texture: high
    • Terrain mesh: high
    • Terrain image: high
    • Shadow: medium
    • Building: medium
    • Tree: high
    • VR render scale: 1.50

I use an Acer WMR headset connected to a GTX1080 (latest drivers).

The small parts of the Piper Arrow cockpit are only visible if I lean into the cockpit (e.g. having my head next to the yoke). There is a distance where they flicker (they are only visible for one eye ;) -> ;)).

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Your are perfectly right, the Corsair gear indicator balls show the same behaviour (I did not event notice they were present before you told me), being only visible when I stick my head in 30cm distance.

In the Cessna 172 the turn coordinator ball turns and heading bug is perfectly visible, but the turn coordinator ball turns into a blur and the heading bug vanishes when I put my head behind the headrest, so there is enough safe space to move your head around (if the pilot's head is behind the headrest, there might be bigger problems than not being able to see the finer details of your instruments;))

Do I have to change my graphics settings? Is there something else I can do?

• Just try it out, better quality settings should mean the small objects are rendered up to a much larger distance.

Changing the graphics setting to "ultra" makes the heading bug of the Arrow visible in any distance - changing it to "high" yields the same behaviour as described above.

As "ultra" is somewhat choppy on my rig (at least when flying over the Netherlands), is there any other way to make this work?

• I am trying the Arrow in VR for the first time. I am using the mouse so no touch controllers. I notice I can not raise the gear and turn on the AP with the mouse. The mouse pointer won't get 'on' the button/lever. Anyone else having the same problem? Not I have to reach for the keyboard and try to hit the right key to get things done. Would be nice if this could get fixed!

• Yes, the clickspot for the yoke is in front of the AP main switch, so hiding the yoke is the best option to to turn the AP on. All other switches should work fine. Leaning a bit forward should help to reach the gear lever (use mouse wheel, single left click or left click + track)

It's the layout of the cockpit which causes the problem. So, nothing what I can do about.

Kai

• Okay, I'll give it a try. The odd thing is that lowering the gear works without a problem: it's only raising it that doesn't work. Even when I lean forward. But I'll learn to live with it. ;)

• Actually the paintkits are identical to the P3D version. Which reminds me to publish the C152 CHA ;)

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• The paintkits should be meanwhile available, please check your JF account. Let me know if it's still not there.

Actually the paintkits are identical to the P3D version.

Only almost. There are several elements which are in the FSX version on the diffuse map, but in FS2 on other maps. For example, the ambient occlusion is in FSX baked, while FS2 uses an own map.

Kai