OAHU for AFS2 in development - Share our excitement!

• The shown screenshots in last two postings promises fine VFR-flights and challenging Heli-landings. PHNL airport looks also fantastic.

Oahu as major Island due to the Hawaiian Capital Honolulu will look phantastic to explore. I hope that in conjunction the other Hawaiian Island

will also be fine if they can have a ZL13 photoreal and at least a simpel cultivation coverage next to a 19mtr mesh, thank you to consider this.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• The shown screenshots in last two postings promises fine VFR-flights and challenging Heli-landings. PHNL airport looks also fantastic.

Oahu as major Island due to the Hawaiian Capital Honolulu will look phantastic to explore. I hope that in conjunction the other Hawaiian Island

will also be fine if they can have a ZL13 photoreal and at least a simpel cultivation coverage next to a 19mtr mesh, thank you to consider this.

We are discussing the possibility of adding another island, but if it happens it will be very simple and basic in comparison.

• An incredible undertaking. I imagine when released, there will be a lot of helicopter pilots flying around the island, because to fly any other aircraft one will miss a lot of the detail.

Thanks in advance, for this masterful work.

Computer specifications:

Win 10 64bit Pro; Case Rosewill ATX Mid Tower with Blue LED Fans; PSU Corsair TX 850 Watts; Motherbrd ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming; CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Boost 4.1Ghz; 16GB G Skill DDR4 3000; 2 HDs 2TB Hybrids; VideoCard EVGA Geforce GTX 1050Ti, 4GB, PCIe X16; Latest Display Driver; SoundCard ASUS XonarDX; Logitech Speakers G51, 5.1; Corsair HS60 Pro Surround 7.1 Headset; Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X & CH Fighter Stick and Pro Pedals; TrackIR-5; Monitor, Acer GN246HL 24" LED, 3D gaming Widescreen, 144hz refresh rate

• You have NOT "several people on the team working on the ortho ….!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ich bin hier das Monopol. Alone of the world.

I suppose the difference in our points of view could be the difference in “here” and “there” . We have four team members working on our orthos. 😳

• You've probably noticed the hot air balloon in the screenshots. So, today I got wondering what the view would be like from the balloon itself. So, after a wee bit of messing around in the developer camera view.... Here you go....

By the way, everything (including the ortho) is still a work in progress. We're getting there, but not there yet!

• Personally, I like the fact that your color settings are lower in saturation which makes the scenery much more real - color attenuates with distance. I would even reduce the saturation on the the stadium textures.

My favorite area of Oahu really is MCAS Kaneohe which requires some P-8s and other military aircraft. I like to have a Battle Group headed out from there as well.

Looking forward to flying there. I do like a little bit of "Red Flag" exercises with live ordinance (HARMS, AAA, SA-3x, Migs) that I can make happen with either Combat Air Patrol 2 ( AV-8 Harrier ) or P3D with the VRS-F18 and a catapult launch from the Battle Group.

• Personally, I like the fact that your color settings are lower in saturation which makes the scenery much more real - color attenuates with distance. I would even reduce the saturation on the the stadium textures.

My favorite area of Oahu really is MCAS Kaneohe which requires some P-8s and other military aircraft. I like to have a Battle Group headed out from there as well.

Looking forward to flying there. I do like a little bit of "Red Flag" exercises with live ordinance (HARMS, AAA, SA-3x, Migs) that I can make happen with either Combat Air Patrol 2 ( AV-8 Harrier ) or P3D with the VRS-F18 and a catapult launch from the Battle Group.

Good to hear from you.

I have your Nimitz Battle Group steaming offshore near Pearl Harbor. We have static P-8s for MCAS along with all the other military and classic statics that we can find available. We have a couple of animated DDGs steaming in and around Pearl and Honolulu. Ford Island has a nice Air Museum with a full collection of aircraft.

• Hawaii / Hilo, work in progress

As you can see from the above... We have started provisional work on the island of Hawaii (The big island). Needless to say, the main work continues on Oahu as well. You have probably also guessed the identity of at least two of the other team members based on recent posts. Jetjockey10, and TomSimMuc. To sound like Trump... "We have an amazing group of people, good people, the best people..." And please say a silent prayer for one of the team who is living with COVID-19 right now. Will not identify them due to confidentiality. BUT the more prayers and good energy the better, for one of our own AFS2 fan family. We Be Brothers!

• It is amazing what a team of talented individuals can do - maybe better attention to detail than many third party developers. My current favorite scenery is still Monterrey, CA by ORBX (high resolution textures ) so it will be great to compare this Hawaii with that experience. I like to fly low, looking out the side windows in VR as I make a tight left turn and say to myself - "how cool is this!!"