need for Cell Phone Tower 3D files for AFS2

• If we are to build realistic local sceneries we need some new items added. Maybe some XREF low impact files would be good. Here are some photos of recently added cell phone towers with 50 miles of my house in Mississippi. Kinda like shopping for a good looking girl, they comes in all heights, widths, and features. It would be great if we had a nice collection to grab from and place as needed.

Anyone out there with the means and talent to add a few that look similar to some of these? The 3D Warehouse seems to be totally void of these models for some strange reason.

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• Saves using your microwave oven to heat food with all that RF about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Windows Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Intel Pentium G2130 @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM DDR3, ASUS H61M-K, Graphics PHL 273V5 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960, Thrustmaster Joystick and Home Made Rudder Pedals.

• Looks to me like we could use the already existing towers that we have in catalog, and we just add a few objects at various heights. Maybe a random add.

I think with 5-6 objects all of this can be replicated:

- A single parabolic dish

- A cluster of two single monopoles (although probably hard to see as you fly by)

- A cluster of 3 bars in a triangle

- A cluster of 6 bars in a triangle

- A cluster of 12 bars in an hexagon

You get the idea. I can create such object real quick if we know how to spread them on towers, any idea on dimensions?

• You start working. I will come up with some dimension. We need a few various heights anyway. I love the idea of mix and match. For a start, we need a round pole - short, medium and tall. Then we need the typical tall guyed tower and even taller guyed tower to hold a ton of black cables. Then we need the wide foot, skinny top lattice type tower. All the different goodies and hang on each at different heights.

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/18449/

Here is a grouping of typical attachment. Let me know which ones you might like to see and I can send you a larger high res photo.

Thanks Andy, that would be great. Maybe TomSimMuc, Rodeo, or ZoSoChile will jump in with the file building process. The end result after running through the converter is IPACS ttx and tmb files.

Looks to me like we could use the already existing towers that we have in catalog, and we just add a few objects at various heights. Maybe a random add. . . . .

You get the idea. I can create such object real quick if we know how to spread them on towers, any idea on dimensions?

This should give you an idea on the sizes of the modular antennae. =O:S

I am a 3D modeller but not actually developed anything for FS2 yet. What format do you need these in, I could knock some up.

Andy

Thanks Andy, that would be great. Maybe TomSimMuc, Rodeo, or ZoSoChile will jump in with the file building process. The end result after running through the converter is IPACS ttx and tmb files. (my reply got sucked up among the antenna pictures so I am repeating it here.)

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• I am a 3D modeller but not actually developed anything for FS2 yet. What format do you need these in, I could knock some up.

Andy

Hey gonzo84,

here are some tall "guyed" cell towers in my neighborhood. As I am driving around I snap a picture to show all the variations. If we could get just a few slight different tall towers we could possibly add the tenants at different heights and directions. These things are growing like trees nowadays.

Ray

• That's ready if someone wants it.

This is exactly what we need to kick start our cell tower erector kit. Of course, we need a 300 foot tall guyed wire tower full of black cables to hold them. Maybe one of our guys will run your files through the ttx/tmb generating converter adding some textures along the way. 🤭😜😲🤓

• I would like to spend this communication tower to the community (freeware), (c) TomSimMuc

I did it from scratch. Antennas from 3Dwarehouse.com.

Copy this 300 feet tower to places/Paris/Cultivation or change the tsc to any other location

You find it at [position][2.213189 48.795996.

• Don't you think that's a bit too high?

I don’t. Right on the money for recently installed cell phone towers around my home town. Add one or two directional drum antennas about half way up and it could be one of a half dozen that I have in my photos above. All taken this month.

A freeware wind turbine would make a great AFS2 addition to this first new guyed tower.

• Don't you think that's a bit too high?

It was on Rays request and I tried to come close to his wish, need for Cell Phone Tower 3D files for AFS2

One trick for all users of it: If it is too long for your purpose, set a negativ height in the tsc line, example:

<[string8][geometry][cell_tower_grid_3x_ant_100m_b]>

<[vector3_float64][position][2.213189 48.795996 -20]>

• Actually, I was thinking it might be too short. It is like having two watches with different time, you never know for sure which one is correct. Here is a comparison shot of the radiotower 100m that we have been using for months in AFS2 and Tom's new 300 foot cell tower. hmmm.